5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing life saving book, 3 April 2014
Had an awful weekend with my daughter. Huge tantrums one after the other. One of them happened in a superstore. I was mortified and ended up in tears. I ended up downloading this book at 5.30am the next morning when I was faced with yet another tantrum. It was brilliant. I already knew what was going wrong but it's so hard to change your own behaviour.. This book gives you brilliant examples, advice and guidance. I think I read it within an hour and a half and that day saw how I was reacting differently to my daughter and in turn her positive behaviour towards me and the rest if our family. Excellent!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars divas and dictators, 2 Sept. 2009
Mrs. R. Turnbull (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Divas & Dictators: The Secrets to Having a Much Better Behaved Child (Paperback)
Clear, concise, practical guidance that enables me to help parents of children whose behaviour is not easily managed in school.

5.0 out of 5 stars if you have toddlers, get this book, NOW, 1 Nov. 2011
I was given this book, when my child was under a year old, at the time not very relevant. I have re-read the book, now that my child is 3 years old, and it has utterly essential. I would recommend anyone, with a small child, to read this and put it into action. The 10 minute playtime is very, very useful (and quite hard to do, at first) If you want to be happier, and therefore have a happier child, go ahead and start page turning.

5.0 out of 5 stars best so far on the market, 19 Oct. 2009
having read several books concerning child behaviour and how to deal with it i was sceptical about this one. however i found it the best by far. the strategies that the author advocates are achievable and in most cases very simple and effective.
unlike other books of its kind charlie taylor does not patronise and make you feel an absolute failure in fact i learnt alot about myself which has helped in applying the strategies to help my grandsons. i bought a copy for my daughter too so we can both be doing the same thing. give it a go it isn't a massive book, very readable and effective.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm glad I'm a humble enough character to pick up this ..., 5 Jan. 2015
RS Richards (UK East Anglia) - See all my reviews
Only a couple of chapters in and it made a huge difference to our family. Our daughter was nearing 2 and I was really not aware how heavy I was being on her. I knew it was something we were doing that was leading her to lash out. I'm glad I'm a humble enough character to pick up this book and make the change. We have a happy girl. If only we could get her to sleep through every night ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommend to all parents!, 21 Feb. 2011
I would highly recommend this book as it is concise, practical (contains many case studies) and covers all the main areas. We have had virtually instant success by implementing the 6:1 praise concept and by adopting many of the other more subtle suggestions in the book. Quite a few of the case studies were scarily familiar so it was incredibly relevant and well-written.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensible, easy to follow advice, 9 Dec. 2009
K. Scofield (London) - See all my reviews
This book offers sensible, clear eyed advice which is working wonderfully for my 5 and 9 year old. It is the only book of its type that I have read that takes into account real life situations - for example what to do about older siblings when the younger child is acting up. I came back to this page to see if the author had a book on pre-teens!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - sensible advice that really works!!, 9 July 2011
Easy to read & full of real examples. Very straight forward, easy to follow advice. We have been following the 6:1 praise ratio theory for the last few weeks, and have noticed dramatic improvements in the behaviour of our nearly-4 yr old son. We were at our wits end when a friend recommended this book to us & it has been worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book, 17 Sept. 2010
I wanted to learn how best to deal with my up and coming toddler before his behaviour got out of hand but I didn't want to break his spirit. I've done what the book says and I have to say my son is a breeze most of the time and when he isn't I know what to do without both me or my son feeling frustrated and out of control. Exellent book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Common Sense Book, 29 April 2013
I purchased this book when my nearly 5 year old son was becoming quite a handful not doing anything we asked and generally misbehaving. I was sceptical as it said it was for under 5's so was concerned the tactics maybe too baby like - but I was very wrong. This book is not an over complex book which gives you a big lecture about perfect parenting, it is a common sense book which uses great analogies to help you understand why children behave in certain ways and how you're behaviour/response can have either a real negative or amazingly positive impact on them. As suspected our methods for disciplining/rewarding and generally dealing with situations were not the wrong ones. It was down to how we were applying them that caused our problems. The praising strategy really works for my son and whilst it takes some time and effort the results are well worthwhile. I have recommended this book to all of my friends.

Divas & Dictators: The Secrets to Having a Much Better Behaved Child