Format: Paperback|Change

on 10 April 2008
I read John Bird's "7 steps" books under duress, but I really appreciated his "give 3 percent" approach. I grabbed this one because it was small and light and I like his style. And what a good book it is. Filled with almost obvious practical gems of insight, sometimes harsh, sometimes funny, always no-nonsense crystal clear, I think I'll probably give away all the rest of my "self help" books to de clutter my bookshelf... this is the only one I'll ever need!
on 26 May 2011
This is a gem of a guide for ordinary people who want to find the courage and inspiration to move ahead with their dream. John Bird's style is honest and real and his advice is believable. He doesn't give you false hopes but he gives you courage to believe that anyone from the most ordinary of backgrounds and education can decide on a project and see it through. It's a book to read more than once. You identify with him in both his ups and his downs and you exult with him in his triumphs. His success with Big Issue is testimony to his courage and persistence to accomplish what he set out to do. I see I've used the word 'courage' three times and, indeed, courageous is a very apt description for John Bird. A great role model for the ordinary man (or woman) in the street! A must-read for everyone - and it won't take you long!
on 30 November 2015
Nonchalantly, I picked this book from my library and unbeknownst to me, I have been impressed. Even though I knew about THE BIG ISSUE, I never knew the gentleman behind it (I'm Congolese, shoot me!) Those "quick reads" book series are perfect for the common person who wants a bite-size on various topics. In this case, laws of success as experienced by Lord John Bird. The writing style stays true to the author's pedigree and the somehow frank but bleak advice or commentary strikes home. Coupled with "How to change your life in 7 steps", these are decent self-help books. I returned the book to the library, bought myself a copy (at £1.99, you are not going to be bankrupted) so I can underline parts that struck a chord with me. This way, I can always return to it and share it with friends, colleagues or tweets.
on 12 January 2014
Easy to read and understand. Focuses on determination of the writer to get where and wat he wants in life
on 4 October 2014
This is a very practical easy to read and put into action read.
on 29 December 2015
a good simple book - concise and to the point.
on 14 April 2015
Very good book would do business angen