5.0 out of 5 stars Forget meat and two veg..........
Published on 31 July 2008 by Jane Addison

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing book
Published on 6 Jan 2012 by Pickwickpapers

5.0 out of 5 stars Forget meat and two veg.........., 31 July 2008
This review is from: The Great Big Veg Challenge: How to get your children eating vegetables happily (Paperback)
I bought this book hoping for new ideas about what to feed the kids, and I'm delighted with the results. It's absolutely packed full of recipes and, while it covers some of the more exotic vegetables, it's also got plenty of suggestions for new ways of making the old favourites more appealing. But what I like best about the book is the fact that these really are dishes which the whole family can enjoy - the adults are as happy eating them as the kids. I have a fussy four year old who, much to our amazement, has happily munched through sweet potatoes with a spicy dressing, and this has kickstarted us into encouraging her to try more new tastes. So I wholeheartedly recommend this book - and it's a good read too!

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing and inspirational book, 14 July 2008
David Hall (South Tyneside, England) - See all my reviews
The U.K. is in a precarious situation at this very moment. Never has our nation been so confused about food yet ironically, never have we had so much food literally thrown into our faces, especially via the growing army of TV chefs. As somebody who teaches thousands of children how to eat everything in moderation, with emphasis on the fruit and vegetable, I feel I have a right to say I'm on the frontline. And it is scary.

What Charlotte Hume has done with this book is grab the very ethos of what food should be; simple, delicious, fun and less intimidating for children. An A-Z of vegetables with superb, easy to achieve and non-egotistical recipes, access for all. It really is that good.

If you are somebody with family, or you are somebody yourself, who seem to be for some reason scared of vegetables, or even if you are somebody who claims to know it all, please check out this book. For somebody at the end of their tether trying to get her son to eat vegetables, it proves that with a bit of time, patience and the passion to feed her family properly, it can be done no matter how high the obstacle. And now you can have access to the miracles that made it happen.

I cannot recommend it high enough. Absolutely bleedin' brilliant - well done!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but...., 25 Nov 2009
I love the concept of this book and I think it's genius... however, I still think there could have been more *regular* recipes in there that incorporate these vegetables. Reason being - I have had this book for months and months and still haven't made a single thing from it! :/ I think it's also probably good for older kids, who will at least pick up the vegetables... for example, my toddler wouldn't dare touch a bit of asparagus, let alone put it in his mouth. But once you can turn it into an adventure and explain why they should eat vegetables etc etc, (and perhaps go through the whole book together!) I'm sure it would be far easier to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 13 Mar 2013
Melissa Addey "Melissa" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Just arrived in the post and already one hour later I've got a list of about 15 good ideas for meals. My little boy (18mo) will eat most things but not keen on veg so far, so I needed new ideas as I could tell I wasn't being interesting enough with using different veg or recipes. Also we think he might be colourblind and apparently this can put them off green veg as it can look very unappetising to them. So I needed to be reminded of different coloured veg and some good ideas for mixing it into other things. Really pleased to have new ideas and when I mentioned a few to my husband he said yummy do we get to eat them too?!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great veg challenge, 7 Oct 2013
Great idea, great book, exactly as described by seller, can't wait to get started on it! My son doesn't eat any vegetables, but is open to the idea of this book so I'm sure we'll find something he can eat!

5.0 out of 5 stars great vegetarian reciepes, 9 Aug 2013
A fabulous book about one family's adventurous journey into the world of vegetable tasting. 10/10 to the young boy and the family for tasting all the veg and collating all the receipes. 10/10 to the mother for her humorous start of chapter anecdotes. And 10/10 to all the people around the world who sent receipes to the family via the internet. The artichoke pizza is absolutely delicious as are many of the other receipes. The book sellars service was both fast and reliable

5.0 out of 5 stars every parent with fussy eaters needs this book, 26 Dec 2012
A great book to get the kids to eat veg. As a adult that doesn't like veg herslf this has lots of great recipes that make veg more appealing. Also great for providing decent vegitarian options at bbq's.
Must have book

5.0 out of 5 stars This is an extraordinary book!, 29 Jun 2012
This book is creative, interesting and adventurous. You won't find these recipes in an 'ordinary' cook book, because this is NOT an ordinary cook book. A refreshing change from having to make boring everyday meals out of the usual carrots and potatoes. Usually if we buy fresh beetroot, it stays there, unused at the bottom of the fridge. But, inspired by this book, we made 'Beetroot and Chocolate' cake. It was delicious. It's like having an inspirational friend living on your bookshelf. When stuck for ideas, I often reach for this book before starting to shop. Splendid!

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing book, 6 Jan 2012
I bought this book full of hope that it would get my daughter to at least try vegetables. I gave up after trying two of the recipes. It is more like a diary of how it worked for the author which made me even more frustrated. Not worth the price and a bit of a gimmick. I would only recommend you buy it if your child will at least try new things, certainly do not expect miracles.

The Great Big Veg Challenge: How to get your children eating vegetables happily