5.0 out of 5 stars wow cant wait for the next installment!
Just finished reading 'The footballers wife' and i loved it.
Only took me a couple of days to read it. Took me a couple of chapters to get into it and remember the characters from the previous book.
Published on 31 Aug 2008 by L. Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to . Get into.
I found this difficult to get into. Half way through became a good read, up until this point it seemed to jump from character to character, too much and was quiet muddled.
Published 10 months ago by nikki monk

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars wow cant wait for the next installment!, 31 Aug 2008
L. Thomas "laurie" (Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Footballer's Wife (Paperback)
Just finished reading 'The footballers wife' and i loved it.
Cant believe someone's only given it 1/5 saying its same as the 1st book! Its completely different the focus is on another character that we only slightly touched on last time. The storyline revolves around a footballer and his wife! I enjoy books that follow on from one another it's great reading how the characters have moved on.
I cant wait for the next book 'Glamour Model' to come out in October i'll be 1st in the queue!

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly good!!, 17 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Footballer's Wife (Paperback)
I am not a particular fan of Kerry Katona or Katie Price as media personalities, but I am aware that their books are ghost-written and I ordered "The Footballer's Wife" with an open mind; having enjoyed all Katie Price's ghost-written novels I decided to give this a go! I am not bothered about what people may think if they see me reading a Kerry Katona novel - my boyfriend taunted me for 5 minutes but I do have an A-level in English Literature and I was not expecting Shakespeare, I just wanted something trashy to read on the beach!

This novel is surprisingly good! I can see where Katona will have provided input to her ghost-writer, as there is a lot of Northern humour (I am a Northern lass myself, although now living in London) and plenty of insight into what life is like on an impoverished sink-estate with all the attendant criminality and dysfunctionality.

The style of writing is what I would describe as "chatty" (as if a friend is gossiping to you about what others are up to) there is not a lot of depth to the actual narrative, but I think this is fine as the book is probably marketed as a frothy beach read for young women, albeit with some serious undertones - it is a story about an impressionable ex-glamour model who has left her dependable but less ambitious boyfriend and shacked up with a Premiership football star, whose private persona is a lot more sinister than his image on the pitch. When I write reviews I am always careful not to ruin the plot for others who are thinking of trying out the book, but this novel turns out to be a bit of a detective story, which I did not realise from reading the blurb, but was not an unpleasant surprise. It works and I enjoyed it.

I do not know how much Katona may have drawn on personal experience when creating a novel with domestic violence central to the storyline (ie whether she herself was a victim, or perhaps someone she knows) and thankfully the scenes were not too graphic to make it harrowing BUT, I hope it goes far enough that any reader who is suffering in silence and identifies themselves will think twice about what they put up with or justify - even though this is a work of fiction it is nevertheless saddening to read the thoughts of the main character when she tells herself it is her own fault her husband is behaving so despicably, using her as a punch bag, and deluding herself that it will go back to being a fairytale romance if she only behaves better... That bit is not fiction, that is what every woman who endures physical or emotional abuse will tell herself.

What I did not realise when I picked up this title, is that it is the second in a trilogy. But it did not matter - it is fine to read The Footballer's Wife as an individual entity, but I will definitely order a copy of "Tough Love" because any hints to what happened in the past should not have ruined the previous book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another big hit!, 7 Sep 2008
This review is from: The Footballer's Wife (Paperback)
I was very impressed with this novel, it is a fantastic follow on to Tough Love, and I am eagerly awaiting the release of Glamour Girl which I have preordered.
This novel had me gripped from the the outset and was fast paced and action filled throughout.
So much so that I read it from cover to cover within 24 hours!
Yet again Kerry has delivered the goods on this one, I only hope the next is as good as the last two.

3.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to . Get into., 27 Jan 2014

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 20 Aug 2013
Mrs. A. Smith - See all my reviews
Was very disappointed kept hoping it would get better but no such luck. Wouldn't recommend it. Only read it coz I had paid for it on kimdle

5.0 out of 5 stars As I expected, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Footballer's Wife (Paperback)
A second hand book in really good condition. A good cheap way of buying books. I will do this again.

3.0 out of 5 stars an ok read., 11 Aug 2013
Didnt like how kept flipping from one person to another found very confusing at the beginning. Was an ok read for a holiday book !!

4.0 out of 5 stars like, 25 April 2013
i enjoyed this book and would bye the next one to see what happens good story line to keep you going

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 14 Mar 2013
This book was very addictive loved all of it made me cry in parts.
Wasnt sure at first but then couldnt put it down.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like Katie price books you will love this, 19 Jan 2013
Another good read from Kerry. A few characters from Kerrys other novel tough love feature in this just wish she had of done a few more. maybe she has and I cant seem to find them lol

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Footballer's Wife
The Footballer's Wife by Kerry Katona (Paperback - 3 April 2008)