Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 September 2007
Basically I am really disappointed. No fish pie, no treacle tart, no shepherds pie. Oh but there is the usual stuff like suckling pig and pigs head. Not that I don't know how to cook them already but I want to make them with the MPW twist.
The very least I would have expected is that the dishes they cooked on the programme would ALL be in the book....no so. They are not there and there are a lot that were never even mentioned on the programme. Why call a book Hell's Kitchen if the recipes bare little resemblence to the programme? Think I'll pass this one on.
on 21 September 2007
Thanks god that i didnt buy this book...Basically it is collection of recipies from his old books...and i have them all Even the photographs are old! Yes, the dishes that were featured in programme itself is not in this book! Why? I believe they brought the book out before the programme! But none the less, its good introductory book for MPW beginners!

Unoriginal book from a master chef! what a shame!
on 19 September 2007
I purchased this book to get the recipe's from the programme, especially The Fish Pie and Shepherds Pie. Yes, we all know how to make a fish pie and a shepherds pie, but the guests in Hell's Kitchen said they were so delicious that I wanted to know exactly how it was done. Why are they not in the book?
on 18 September 2007
Very disappointed, no recpies for Fish Pie, Shepards Pie etc... I only bought the book for those recpies, what a con, i dont want to know how to cook a pigs head, just what the cooked on the show.
If you want the book for the recpies on the show, dont buy this book....
on 21 September 2007
What a disappontment, I also expected to see the receipes from the programme in the book. They are not. Why? where are they? Are they a closely guarded secret? You should stipulate to customers they are are not in the book, before they purchase.
on 20 September 2007
Like everyone else I thought the popular fish dish and shepherds pie dish would have been featured in the book,everyone seemed to rave over them. Being a beginner in the kitchen I thought I'd give them a try. I was dissapointed with most of the other recipes that were in the book.
on 19 September 2007
I loved the show and have since purchased the book,
I am a bit disappointed not all of the recipes are in it however the diverse range of Marco's collection has definately inspired me to have a go...
on 21 May 2010
This book is OK. Not his best, but OK. And the groaners and moaners who in other reviews lament the absence of the fish, cottage and shepherds' pies recipes will find them all in "Marco Pierre White's Great British Feast".
on 3 February 2008
A big disappointment. I loved Hells Kitchen, the TV show and bought the book, but I don't remember the recipes being as pretentious as this.

Let's face it, how many of us are going to serve up a pigs head for lunch - my lot would have a fit!

There wasn't a single recipe in this book I wanted to try - sorry.
on 13 June 2013
grate recipes good pictures clear and concise, i would recommend this to anyone who wanted to be a bit more adventurous in the kitchen