5.0 out of 5 stars lighter, fresher, vibrant Indian cooking
I agree with the previous reviewer. This is not a re-working of Indian recipes, either of Madhur Jafrey's previous books or of the well-known hackneyed staples of restaurants or other Indian cookbooks.

Everything is ligher, fresher and if these words can be applied to food then the book exudes a joy and a vibrancy which is apparent as soon as one turns over the...
Published on 8 Oct 2010 by isabel in the kitchen

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Moderate.
Published 17 days ago by MICHAEL LOWSLEY-WILLIAMS

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Curry Easy, 4 Nov 2010
Mr. M. D. Brocket (Sheffield,England.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Curry Easy (Hardcover)
I have quite a collection of cook books and several by Madhur Jaffrey. I found this another excellent book with lots of inspirational recipes in it. Some old favorites with a different slant on them and a lot of new ones.

4.0 out of 5 stars curry in a hurry, 24 Oct 2010
This review is from: Curry Easy (Hardcover)
I have most of her books, and I really like this book, full of recipies that are easy to do and prepare in advance, also some unusual snacks etc...its more about indian flavours for a modern life style than "authentic" Indian meals..I have tried a few of the recipies and have been pleased with all of them and look forward to trying more...
only downside is that its not always clear, when using chicken, if its off the bone and skinned..she says that it depends on the recipie,but would be nice to know... think it will become one of my favourites.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simplified curry making, but I prefer her "Indian Cookery" book, 19 Sep 2011
This review is from: Curry Easy (Hardcover)
I bought this book recently because the reviews were so good. I already own "Indian Cookery" by Madhur Jaffrey and it is my most used cookbook. Unfortunately I love that book so much that I was a bit disappointed with this one!

I am used to making Madhur's more intricate curry recipes and have learnt how to make up my own recipes.

I'm sure that this book is fantastic for those new to curry-making but it didn't excite me as much as I'd hoped. However, I have made the "Southern Indian Potato Curry" and it was a nice change in style.

There is a huge difference in the complexity of the recipes in the two books. The recipes in "Indian Cookery" can be a bit long winded sometimes and I simplify them where I think it makes little difference (e.g. squeezing water out of frozen spinach and then adding water later!). "Curry Easy" has pared recipes down.

Perhaps I just need to persist with "Curry Easy"!

5.0 out of 5 stars Totally superb book for curries! You don't need to buy another curry cookbook, 11 May 2011
Mr. Graham Cummings (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Curry Easy (Hardcover)
I absolutely love this recipe book. I've made a number of the meals in this book including the Kerala-Style Chicken, Bangladeshi White Chicken Korma, South Indian Potato curry, Gujarati Tomato Sweet and Sour curry to name a few. It's the cookbook I use the most in my kitchen (Bill Grainger's Bill's Basics is the second), and if you are intimidated by the idea of making a curry, don't be, it doesn't get any easier than this to make an authentic and healthy curry. The recipes are really easy to follow, but they can go wrong if you don't do enough preparation, as some of the recipes have lots of ingredients. I tend to make enough for four people (as most of the recipes are for this amount of people) then freeze three portions and eat one straight away.

There's some top-notch advice too, on simple things like preparing and cooking rice. I follow Madhur's advice on preparing Basmati rice, and it comes out beautifully every time. The rice just crumbles in your mouth.

What I love so much about this book is that you can make genuinely authentic food, and you feel like a cooking genius when it all goes right and you have an awesome curry to reward your effort. My cupboards are absolutely chock full of spices now due to this book, and it's really fired my enthusiasm for cooking.

Don't bother buying any other curry cookbook, you only need this one. Go on, you won't regret it! Highly, highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious and healthy, 18 Dec 2010
D. Downie (Brisbane, Qld Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Curry Easy (Hardcover)
I'm reviewing this book off the back of one meal. I cooked the green lamb curry with the mushroom and pea curry and the Saalad. It was delicious. The lamb green curry was surely the best curry I have ever had. It was amazing and made me look like a curry genius. The mushroom and pea curry was unlike any curry I have ever eaten and would have been the star but for the lamb. Talk about a delicious way to eat your veges. The salad went beautifully. Thanks Madhur, for dinner.

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 9 July 2014
Moderate.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: Curry Easy (Kindle Edition)
This is a cracking cook book. The recipes are so easy and clearly written. It is modern and fresh with lots of simple vegetable and salad suggestions too. Our favourite is the lamb mince and potato curry. Just yummy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 20 May 2014
This review is from: Curry Easy (Hardcover)
Excellent book with interesting but very easy to make recipes. Would recommend to anyone who likes curry. Has made us try different things.

5.0 out of 5 stars love this book, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Curry Easy (Hardcover)
i became hooked on curry making after finding this book. recipes really easy to follow, not loads of hard to find ingredients, yet great results every time and always something a little bit different.

4.0 out of 5 stars Now I can recreate some family favs, 3 Feb 2014
Gareth Wilson - Falcata Times Blog "Falcata T... - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Curry Easy (Kindle Edition)
Whilst a takeout on a Friday or Saturday night always feels like a great idea, the worrying thing for many people is the saturated fats and extra calories that whilst tasting nice, doesn’t do your waistline any favours. For many Brits, a Curry is the take away of choice and for me, I love the idea of being able to make my own knowing the exact quantities of the ingredients which when blended with quality key products create something that not only taste’s great but in some cases ready in minutes, hitting that spot quite easy.

Within this book by Madhur is a whole host of recipes for every taste and budget, easily explained, with wonderful step by step guide to creating your own Indian feast that can not only be created for a takeout style mean but also for something a little special for friends and family visiting. Add to this great colour photos that bring the recipes to life and all round my mouth was salivating at the combos.

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

Curry Easy
Curry Easy by Madhur Jaffrey (Hardcover - 16 Sep 2010)
13.60