5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just For Fussy Eaters!
Published on 6 Jun 2008 by Bookworm

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't help my fussy eater.
I bought this to try and help with my fussy eating 3 year old but sadly the 'secret' to most of the recipes is to disguise vegetables in sauces which doesn't help me with a child who eats vegetables and refuses all sauces.

Published 22 months ago by CaroleHeidi

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Not Just For Fussy Eaters!, 6 Jun 2008
Bookworm (North Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fussy Eaters' Recipe Book (Hardcover)
I am a huge Annabel Karmel fan and have been buying her books since the birth of my first child over 10 years ago. Each of her new books gives me inspiration in the kitchen and confidence to try new things with my two children. This book has been used extensively since I bought it last September. I also use it for the cookery club I run at the primary school where I am a teaching assistant. We particularly love the chewy trail mix bars. I know some people laugh at Annabel Karmel and the way she makes teddy bear shaped sandwiches, for example, but I think she has created some fantastic recipes to tempt not just children but adults too!

5.0 out of 5 stars The fussy eaters book, excellent, worth having!, 13 Sep 2007
C. Price (north wales, united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fussy Eaters' Recipe Book (Hardcover)
The book starts with tips for fussy eaters, this section includes a great range of helpful guidance on how to go about making food fun, healthy, and as a family experience, and also the main point that came across is getting the children involved in every aspect, very helpful information to make meal times less stressful than it needs to be. I have a two year old, and i have tried a handul of recipes from a few of the sections in this book and everyone i have tried with my daughter has been a success, the recipes are extremely easy to follow all ingredients listed are set out in order of use during cooking. I have noticed annabel gives advice on where you can buy the ingredients, where we you may find an ingredient in the supermarket, she offers alternatives to ingredients if you carnt get hold of one, this advise i have found extremely helpful making it easier to shop around. Annabel also has preparation times, cooking time, portion amounts, and whether it is suitable for freezing above every recipe.

I have yet to try the breakfast section, there is a great page on quick breakfast options/breakfast on the go, the raisin bran breakfast muffins look very yummy as one option. There is also a cookies and cakes section, and fruity finishes for those in need of ideas to encourage your child to eat fruit. I havent had the book long but have been very impressed by what i have cooked for my daughter so far, well done annabel!

4.0 out of 5 stars Another great Annabel Karmel book, 25 May 2009
Kerry Gilbert (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fussy Eaters' Recipe Book (Hardcover)
Got this to add to my Annabel Karmel superfoods book, it's great, most recipes are quick and easy for working mums and the whole family loves the recipes!

5.0 out of 5 stars My Bible, 17 Jun 2011
This review is from: Fussy Eaters' Recipe Book (Hardcover)
Excellent. My saving Grace. No more fussy eaters in our house. Recipes are simple, delicious and for all the family. Thank you

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't help my fussy eater., 16 Feb 2013
This review is from: Fussy Eaters' Recipe Book (Hardcover)

There wasn't really anything revolutionary about it and I'm a bit disappointed after all the rave reviews - half of the recipes are identical to ones in normal cook books and my daughter still won't eat them.

5.0 out of 5 stars new flavours for your child, 20 Oct 2009
kathie (West Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fussy Eaters' Recipe Book (Hardcover)
excelent on introducing your child to new flavours and making your own staple foods such as cakes and biscuits without the presevatives!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Cookbook, 1 Jun 2009
S. Sutherland (Aberdeen, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fussy Eaters' Recipe Book (Hardcover)
This book is well worth the buy - my son now adores homemade lasagne ! The book is varied from quick snacks, main meals and puddings. Would recommend it - just make sure you read how long each recipe takes !!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for the truly fussy, 2 April 2011
This review is from: Fussy Eaters' Recipe Book (Hardcover)
If your little one won't eat sauce with pasta, hates any rice, potato, vegetable, can detect a whiff of onion at 20 paces etc - this wont help you much. The recipes are nice but we were hoping for miracles (how to make tuna taste like custard for example). A lot of them are things most mums try anyway.

3.0 out of 5 stars Won't make your fussy eater start eating, but yummy recipes for you!, 19 Mar 2012
This review is from: Fussy Eaters' Recipe Book (Hardcover)
This book isn't the magic solution to getting your toddler to eat. If you just treat it as a recipe book of yummy things for yourself, then you won't get disheartened when your child refuses to appreciate your hours of cooking effort, and if your child happens to eat something from it, then all the better!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Annabel as always!!, 21 May 2009
Zoe Sheridan (Barnsley, South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fussy Eaters' Recipe Book (Hardcover)
I think this may be the book to help my daughter bypass some of her fussiness with food.
She is still very unsure about some meats but I have managed to get chicken down her in different forms and I have also converted her to fish as she enjoyed coating fish in cornflakes and thought it was really yummy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Fussy Eaters' Recipe Book
Fussy Eaters' Recipe Book by Annabel Karmel (Hardcover - 23 Aug 2007)