5.0 out of 5 stars Feeding Your Skin
Carla Oates is an inspiration, I picked up this book with no experience of handmaking natural skincare and its delighted me, within weeks i'd found a Neals Yard Remedies store near me (in Leamington Spa) and ordered a few inexpensive basics froman internet site (that she recommends in her book) to begin my new hobby.
I have taken this hobby now to Duke of Edinburgh...
Published on 8 Sep 2009 by N. Brant

3.0 out of 5 stars Little more than a recipe book
Published on 18 May 2012 by TheShopaholic

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Feeding Your Skin, 8 Sep 2009
N. Brant (Warwickshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feeding Your Skin (Paperback)
I have taken this hobby now to Duke of Edinburgh level, passing off Carla Oates as my "Tutor".
It is easy to follow and understand even to real beginners as i say.
Ive had it for a good year now and still find it no trouble atall whipping up a bayleaf toner for the next 2 weeks. I'm making emulsion moisturizers for all my friends and shes truely got me believing that the commercial world of chemicals is evil.
If this review does not inspire you to get the book, then the youthful cover and cute size will and you'll be making natural products in no time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book for creating your own skin care, 28 Feb 2010
This review is from: Feeding Your Skin (Paperback)
I've had this book for a couple of years now and cannot praise it highly enough. Because of the array of recipes in here, I no longer buy nappy balms, shaving lotion for my husband, cleansers or hair masks - I make them myself! I haven't yet tried making the facial moisturisers but that is next on my list. So far I have made;

Cleansing balm
Cleansing milk
Hair mask
Balm (nappy balm)
Bath oil (infused with vanilla & cinnamon)
Body cream
Shaving lotion

It is incredibly therapeutic making your own skin care, knowing exactly what's gone into in and seeing the finished product. This has also been a valuable resource in making products to give as gifts. This book has paid for itself several times over, I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally a book that has it all!, 30 Jan 2008
Nicola Higgins (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feeding Your Skin (Paperback)
I purchased this book only a week ago and already I have made some lip balms and shaving oil (for my husband). Its a fantastic book, extremely easy to follow. The items you need to purchase for most of the recipes may appear expensive initially but because you are only using small quantities at a time still make it cost effective. Highly recommended, I love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book in its category by far, 26 Sep 2010
This review is from: Feeding Your Skin (Paperback)
Have been reading a few book in this category (DIY Beauty recipes) and have to say this is by far the best. Also the ingredients are easily accessible. If you are a DIY beauty novice then you have to buy this book. You will not regret it. Just wish I found this book sooner!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this book !, 4 Feb 2012
This review is from: Feeding Your Skin (Paperback)
It's first book about aromatherapy and cosmetics making I've bought. I really like it because 1)instructions in this book are easy to follow, 2)author tells us which oils, herbs and products we should use in making cosmetics to suit our skin type, hair type, etc. 3)book is really pretty and made with quality paper. I think it is very, very nice. I didn't make any cosmetics yet, but it's only because I'm waiting for essential oils and other things to be delivered. I can't wait to try out some recipes. This book is informative, interesting, helpful, pretty and inexpensive! What more could you wish for?

4.0 out of 5 stars Quietly informative, 4 Nov 2011
This review is from: Feeding Your Skin (Paperback)
Book was easy to follow and informative. I liked it just wish it was a little juicier! :) Very girly with an appropriate title. Covers all skins type well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb recipes, 27 Nov 2010
This review is from: Feeding Your Skin (Paperback)
I've tried 4 of the recipes now and they have all worked well. Excellent book for anyone who'd like to make their own beauty products without all the nasty chemicals

3.0 out of 5 stars Little more than a recipe book, 18 May 2012
TheShopaholic (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Feeding Your Skin (Paperback)
As this was my first time into making my own skincare I would have liked a bit more about technique. This book provided some really nice recipes but if you don't have experience in this don't buy this book. It provided only a very basic introduction on methods of mixing etc and with no hints or tips on what to do when things appear to go wrong and how to recover your product without having to waste it and throw it away. A few pictures might have been nice.

It basically has short intros on ingredients and methods and 80% of the book is recipes only.

I would recommend Make Your Own Skin Care Products: How to Create a Range of Nourishing and Hydrating Skin Care Products as this has some great recipes, explains them better and touches upon what might go wrong and how to rescue it.

This book is useful only as a recipe book for products once you know what you are doing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Your friends will want to borrow this one!, 20 Dec 2011
This review is from: Feeding Your Skin (Paperback)
As I have a desire to use as many natural things as possible on my body, rather than products containing lots of chemicals, I bought this book to read. Already I am fascinated by the simple yet effective ideas and recipes inside. My friends all want to borrow it but I am encoraging them to buy their own as I haven't finished enjoying it myself yet! There is so much practical information given on what your skin needs and how to supply that in simple natural ways. The index of ailments at the end is a quick and useful way to look up specific treatments for a particular condition or problem. If you want to feed your skin in a natural way, buy this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars fees your skin.. fabulous, 3 May 2014
This review is from: Feeding Your Skin (Paperback)
Great book. Very good ways of making your own creams and masks... awesome and I learnt so much that I didn't know before

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Feeding Your Skin
Feeding Your Skin by Carla Oates (Paperback - 4 Oct 2007)