5.0 out of 5 stars Fishing might actually be fun...no, honest.
Published on 29 Jun 2007 by Tony

3.0 out of 5 stars Was bought for a present
This book was bought for a family member for a birthday present and they said its an alright book but starts of very patranising and simple but it gets better the more you read.
Published 16 months ago by Rory

5.0 out of 5 stars Fishing might actually be fun...no, honest., 29 Jun 2007
This review is from: 101 Golden Rules of Fishing: Rob Beattie (Hardcover)
I don't know the first thing about fishing and am really not that interested in it, but I bought this for my dad and thought I'd just skim a few pages before wrapping it. I ended up reading the whole thing. It's beautifully illustrated and really well written, making an otherwise dull pastime seem almost worth participating in. Actually I think I might go with my dad next time he goes fishing. It's not too technical but full of what I assume is good advice. And I really liked all the non-technical pages like 'Ghosts' which demonstrate the author's love for fishing and confirm it's really not about the number of fish you catch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dip in and Out as you please., 14 May 2009
Stewart M (Victoria, Australia) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 101 Golden Rules of Fishing: Rob Beattie (Hardcover)
I'm not sure this is a book that is intended to be read cover to cover in a straight forward fashion. While it does have a clear structure, beginning with fishing tackle and such like, it seems to work best for me as a book to bounce around in, reading a section here and a section there more or less as the fancy takes. In that sense it's a bit like fishing itself - I'll try here - not working - lets go elsewhere. I think that's the best way to fish and I think it' the best way to read this book.
The best sections are on why to fish rather than how to fish, fishing as an all encompassing event, not just a process that lead to the catching of fish.
There is enough information here to be valuable to existing fisher folk and more than enough entertainment for those who have yet to be hooked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fishing, 28 Oct 2010
Geraldine Hansome "ferret" (peacehaven) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 101 Golden Rules of Fishing: Rob Beattie (Hardcover)
A well received book with useful nostalgic information and tips. Subsequent copies bought for presents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 20 Jan 2013
Miss Jackie White (uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 101 Golden Rules of Fishing: Rob Beattie (Hardcover)
Bought this for my partner and he loved it. Would def recommend buying it for any fishing enthusiast. Great little read

5.0 out of 5 stars Fishing book., 27 Nov 2012
This review is from: 101 Golden Rules of Fishing: Rob Beattie (Hardcover)
Bought this for my dad and his words were that its an excellent book ,very well written as though you were sat there speaking to the writer and very well illustrated.

4.0 out of 5 stars 101 fishing rules, 18 July 2010
P. Gagg (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 101 Golden Rules of Fishing: Rob Beattie (Hardcover)
If you are an avid fisherman / woman then this book is well worth reading. Lots of common sense tips which you might not otherwise think of to help you to catch fish. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for anglers!, 12 May 2014
This review is from: 101 Golden Rules of Fishing: Rob Beattie (Hardcover)
Bought this for my dad for christmas, he couldn't put it down! as he is a very very keen fisherman he was well pleased! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy, 27 Nov 2013
This review is from: 101 Golden Rules of Fishing: Rob Beattie (Hardcover)
Good reading, simply understood, good for a budding angler,good reference book,will be in my book case for years to come,

5.0 out of 5 stars Fishing Mad Grandson, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: 101 Golden Rules of Fishing: Rob Beattie (Hardcover)
This book was purchased for my fishing mad Grandson who has loved it a a point of reference for his expeditions to the water.

3.0 out of 5 stars Was bought for a present, 5 Aug 2013

101 Golden Rules of Fishing: Rob Beattie
101 Golden Rules of Fishing: Rob Beattie by Rob Beattie (Hardcover - 24 May 2007)