4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining stuff
Piers Morgan, ex tabloid editor has re-invented himself as a talent show judge, celebrity and interviewer. This book publishes his diaries from 2006-2008, and much of the content has already been published in the UK's Mail on Sunday.
Morgan is a guy that people love to hate, this originated from his aggressive style as editor of The Mirror, but he now plays on that...
Published on 16 July 2010 by Nick Brett

1.0 out of 5 stars A rip-off, re-release
I ordered this book as a present for my husband as he loves Piers Morgan and is an avid follower of his Mail on Sunday column, he has also read all his previous books.

When I saw Piers had a 'new book' released, I thought great, perfect as a present and promptly ordered it, only to discover when it arrived that it wasn't a new book at all but a re-release of a...
Published on 16 May 2010 by L. Boyd

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the others, 13 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Misadventures of a Big Mouth Brit (Paperback)
I loved the previous two books by Piers Morgan but have to say I am a little disappointed with this one in comparison. Although it is good I feel there is too much emphasis on the Barack Obama campaign. I felt that he seemed to be sucking up to his newer American readers than his loyal British readers throughout. I felt a lot of the book was more about the life of Barack (particularly the last third) rather than his own life. Still worth a read though as there are still a few gems in there. Just felt that Piers was trying to make an impression on the Americans throughout this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars funny and an easy read, 7 April 2010
Carrie (manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Misadventures of a Big Mouth Brit (Paperback)
I have loads of books to read but when this one arrived I started reading it straight away - like the other two books it is a really easy read - perfect holiday book. I am not sure why but famous people seem to want to tell Piers their most private details when he interviews them - perhaps he hypnotises them or something. I am also not sure why these revelations are so interesting but they are! Some bits made me laugh out loud. Piers definately knows he is living the dream and makes the most of it! The quotes from his children are funny - they keep is feet on the ground.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly very good, 25 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Misadventures of a Big Mouth Brit (Paperback)
I got this as a wildcard, and I found it surprisingly good.

I started off, probably like a lot of the population, with a prejudiced negative view of Morgan. But actually you soon realise he says it as he sees it, is honest, and has led a very interesting life. Nearly every day he is being invited to an A* party or being invited to see the Prime Minister.

It's a good read, and is an insight into a completely different world of the well-connected. Definitely worth a read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 28 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Misadventures of a Big Mouth Brit (Paperback)
This book is a brilliant read, very entertaining. Considering Morgan is an ex-newspaper editor his views are honest and well balanced, he doesn't appear to have put much spin on the events in this book, which makes the book an even more delightful read. I read this book while visiting America for the first time, and during my time of reading the book i learnt a lot about the American way of life and also how Morgan has carefully created a successful career for himself in the US.

4.0 out of 5 stars piers pulls it off again, 10 May 2009
A. Mclean "Angie" (Spain) - See all my reviews
Yet again a great read from Mr Morgan.
Enjoyed this book "almost" as much as the last two.
Very good read but felt that there was too much focus on the Barack Obama campaign. I tended to skip over these chapters towards the end.
Having said that, It is all about his experiences of America so I suppose it had to be covered.
This book made me laugh out loud many times and I eagerly await the next one.
Well done Piers!

1.0 out of 5 stars Interminable twaddle, 6 Dec. 2014
Mr. S. Millatt "smillatt" (Port Stanley, Falkland Islands) - See all my reviews
Two words - absolute drivel. Like all his products on here, the ratings are artificially boosted by his agent or PR agency.

This is a constant diatribe of name-dropping nonsense, and must be avoided at all costs. Like the man himself, it's predictable, boring and repetitive.

Clarkson should have hit him harder.

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit unsatisfying towards the end of the book, 10 April 2009
Having read and enjoyed both The Insider and Don't You Know Who I am? I looked forward to reading his latest diaries. He carries on in the same vein as the first two, with an account of his experiences in the USA telling the reader about times that he shone at whatver project he was taking part in and the times when he made a complete plonker of himself. This is what I find very refreshing about Piers Morgan, he does not try to hide his mistakes from us, but puts it all in letting us enjoy his misadventures.
The majority of the book, I found very enjoyable, particularly his tales of his experience in the USA Celebrity Apprentice. However towards the end, Piers seemed to hark on more and more about the American mentality and the forth coming presidential election, rather than stick to the celebrity tales which he writes about very well. Obviously Piers has enjoyed a good deal of success in the states and benefits from all the trappings that it brings, but he will not endear himself to his british fans when he keeps comparing the UK unfavourably to the USA when it comes to the treatment dished out to those who have been successful. He states that that the USA admires successful people, where in the UK we are just bitter and resentful. I agree with some of his comments, but I wonder if he would have had quite the same opinion if he had not done so well and had not had such good treatment over there?
I definately would reccomend this book as a good read, but I thought that it went off the boil a bit towards the end. I hope his next one (as I am sure he will be writing one) will be back up to his usual high standard!

4.0 out of 5 stars Fun, engaging, 27 Mar. 2014
He writes really well and throws out plenty of easy-to-swallow anecdotes to make a really interesting and fun read. Well worth reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars If you like Piers on TV......., 9 Nov. 2012
If you like him on TV, then you will like this book. This book contains amusing and witty accounts and stories of the various encounters he has experienced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, 16 April 2009
Basically, if you liked his previous diaries, you'll probably like this one too. It's not a serious political or historical book, but then of course it's not meant to be. Taken for what it is, i.e. a light-hearted witty gossipy look at modern "celebrity", it's a very entertaining read.

Misadventures of a Big Mouth Brit
Misadventures of a Big Mouth Brit by Piers Morgan (Paperback - 1 April 2010)