4.0 out of 5 stars Fame ....I,m going to live forever
I rather like Piers Morgan .Sure he is a vain , egocentric ,occasionally pompous, often wincingly smug human being but he is also reasonably witty , balanced and truly capable of laughing at him self. He also writes very entertaining books. "The Insider" was as addictive as something very addictive indeed and the follow up -which takes in his career post the...
Published on 27 Oct 2007 by russell clarke

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining, but too much about Piers
This book was a lighthearted read, but it becomes so apparent that Morgan truly does think of himself as a big-time celebrity long before he made it big on America's Got Talent. I would imagine that most people bought this book to read about gossip about various celebrities, and - like me - really aren't interested in Morgan's conversations with his children or...
Published on 6 May 2008 by Mrs. J. A. Collins

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars astounding, 29 April 2009
This review is from: Don't You Know Who I Am?: Insider Diaries of Fame, Power and Naked Ambition (Paperback)
Let me first say that I'm so glad that someone as well known and well off as Piers has been given a lucrative book deal - it's about time that yet another good thing should fall into his lap. He is a bit of a shrinking violet so this oxygen of publicity will, I'm sure, be most welcome. Some would say that Piers is one of those who are famous for being famous. This is manifestly untrue - in fact he lives on the edge of this group of people, and makes his living from them, like a parasite, but in a good way. I bought this book because I was fascinated to hear the deep thoughts of an ex-tabloid editor who helped spearhead the new, bracing intrusiveness of the printed press. His honesty (which some dunderheads would term 'ignorant rudeness') is also refreshing, in much the same way that a water cannon is. I imagine.

2.0 out of 5 stars The Outsider, 31 Mar 2009
Not as good as his previous book The Insider: The Private Diaries of a Scandalous Decade.

Piers Morgan "Television Personality" is nowhere near as interesting as Piers Morgan "Editor of The Mirror".

It also littered with quotes from his young kids which will just annoy the heck out of you. I don't care what your toff public school kids think.

Unlike 'The Insider', this was instantly forgettable after reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insider scoops, 23 April 2009
After reading some of this in the daily mail serialisation I thought it might be worth a read and it didnt disappoint. Granted it's in the heat/hello magazine realm of gossip, but some nice human observations there as well, as well as an insight into Piers Morgan. Having vaguely noticed when he was a newspaper editor, I think his transition to 'celeb' looks rather amusing and I'm sure he's well deserving of the rewards of milking it too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting Man, Piers!, 2 April 2009
Susan Mccoy "Susan M." (Lincoln, NE) - See all my reviews
I am intrigued by Piers Morgan and that's why I bought his book. I am an American but I made sure I bought the book from the British Amazon site becuase I wanted to read it as it was written, not "Americanized". I haven't read it all yet, but so far I am impressed. Whether you like Piers or not, his books are fascinating reads! Thank you.

1.0 out of 5 stars Extremely small talk of an overgrown schoolboy, 19 Mar 2009
Just in case you didn't know, along with an assortment of talentless, self obsessed, so-called celebrities, journalists, professional socialites, politicians and their hangers - on and other assorted media freaks, Piers Morgan is one of the legion of ridiculous little parasites making a living feeding off and being nourished by the whole foolish media world. Sitting in and adding to the sewer of American style trash, this is his diary.

I started off not knowing anything about the guy, I shared his views on Kate Moss certainly, but it doesn't take long to understand that there is no apparent depth or seriousness here, just a half baked ambition to jump on the gravy train of unimportant trivia and talentless egomania we have to put up with these days. It's such a shame and a waste of time.

I had started skip-reading this insubstantial little book by page 43, trying to put my finger on why it's so hopeless and thin. It's basically a list of people - I met this person, then I met that person, he said this, she said that etc. There is a complete absence of personality. The guy should try something real-go and work in the Orang Utang Sanctuary for a while, do some travelling, meet a few real people, become a proper human instead of this ridiculous, forgettable lightweight puff ball.

I don't want to waste any more time talking about this silly, superficial litle book, or having to think about these ridiculous people -life's too short.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't You Know Who I Am?, 29 April 2014
Yes, Piers, we do know who you are - the resulting answer is not polite enough to be published on this site though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it!, 31 July 2013
I have read other Piers Morgan books, just what I expected and loved it! Just checking the list to see if there are any others I have not read yet...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great book, 11 Mar 2013
I didn't realise how funny Piers Morgan is. Some may say he is smug but he has a charm about him that cannot be denied. It gives a great insight to the highs and lows of his life with some entertaining stories. Great buy :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars Love his books, 16 Dec 2012
have read all his books except this one, arrived on time, little bit tatty but as only for me to read doesnt matter

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic read, 25 Oct 2010
this book is a fantastic read, i didn't know much about piers other than seeing his TV shows on ITV and thinking I like his sense of humor, his book did not disappoint and was a really interesting and honest insight into how he became, I was laughing at so many times during this read it was brilliant, a must have!

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›