on 29 October 2013
Whenever people saw me reading this book there only comments were 'I don't like her' and 'she is so rough'!. Of course I argued my case with them and told them to read a few pages of this book as they would grow to love her like I did. Think she is amazing and that Bryan is an a**e (don't believe all you read in the papers). She is a strong willed woman who really did grow up too young. Can't wait to read her next book
on 26 November 2011
I was an Atomic Kitten fan and I am a massive Westlife fan, so with Kerry being married to Brian, I was intrigued to read her story. I honestly couldn't put it down and I read it over 2 days. After reading this book, I could appreciate the background that Kerry had and how it has formed the person she is today. If you like to follow celebrities and would like to know more about Kerry, I definitely recommend this book.
on 23 January 2013
Wanted this book for ages , and bought together with Kerry's latest book Still Standing , read this first and then straight on to her next one . Fantastic read , just makes you realise how life for Kerry has been , don't judge her until you have read this book .
on 26 September 2011
I couldn't put this book down. I knew some of what Kerry had been through but not all this, pushed from pillar to post, and not protected as she should have been by her mum (who also didn't have a great upbringing). No wonder she's had problems in the past, it's hardly surprising really. However, it has made her the person she is today, and she is a fighter with great spirit. The sad thing is the book ends on a happy note about her being with Mark and we all know what happened after that! Hopefully she will bring out another book covering the time since then, or has she? I don't think it was ghost-written, it doesn't say, but then does it ever say if it's ghost-written? It kept me turning the pages anyway.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 9 June 2007
Before I read this book, I admired Kerry and I wanted to know more about her - she'd experienced some crazy situations before she'd even hit her twenties, usually courtesy of her unstable mother. It was impossible not to find yourself cheering young Kerry on as she battled through desertion, the foster care system, her mother's fragile mental state, and as she finally hit the big time, it restored your faith in karma to know that she'd finally been given the means to reap some rewards from all the years when she had nothing.

I did feel that as soon as we reached the part of the book when Atomic Kitten hit the big time, Kerry had been given a word limit. Whole weeks and months were skipped, and we lurched from one page on "Wow, I'm in a top ten pop band" to the next where she suddenly announced "And then I'd had enough". All the detail disappeared from her story. The next part of the book flew by in a blur - the breakdown of her fairytale marriage, stints in rehab, the "I'm A Celebrity" jungle adventure and the story of her new husband shot by, when these are the things I most wanted to know about.

Kerry comes out of the story as someone who's been fighting for so long that she's in need of a well deserved sit down. She's been wronged by people who should have been there for her, savaged by the press, and still manages to come out with the happy-go-lucky attitude we know her for. The brief "And finally" at the end of the updated version is a bittersweet conclusion, so I'm hopeful that there's another, more detailed book in the pipeline to fill in the gaps on the transition from pop star to Mum Of The Year in the same detail that she gave to her early life.
on 26 November 2012
For those who don't read much this book is very good, keeps your attention and its amazing what Kerry went through as a child, doesn't bare thinking about.
Having seen this book in various bestseller lists, I was keen to find out more. I must admit that before reading this tome, I don't really know much about Kerry's life, apart from the obvious - she was a founder member of Atomic Kitten and because of her difficult early life and subsequent marriage to Bryan McFadden, this made her an easy target for the media.

Some of the book is quite harrowing in places, especially the pages which describe Kerry's early life and her mother's various violent relationship. I particularly enjoyed Kerry's outgoing bubbly personality shining through the gloom and the paperback edition brings the reader up-to-date with the key events of early 2007 - i.e. her second marriage and the birth of her third daughter. The only thing which causes this book to lose a star is the somewhat sloppy writing style, but this doesn't detract on the whole.
on 2 September 2013
Arrived very quickly this was bought got my daughter who likes biographys she likes Kerry Latina so she enjoyed reading this book
on 3 April 2016
I brought this book along with a few others but never got to read them as I left them at my exs house! I know her life has had its ups and downs so I may buy it again if there's a bargain in the future.
on 19 November 2015
Brilliant book, very surprising to hear what she went through in her life. Have let many people read my copy and they all loved it