3.5 out of 5 stars1,245
Format: Paperback|Change

on 24 February 2010
Very helpful and informative and covers a whole range of issues. It is a little regimented but just follow the general ideas and you'll be fine
on 25 July 2007
This book is a good help for first time mothers. You do not have to stress yourself over the routine, try without being too hard. This book guides you, it has good pieces of advice. And it really works. My baby sleeps from 7pm til 8am at 8 months, she's a very happy baby because she feels secure in her routine and I am confident in what I'm doing with her and she knows that. So take this book and give it a try.
on 29 September 2013
Looking forward to getting into this book a little more as not had the time to read yet. Was recommended this book by a fellow mother
on 10 April 2004
On the cover of this book it says this book could be your salvation ...well it really was mine!!After 2 weeks of screaming at nightimes and sleeping in the day I'd had enough ..and that was just me!!!!!!!! I followed this book to the letter and from 7 weeks my baby slept through the night...I had no idea this was even possible after hearing so many horror stories from my so called friends. Now at 5 months she is a Gina Ford contented baby and most of the time a pleasure to have.You have to be dedicated though and I have spent most of my 6 months maternity leave following the routine and not gallavanting like most people but with a husband with a very stressful job I felt it was a neccesary sacrifice. The only downside we have found is that when my baby is taken out of her routine she finds it hard to cope and is not keen on long periods in her pushchair..but that could well be the case anyway.Unfortunately I will never know either way.Overall this is rather a lifestyle than just a book and I would and do recommend it to anyone.
on 30 January 2002
This book totally saved me during those first few weeks after my son was born. The ultimate goal being to have him sleep straight through from 7pm to 7am, which he did aged 11 weeks.
Each page has been thumbed a thousand times, I think I could recite the routine even now! Gina talks sense!
Would highly recommend this book to any new mother (and father!)
on 8 October 2007
If there ever was a manual for a baby, then this is as close as it gets!
on 12 July 2005
My first child was born in December 2004 and being a first time mum I didn't have a clue what I was in for !
This book was my 'god send', i didn't stick to it religiously but used it as an outline guide to help me get into a routine.
It really worked for me. My daughter was content & happy which took a lot of stress & worry off of us so we could enjoy every moment with her. I find myself refering to the book once every couple of weeks for a few tips and help me with her next stages.
We now also use Gina Ford's The contected book of weaning.
Another good purchase !
on 6 August 2005
although a little confusing at first, i persevered and followed this book and it works. my son naturally seems to follow the routine and it makes my life so much easier.he is a very content baby. this book is a real help if you are a new mum and are finding it difficult to establish a routine. having a good routine has made me a confident mum
on 15 April 2015
Only a few chapters through but already a fab little book and one that will no doubt be referred to on a number of occasions.
on 26 May 2014
Im still reading this book but I find it very helpful. Very easy to read and follow. A must for any expectant dad or mom.