5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy, honest and funny...
What a pleasant suprise, OK (and yes I am man), I don't normally read what I would consider a traditional 'chick' book but this one came highly recommended from one of my best friends.

Abby is set to transfer her fame from the Internet (where the content of this book was first published) to the written word. She is funny, open and honest about her life as a...
Published on 3 Aug. 2006 by Colin in Berkshire

3.0 out of 5 stars An Eye Opener! (How does she ever get any work done?)
This is a year in the life of self confessed sex fiend Abby Lee. Although non fiction, I agree with the previous reviewer; I don't believe it wasn't embellished along the way. If her sex life is really that busy, I don't know how she had the time to work/write her diary/eat etc. However if she has made some of it up, her imagination is impressive.

Having said...
Published on 19 Aug. 2006 by vivsy

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Girl with a One-Track Mind: Confessions of the Seductress Next Door (Paperback)
Love this book....so much so, I'm going to read it again

3.0 out of 5 stars Bridget Jones meets Sex and the City's Samantha, 8 July 2007
The book seems to be based on the 'real life blog' of 'Abby Lee', a smart, articulate woman in her 30's. She speaks very openly (sometimes too openly) about her sex life and sexual adventures. There is a lot of Bridget Jones in the main character. Despite everything she is very likeable and on one or another level most professional London woman can probably relate to her. Then there are parts of her personability that are more like Samantha from Sex and the City - very outragiously sexual and it's quite shocking.

I liked the fact that she showed that intelligent woman can have a sex drive. I also though she was incredibly brave to write this book and be bold enough to put all her thoughts out there for everyone to read (what must her parents think!). Yet on the other hand, some of her vocabulary is extremely crude and vulgar - you can have too much of a good thing. Two 'scenes' were so vile I couldn't actually bring myself to read them.
Apart from that the book has some very funny and clever bits. Not bad for a book of this genre and I understand why it's caused a bit of a hype. A great book to read with an all-girl book group. Definitely got us all talking!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 11 July 2007
I. powell "Icey" (England) - See all my reviews
I loved this book, the sexual scenes were detailed enough to hold interest and at no point did abby lee hold back on any information, I found that it was sexual without making you feel seedy or sleazey in anyway!

Those people that chose to dislike the book because of their opinion on this kind of person should have read the title before hand because I'm not quite sre what else you would expect from a memoir of a girl with a one track mind?

I loved the way it was written with no remorse, in a way that was relaxed as if speaking with a close friend and although most females wouldnt have experienced as many or as intense situations, theres bound to be some bits which an typical sexualli active woman could relate to in their own lives!

I would defo recommend xx

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible, 2 Mar. 2012
Rmgay - See all my reviews
Never have a read a more painful book. The author is totally self obsessed. How is she working. In one part she 'writes' to god and says ' I'm not on about tsunamis or aids. No this is a bigger issue. I'm a sex fiend' for heaven's sake. How self centred. I found it repetitive and boring. She assumes everyone wants to sleep with her .One guy asks how many people she's slept with, and I honestly couldn't see anything wrong in his response, nothing offensive. Yet she goes off on one about how men always judge e.c.t. I couldn't stand her. I thought it would be funny and interesting but she has no depth. I've read books like this and found them interesting but this. Regret buying it. Charity shop it goes

3.0 out of 5 stars Not What I Expected, 14 Aug. 2006
I could not wait to get this book. I have recently read books like Nancy Friday's "MY Secret Garden" and Nancy Madore's "Enchanted" and Charlotte Kasl's "Women, Sex and Addiction" all of which I truly enjoyed and learned so much from. Being I have the opposite problem and trying to get more into feeling like a sexual creature. Those books really have helped me do this, and I wanted to read more. So I thought this book would have the first hand experiences of a real woman. Having read it, I don't believe it. There is very little in here that seems real. This reads like a guys fantasy and maybe thats exactly what it is. I get the feeling that this woman is writing to sell books to men and not telling the whole truth. i could not relate to a single thing that she did, and I have actually become quite interested in women's fantasys. If you are a man you will probably find this book exciting and I'm sure it will make you happy to think that women really think like this. But if you are a woman, you might not relate to it quite so well. Try the books I mentioned above instead if you havent' already. They contain loads of real women's fantasys and some truly insightful thoughts about being a woman and feeling sexual.

1.0 out of 5 stars dull dull dull, 23 Feb. 2007
A. Foot (london) - See all my reviews
i was an avid reader of abby's blog which lead me to buying this book... mistake. short articles are fine but the book draaaaaagged on. there was really no content and the writing isn't even that good. if you are after really good erotic creative writing, you should read chelsea girl's blog [...] ... abby, you should read it too. it's far more subtle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Sept. 2014
Excellent all round

1.0 out of 5 stars Fodder, 5 Dec. 2008
Poorly written, though this doesn't really matter as it is blindingly obvious that it is written for those trying to get their rocks off. It is obvious to me that it has been written for, as Abby would say `fodder' for men! I read the first half convinced it was written by a man. It's way off the mark. Why would a female write about how uncomfortable stilettos are? Stilettos are not supposed to be comfortable ALL women know that! It screams that it's all about titillation and never strikes me for one second that it is there to get a message across about the female sex drive. In fact I would say that it goes against what all those women with a high sex drive are craving...a man who knows what he is doing and takes the time to do so rather than Abby's fast fumblings which somehow have instantaneous results. If she could write about that she'd be on to a winner! Keep trying love.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 18 Mar. 2015
Enjoyed this read

1.0 out of 5 stars The words copy and paste spring to mind!, 14 Aug. 2007
Well after reading Abby's blog I thought yes ok lets buy the book as she is very adament that she hasn't just copied and pasted it lets just say that 99.99% of this book is copied and pasted with the slight grammatical change for better reading via a book rather than just a blog on the net.

If you want to read her book and aren't bother about missing 3 days of the story which doesn't really include that much,just read her blog.very unimpressed with her and her "book".

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 7 | Next ›