5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy, honest and funny...
What a pleasant suprise, OK (and yes I am man), I don't normally read what I would consider a traditional 'chick' book but this one came highly recommended from one of my best friends.

Abby is set to transfer her fame from the Internet (where the content of this book was first published) to the written word. She is funny, open and honest about her life as a...
Published on 3 Aug. 2006 by Colin in Berkshire

3.0 out of 5 stars An Eye Opener! (How does she ever get any work done?)
This is a year in the life of self confessed sex fiend Abby Lee. Although non fiction, I agree with the previous reviewer; I don't believe it wasn't embellished along the way. If her sex life is really that busy, I don't know how she had the time to work/write her diary/eat etc. However if she has made some of it up, her imagination is impressive.

Having said...
Published on 19 Aug. 2006 by vivsy

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful and damn sexy!, 13 Sept. 2006
Dave (Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girl with a One-Track Mind: Confessions of the Seductress Next Door (Paperback)
This is Brigitte Jones Diary how it should have been done! I found it both exciting and really sweet too, although I don't think for one minute that even a small minority of women actually get up to the kind of fun and games she has done. I also don't doubt that many more would love to if they had her guts!

I know a few women who have read it and enjoyed it, I just found myself intrigued and laughing a lot, sometimes a few tears too! Well worth a read and an eye opener for us men!

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring boring boring, 23 Nov. 2006
I was so excited about getting this book. I have read Abby's blog for ages and thought that a book form might be eye opening to say the least. The problem is that the blog, as it is read in small doses, is OK (coffee break passing the time type of thing). The book, however, is too much. The writing style is appalling, the subject matter repetitive, and in fact the main character comes across as a Psychiatrist's wet dream. And that is no compliment. I was so disappointed. I don't thinik a book has disappointed me more in the past couple of years.

3.0 out of 5 stars Funny, interesting and readable, 28 Feb. 2013
This was a quick, funny read. As you would expect there is a lot of description of and discussion of sex (the other aspects of Abby's life are barely touched on, which is fair enough as the novel is about sex). This book gave me an interesting insight into sexual politics from the female point of view.

This book was a quick, easy read and not overly thought provoking. It was pretty much exactly what I expected, yet it was the authors wit which kept the writing from becoming dull rather than me thinking it was really hot (although she does seem attractive). This GSOH lifts the novel into what you could call a "good read" and stops it being merely average.

3.0 out of 5 stars sex in london city, 3 Jan. 2012
this is great at first , funny and honest and I love that she is out there , doing what she wants to do . Then it all starts to become rather samey . She doesnt meet very interesting men , they are all rather young hip media types and by the end she seems to be pretending that she doesnt want a boy friend , when she does . Maybe abby has more of a narrow mind that she thinks that she does , i found her tastes rather conservative [ even though she is labour] and rather dull. These type of memoirs are always more damp than delightful , some thing to read but not to cherish or remember .

4.0 out of 5 stars One track mind? Definately..., 25 Oct. 2006
J. Elves "AofA" (West Midlands) - See all my reviews
It was the title that attracted me to pick this book up and peruse the back page... sounded interesting so I handed over my cash...

This book made me laugh, blush and give me some 'interesting' ideas to try with my other half (and I will be making him read it too). How refreshing to read that there are other women out there who like sex and are happy to talk about it - a very worthwhile read, but you might not want to pass it on to mum (unless she is very open minded of course)

I sincerely hope that 'Abby' finds that special someone soon. He'll be one lucky man!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Did I read a different book?, 17 Nov. 2006
Ruju (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book on the strength of the positive reviews and I have to say I find it hard to believe that it is the same book. I have been reading all my life (quite a long time!) and as far as I can remember this is only the second book I have been unable to finish. Perhaps it didn't help that I had just finished the brilliant "Taming the Beast" by Emily Maguire which was such a tough act to follow.

I approach every book with an open mind and my reasons for disliking it are certainly nothing to do with those in the poorly judged rant entitled "Are your lives so boring.........," submitted by another "reviewer".

Although the book sounds good in theory, I found that it became tedious very quickly. The main problem is that it soon becomes very repetitive. If the prospective reader wishes to read a book written in the style of a diary that labours the point about how desperate the author is for a shag, then this could be ideal. Yes, there is more to it that than that, but not much.

Whilst the use of such a limited selection of words may work fine for a diary or blog, a book demands more variety. The subject matter becomes irrelevant when the writing style is so lacklustre.

4.0 out of 5 stars Thrilling..., 25 Jun. 2007
This is a tightly written, sexy book and a fun read. I could tell it had come from a blog but I knew that when I bought the book and I read it with that in mind. It's a series of thrilling and funny adventures, well observed, and this woman can definitely write.

I find it slightly offensive that so many reviewers have chosen to label the writer a whore or slag. Hello? Get with the 21st century. It's really quite sad that these kinds of terms are still being used for highly sexual women. They are one step behind 'witch' in my opinion. And what does any of this personal slagging off have to do with the book?

If you are interested in reading some sexy tight prose and finding out a little more about the human condition, buy the book. If you want to run around pointing and shouting slag, then find yourself a handy school playground and don't bother reading anything.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book for those who enjoy the genre, 17 Aug. 2012
Girly book, if you like un-rated story-telling you'll like this. Written very well however the genre just wasn't my type. It was the first and only sex-addicted woman confessions type book but I won't be reading one again. However, if you enjoy this kind of literature then I recommend reading this one because it's well written, indulging and funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read, but some how you feel tierd after only a few pages., 1 May 2007
A. L. Hayes (UK, Devon) - See all my reviews
I really loved this book and everyone I've shown it to has too. If you just want to read the juicy bits, of which there are many, then you can read it by flicking through. But the book does also have a plot which will keep you hooked through out.

If you are the kind of person who likes to know what others are thinking about things you are too scared to ask through fear of what they might say, then read this book.

Beware, if you look anything like the girl on the front cover, I wouldn't recommend reading it on the train. You will get quite a few odd looks!

4.0 out of 5 stars Kindle edition, 11 May 2014
Funny and eye opening. If you expecting explicit scenes you will be disappointed. This is a diary format account of her adventures not a blow by blow account of her encounters. Get it and read it, I don't think you will feel let down, I didn't.

‹ Previous | 1 2 37 | Next ›