5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy, honest and funny...
What a pleasant suprise, OK (and yes I am man), I don't normally read what I would consider a traditional 'chick' book but this one came highly recommended from one of my best friends.

Published on 3 Aug 2006 by Colin in Berkshire

3.0 out of 5 stars An Eye Opener! (How does she ever get any work done?)
This is a year in the life of self confessed sex fiend Abby Lee. Although non fiction, I agree with the previous reviewer; I don't believe it wasn't embellished along the way. If her sex life is really that busy, I don't know how she had the time to work/write her diary/eat etc. However if she has made some of it up, her imagination is impressive.

Having said...
Published on 19 Aug 2006 by vivsy

3.0 out of 5 stars An Eye Opener! (How does she ever get any work done?), 19 Aug 2006
vivsy (rural hertfordshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Girl with a One-Track Mind: Confessions of the Seductress Next Door (Paperback)

Having said that, I found it an easy, captivating and entertaining read which made me laugh out loud in a few places, plus I learned quite a few things! I think men might find it a useful insight into the female psyche regarding sex as well as doubtless enjoying the descriptions of her antics.

The diary is interspersed with useful 'guide' sections for both men and women. These I thought were particularly funny, rather than instructive. Her philosophising, particularly regarding the differences between men and women, was perhaps the most enjoyable part of the book for me. Also, as a woman myself, I applaud her for being open about topics that other writers and womens' magazines shy away from. She is certainly a font of knowledge and opinion and I can see a career as a sex therapist beckoning.

I've only given it three stars because, as a book, I found I was getting tired of it towards the end. I think her writing style and subject matter is far better suited to the format of the blog, with its links and interactions, which I think is very good. I'd recommend reading some of that before buying this book.

2.0 out of 5 stars Girl with a limited vocabulary, 30 Aug 2008
Hmmm. I tried to like this book, I tried to like Abby, but doesn't read as a book it reads as the diary of a lonely teenaged girl with a vivid imagination and an idea that the word frig is scandalous. It's not, just frigging irritating when repeated too often.

I'm not a great blog fan but I can see how snippets of this 'world' would fill a coffee break or dull morning at the office beautifully it's just...not very real. Ultimately a real life confessional should feature a little glimpse of a real life. Abby didn't seem to have one. Or friends. It came across as a little sad and hollow. There's nothing titillating about loneliness.

3.0 out of 5 stars Annoying and inspiring at the same time, 5 July 2009
This was much better than Catherine M's book "The sexual life of Catherine M" which is a book in the same genre. What makes Abby Lee's book stand out is that she's not only honest in her account of events - she's also truthful about her thoughts and feelings. There's a real person behind this so-called sex addict.

The book both annoys me and inspires me at the same time. What annoys me is that she sometimes goes on and on about the same thing and writes pointless lists about her underwear and babbles on about different kinds of condoms. I also feel sorry for her; it must be horrible to think about sex every second and being so desperate that you have to relieve yourself in a changing room. What inspires me is her total hedonism and how she is equal with men in the way she acts upon her sexual fantasies. She also makes sure that nobody gets hurt and is not using anybody. Towards the end of the book a softer Abby emerges. A Abby that might want more than sex ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy, honest and funny..., 3 Aug 2006

Abby is set to transfer her fame from the Internet (where the content of this book was first published) to the written word. She is funny, open and honest about her life as a self proclaimed 'sex fiend'. This book started out life as a Web Log (blog) detailing Abby's life and the things she got up to.

I challenge anyone not find laugh out loud moments whilst reading this book as well as some very embaressing moments when you read them in the middle of a crowded commuter train (I have never tried so hard to cover up what I was reading as I did with this book).

Read this book as a man and you get a very graphic view of the modern female psyche (and to my next girlfriend, you have Abby to blame for the things I did last night !).

PS Also visit her on-line blog site and get a head start on volume 2 in the series - already I am hooked.......

4.0 out of 5 stars A guilty pleasure, 12 July 2010
I read this book in two sittings. Very girlie, but not to be read whilst in the company of family... may be difficult to explain your blushing! A guilty pleasure to be enjoyed on rainy afternoons. Naughty but very enjoyable! x

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read!, 4 Sep 2007
I found this book to be well written, entertaining, intelligent and honest.

If you have a high sex drive or just intrigued to get inside the mind of a girl who does - then read this. Personally I found it great to read that someone feels (and sometimes acts!) the same as I do - and I'm sure there are many, many women out there who agree.

I am saddened and shocked (hmmm, ok, saddened- not shocked) that there are people reading this and then labelling the author a 'slag' or 'whore'. I do not think there is enough space in this short review to adequately explain how much that infuriates me.

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED IT!, 14 Feb 2011
I loved this book & gobbled it up in a few days.

Very honest, intimate way of writing which immediately pulls you in and makes you intrigued to find out what will happen.

Then the storyline with blog boy pulls you along even more.

And the different incidents that happen to her are funny, intriguing, and -dare i say - rather voyeuristic.

It's also very sexy.

A nice change from the norm chick lit books, and refreshing to see that yes, women do love sex equally as much as men.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow, 14 Mar 2010
A. Gosman (u.k.) - See all my reviews
girl with a one track mind is the most honest, brave and amazing book i have read. i laughed, cried and identified with 'abby'. i was left feeling as if i knew her then realised it was actually me i knew. its weird reading a book and feeling at the end as if you have actually made a new friend. i went straight out and bought her 2nd book 'girl with a one track mind exposed'. thank you 'abby' for sharing your thoughts, feelings and experiences. this book is truly fabulous.

5.0 out of 5 stars It's not War & Peace, 13 April 2007
Jo-anna King "Jo-Anna" (Maidstone, Kent) - See all my reviews
I cannot believe that people are rating this book badly.... They're taking it all far too seriously! It's a great book, a real page turner, funny, naughty, makes your girly bits tingle and well worth a read.

I'm sure when she wrote it, it wasn't intended to then receive peoples opinions as to whether she's a "slag" or not!! Grow up! We're not at school now!

An independent, strong minded woman that's probably scaring the pants of most men (those being the ones who've yet to discover the female orgasm!!).

I say, buy this book!!

It was recommended to me by a male friend, and we're still quoting pages to each other!

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring boring boring, 23 Nov 2006
I was so excited about getting this book. I have read Abby's blog for ages and thought that a book form might be eye opening to say the least. The problem is that the blog, as it is read in small doses, is OK (coffee break passing the time type of thing). The book, however, is too much. The writing style is appalling, the subject matter repetitive, and in fact the main character comes across as a Psychiatrist's wet dream. And that is no compliment. I was so disappointed. I don't thinik a book has disappointed me more in the past couple of years.

Girl with a One-Track Mind: Confessions of the Seductress Next Door