Format: Hardcover|Change

on 26 December 2009
An excellent little book, hard covers too. Well written, witty and informative. No trip around Scotland should be without a copy. The text is clearly and logically laid out, county by county in alphabetical order and the sketches are an added delight. I cannot recommend this book too highly.
on 12 January 2011
Bought it as a present for my grandad. ALl he ever reads is books on Scotland and local history, but there were lots of things in this book that he didn't know so he really enjoyed it. Would deffinately recommend it.
on 19 July 2009
Got this for my father's "Fathers Day" present. At 85yrs I thought he knew everything about his country. Although he is a very clever man and still very switched on, there are many bits of information about the entire country, which father was not aware (or had maybe just forgotten).

Anyway... a light read crammed full of interesting trivia and facts with places to seek out and see as a consequence.

A good read :)
on 29 November 2009
Excellent book, good for dipping in and out and at this time of year a great stocking filler.
on 29 April 2009
Even if you are a Scot there are things in this great little book that even you did not know.
on 26 August 2012
This book has proved to be the best gift to my Scottish friends. It is full of interesting facts, humour and details which one tends forget in the passage of time. For all those who are not fully aware of Scottish geography or history this book is a mustread.
on 17 October 2009
The connections of famous people to some of the more obscure parts of Scotland makes for fascinating reading. The ability to dip in and out at will made it a must for my bookshelf after initially getting it from my local library.
on 8 January 2013
Purchased as Christmas gift for a friend who is considered to know a great deal about Scotland. She has made a number of interesting discoveries from the book!
on 11 September 2012
Not having been born in Scotland and being rather a snooty English woman I enjoyed learning new things about Scotland although having lived in Edinburgh for 50 odd years I find by now I am losing the snooty-ish and becoming quite affectionate towards it! I am still a Londoner though.
I think the production of the book is of high quality and the illustrations charming, the type is so well chosen and the Index very useful. I also like the way the information was split up into short chapters which encouraged further reading. When I have saved up I intend to get I Never Knew That About England.
on 6 May 2013
A great little book with so much packed into it with some great facts and quirky comments which will entertain you constantly.