5.0 out of 5 stars I Never Knew That About Scotland
An excellent little book, hard covers too. Well written, witty and informative. No trip around Scotland should be without a copy. The text is clearly and logically laid out, county by county in alphabetical order and the sketches are an added delight. I cannot recommend this book too highly.
Published on 26 Dec 2009 by Sgitheanach

2.0 out of 5 stars Incorrect information
I've not bought this but I've been flicking through it on the "Look Inside" function on Amazon, and I've soon found glaring factual errors.

Published 7 months ago by Mr. S. J. Johnson

5.0 out of 5 stars I Never Knew That About Scotland, 26 Dec 2009

5.0 out of 5 stars Book Review, 12 Jan 2011
This review is from: I Never Knew That About Scotland (Hardcover)
Bought it as a present for my grandad. ALl he ever reads is books on Scotland and local history, but there were lots of things in this book that he didn't know so he really enjoyed it. Would deffinately recommend it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Incorrect information, 19 May 2014
Mr. S. J. Johnson (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Never Knew That About Scotland (Hardcover)

The book claims that Murrayfield "hosted the world's first international rugby match in 1925". Rugby had been played internationally for a number of decades before 1925, Murrayfield just hosted its first international in that year.

Under the title for the chapter "Nairnshire" there's the Gaelic name for place, only it's not! Uisage n Earn is incorrect Gaelic (the 's' should have an 'e' or an 'i' after it to make it a slender consonant). Apart from that, the Gaelic name for Nairn is actually Inbhir Narann.

These might be the only mistakes in the whole book, but now that I'm aware of them I'm suspicious of any claims made by this book and simply would not trust it. So despite initially putting this on my Wish List, it's now been deleted and I won't be buying it.

4.0 out of 5 stars I know nothing..., 19 July 2009
Ren (Kingdom of Fife, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Never Knew That About Scotland (Hardcover)
Got this for my father's "Fathers Day" present. At 85yrs I thought he knew everything about his country. Although he is a very clever man and still very switched on, there are many bits of information about the entire country, which father was not aware (or had maybe just forgotten).

Anyway... a light read crammed full of interesting trivia and facts with places to seek out and see as a consequence.

A good read :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 6 May 2013
Mr. David R. Lindsay (UK) - See all my reviews
A great little book with so much packed into it with some great facts and quirky comments which will entertain you constantly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Book, 10 Jan 2013
This review is from: I Never Knew That About Scotland (Hardcover)
Great book and was a great present from friends from America, and they were really interested in reading about Scotland.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scottish Information, 26 Aug 2012
This review is from: I Never Knew That About Scotland (Hardcover)
This book has proved to be the best gift to my Scottish friends. It is full of interesting facts, humour and details which one tends forget in the passage of time. For all those who are not fully aware of Scottish geography or history this book is a mustread.

5.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining little book, 29 Nov 2009
This review is from: I Never Knew That About Scotland (Hardcover)
Excellent book, good for dipping in and out and at this time of year a great stocking filler.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gift for friend, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: I Never Knew That About Scotland (Hardcover)
Purchased as Christmas gift for a friend who is considered to know a great deal about Scotland. She has made a number of interesting discoveries from the book!

4.0 out of 5 stars Things to find out about Scotland, 29 April 2009
M. A. Hale (Eastleigh, Hampshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: I Never Knew That About Scotland (Hardcover)
Even if you are a Scot there are things in this great little book that even you did not know.

I Never Knew That About Scotland
I Never Knew That About Scotland by Christopher Winn (Hardcover - 1 Mar 2007)