5.0 out of 5 stars Curry Heaven!
A fantastic curry book for us slimming world members. Most can be adapted for veggie diets like mine (by substituting the meat for Quorn) and most are even syn free! A great way to add another set of meals to your weekly menus. Only downfall is that you'll need to make sure you have a good selection of spices for all those currys that you'll want to try.
Published on 11 April 2006 by Gemma Kay

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Ok
Published 2 months ago by Mazz

5.0 out of 5 stars Curry Heaven!, 11 April 2006
Gemma Kay (Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Slimming World's Curry Feast: 120 mouth-watering Indian recipes to make at home (Hardcover)

5.0 out of 5 stars Curry without the guilt!, 31 Dec 2007
I love Indian food but as anyone dieting will know without very selective ordering a trip to the Indian can be bad news for the waistline. Here is the book to solve your problems, good recipies, easy to follow, loads of colour photos. Tried and tested on friends who are not watching their weight and all agreed meals taste great. Details given for those on Slimming World but would be fine for anyone dieting generally.

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to Use, 10 July 2008
Mrs. K. A. Wheatley "katywheatley" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Lots of curry recipe books can be quite fiddly. This is practical and easy to use. There are a few ingredients that can be hard to get, which is why it gets four and not five stars from me. I'm lucky in that I live near a vibrant Asian community and was able to source a lot of the stuff, but there are some things you will not find in regular supermarkets. The other thing I would be slightly wary of is spiciness levels. I made the Andrha chilli chicken the other day. It recommended two fresh chillis and five dried chillis. I thought this was a bit much, even for a spicy dish. I added two fresh chillis and it was more than enough for us. I suggest adding your chilli amounts gradually to taste.

Having said all that these are great recipes which I have used time and time again. We use them at the times when we're doing Slimming World, and during regular times as well, they taste so good. They are very adaptable and on the days when I want to be syn free on Slimming World I will substitute the meat element for Quorn.

Using this recipe book was the first time I had tried making samosas or bhajis and both went really well and were much easier than I expected. There is a great selection of veggie dishes, and even soups.

4.0 out of 5 stars First attempt - success, 19 April 2008
Mrs. Mis Jenkins "MiaB" (Rugby) - See all my reviews
I bought this book the other day having joined my local group and being a person who likes curry. I cooked the Chicken Dopiaza last night for myself and my boyfriend. It was SO simple to follow and I got it right first time. I can't wait to try other recipes now.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great curries that are barely sinful!, 20 Jan 2009
N. Williams (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I don't do Slimming World, but I do do curry - a lot! This book was ideal for my husband and I, who are both curry fiends.

There's a huge variety of recipes - I've tried and tested the majority of the chicken ones, and I've cooked up a load of the meat dishes, side dishes and starters, all of which are simple, incredibly tasty and are now old favourites in our house. I use this book time and again and haven't been disappointed yet.

Once you have your staple spices in your cupboard (cumin, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, chilli powder, cloves etc), you're pretty much set up to make most dishes in the book.

These curries are tasty, hearty meals and can easily be likened to some shop-bought curries - but healthier! Instead of using cream and coconut milk as traditional bases for sauces and thickeners, the book tends to use very low fat yoghurt instead.

Finally, many of the dishes are very quick in terms of preparation (cinnamon & coriander lamb shanks) and cooking time (chicken jalfrezi), so you rarely have to spend hours slaving over a hot stove to get a great meal.

All in all, regardless of whether you're watching your weight, I highly recommend this book - it's so easy to use, you don't need a billion different ingredients once you've invested in the initial basic spices, you're creating meals from scratch (no jars of sauces to be used in this book!) and the curries taste simply fantastic!

5.0 out of 5 stars calling all curry lovers!!, 21 July 2009
Lily (Manchester UK) - See all my reviews
Whether you are eating healthy, or just love curry this book is for you! It is loaded with delicious currys from the simple to the exotic tasting. My whole family loves curry night and looks forward to any new recipe we try from this book. The illustrations and pictures are well thought out and easy to follow as well as tips and suggestions to try. If you love a good curry then this will become a must have on your list.

5.0 out of 5 stars fab fab fab... best ever, 18 Jun 2009
N. Morland "nicky" (south yorkshire) - See all my reviews
indian food is my favourite take away but as we all know it can gain you extra pounds if bought from a curry house. my hubby came home from work one day with this book that he had lent off a member of staff, i dont like cooking so i was ok yeah yeah i dont think so. the next thing i knew he had been to the super market got all the stuff need for the classic curry, cooked it, served it, and yes it was the best best best ever. he has since bought his own copy of the book and cooks us a different curry every weekend, we have not had a bad one yet, i would give every curry we have had 10/10. our family have even sampled some he has made and say they would be more than happy to pay for the exact same dish from a curry house. great book 10/10 glad my hubby bought it no more weekend cooking for me. lol aha aha aha it even keeps my weight in check

5.0 out of 5 stars Great slimming world curries, 22 May 2011
Some of these recipes are absolutely delicious. I'm certainly no super cook but these were really easy to follow. Syns are not up to date, no extra easy indicators, but easy enough to work out. Love this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Slimming World's" Curry Feast: 120 Mouth-watering Indian Recipes to Make at Home, 2 Oct 2010
David Lajara (Earl Stonham Suffolk UK) - See all my reviews
Originally I borrowed this book from the library and was so impressed with the content that I purchased it. The recipes are easy to follow with the advantage of alternative main ingredients should you so desire. Thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!!!, 28 April 2010
J. Ryan - See all my reviews
This book is an absolute MUST for all Slimming World fans. The recipes are all low fat and sugar, so would probably work well with any diet plan. I have nearly every Slimming World cookbook and they are all brilliant - but THIS one really takes the biscuit. The curries are so authentic, you REALLY wouldn't want another takeaway, and with Slimming World's new Extra Easy plan, you can even have rice with your favourite curry, without having to count it as Syns on a Red Day.
I am a massive curry fan, and I have lost three stone very easily with Slimming World. I've got another 11 lbs to go, but that won't be a problem with THIS little gem! What a bargain.
Jackie