5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendously Enjoyable!
Another typically *embarrass-yourself-by-bursting-out-laughing-on-the-bus* page turner, by the utterly brilliant Danny Wallace.

If you've become addicted to reading tales of whimsical journeys through life, exploring what are essentially his utterly mental flights of fancy - then this book will definately not disappoint.

His boyish enthusiasm for...
Published on 21 Jan 2007 by Si

3.0 out of 5 stars Tricky one
I am a fanatical fan of Danny Wallace but I must admit that this isnt one of his best. Like it says in the title, it is a quick read and only took me an hour or so to get through it. It was funny in places and did entertain me but I feel it was only suitable if you are on a short plane journey and want to waste 10 minutes.
Published 16 months ago by Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Tremendously Enjoyable!, 21 Jan 2007
This review is from: Danny Wallace and the Centre of the Universe (Quick Reads) (Paperback)

His boyish enthusiasm for *everything* and quick wit are ever present, as is, his warm, engaging style.

My only disappointment, was that it didn't go on for longer!

King Danny, I salute you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but very sweet, 13 Jan 2008
H. YALE (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
If you've read any of Danny's other books, you should know what to expect with this one. It is short, maybe two hours if you take your time, but it's two hours well spent in the company of someone so funny.

This time round, Danny finds a small township in America that not only has his name, but has also been declared the centre of the universe by a mayor with a dubious scientific background. Of course, he books the next available flight and takes the reader on the journey.

If you haven't read anything by Danny Wallace before, this is a good start and should be enough to hook you into buying more of his books. If you've only ever seen him on TV, I would say you're missing out on his true wit - his writing is far better than his TV shows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very short but very Danny Wallace, 25 May 2006
Mr. Jonathan M. Race "bumba1717" (Ipswich, England) - See all my reviews
I've been a big fan of Danny since Join Me! was released, and have since read Yes Man and Are You Dave Gorman? and enjoyed them greatly.

This new book is only a small one (being part of the World Book Day "Quick Reads" promotion) and only lasted me about an hour or so. In this short time though you find yourself quickly catapulted along with Danny on his latest adventure, and it's definately as good as his previous stuff. It doesn't delve into his *private* life in the way his past work has, purely a solo mission this one, but a definate must read for any existing fans, and a great introduction to his weird and wonderful world of adventure to anyone new.

3.0 out of 5 stars Tricky one, 1 Jun 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars Well-intentioned, 13 Jun 2010
Barry Lees (Greenock, Strathclyde Scotland) - See all my reviews
I bought this on the strength of the other enthusiastic reviews and the fact that UKPaperbackshop were selling it for a penny + p&p (!) Did they know something I didn't? Yes, it seems so. Danny starts with a good idea and tries his hardest to embellish it so that there's something funny on every page of this short (119 pages) book. I'm willing to concede that, perhaps, I'M the problem, but I just didn't find it that humorous at all. Charity shop for it tomorrow.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good introduction to Danny Wallace, 12 Sep 2009
J. Sutton (Somerset, UK) - See all my reviews
Another of the `Quick Reads' books released each year for World Book Day (2006, in this case), this would be a good taster for anyone who hasn't read Danny Wallace yet. I've only read one other by him, "Friends Like These", which is much funnier than this, but I still enjoyed it.

Danny has an easy writing style which makes reading him like chatting to a mate over a pint and a sandwich in your local!

4.0 out of 5 stars A Most Enjoyable Quick Read!, 4 April 2009
C. Jacka "CJ" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
I very much enjoyed this book, and would definitely recommend it to others, although do not be fooled into thinking it is an epic tome that will take you a few weeks to read. Ideal for car journeys or for reading a couple of chapters a day on the commute to and from work. Will not take long to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another gem from my favourite author., 26 Jan 2014
A delightfully insightful and funny story from my favourite author; making me smile and contemplate life in the same paragraph.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 15 July 2013
The title say it all really.
Very enjoyable, big fan of Danny Wallace. He's a legend!
4 more words required?

Why?

4.0 out of 5 stars Love Danny Love this!, 1 April 2013
Another great and easy read from Mr Wallace... His spin on life never fails to draw a smile to my face and I feel like I am with him on one of his missions to understand the world from his point of view. I don't like to give plot reviews as I am a firm believer in picking up a book and finding out for myself. If you want an easy read for a train journey or somthing to ease the mind after a bad day at work, this'll do the trick quite nicely! :)

Danny Wallace and the Centre of the Universe (Quick Reads)
Danny Wallace and the Centre of the Universe (Quick Reads) by Danny Wallace (Paperback - 18 May 2006)