5.0 out of 5 stars Sensible and fairly easy to follow advice
This book is a must have if like me you know food is creating havoc in your body. This book was recommended to me by the dietician I am seeing for IBS among a myriad of other things. It is hard at first and you will get the caffiene withdrawal headache from hell but stick with it and you will be surprised at the difference it can make. Even my concentration improved...
Published on 22 Aug 2010 by Mrs. Sharon L. Taverner

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Read Lists
The book seems to be very informative, but I am very frustrated with my Kindle version, as the many lists of foods are too small for me to read and adjusting the font has no effect on them. Without knowing what I should be eating and eliminating it's useless!
Published 6 months ago by Mary Ann Evans

5.0 out of 5 stars Sensible and fairly easy to follow advice, 22 Aug 2010
Mrs. Sharon L. Taverner "shazza" (St. Neots, England) - See all my reviews
I have just begun the re introduction phase and again it can be daunting but I believe it will help me finally identify foods that my body doesn't like as opposed to ones I am or could be allergic to.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, for the exclusion diet alone...., 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Solve Your Food Intolerance: A practical dietary programme to eliminate food intolerance (Paperback)
The exclusion diet in this book was a fantastic help to me, and is worth buying the book for if nothing else. It's tough at first (and I don't recommend giving up coffee suddenly - give it a wind-down period if you're doing this diet!) but well worth it if you perservere. A couple of points to note - I found that I could tolerate freshly cooked potato but not processed or pre-cooked potato, and some people with IBS can tolerate spelt instead of wheat, so it's worth testing these separately when you come to them.

I haven't given it a 5 star rating simply because the reintroduction instructions don't include all the foods in the 'not allowed' list. e.g. sweetcorn (a big problem for me), but common sense should prevail here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful for diagnosing a food intolerance, 24 Aug 2002
By A Customer
You are what you eat, or so they say. However, the food we think is good for us can actually cause us more harm than good. The New Allergy Diet is a useful tool in diagnosing suspected food intolerance. It is informative without being too academic and the diet is very simple to follow. The book includes recipes for the period of the diet, so you do not have to be a genius in the kitchen to make meals out of the allowed foods. I would recommend this book for anyone who suspects they have a food intolerance.

5.0 out of 5 stars from an IBS sufferer, 14 Nov 2010
J. Byford - See all my reviews
i have had IBS and all the traditional medicines and dietary advice did not work so i was advised to go on an exclusion diet. This is written by the team at addenbrooks hospital i could have been refered to, so I decided to follow the book at home. I have had no 'unexpected problems' except if i introduce a food that I react to. This means now i can lead a normal life and not worry about being more than 10 minutes from home or toilet! This is an excellent practical book and i would recommend it to anyone who has food problems or sensitivities. I have tried other books to some effect but this is written by medically trained professionals who deal with these conditions on a daily basis and it really works.

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful. easy to use guide., 13 Jun 2010
Mrs. Pauline Gaston (England) - See all my reviews
This book was recommended to me by my consultatnt when I was diagnosed with diverticular disease. It is easy to follow and expertly helped to diagnose the exact triggers to my symptoms. Highly recommended!

2.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Read Lists, 21 Feb 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars Sigh, 14 May 2014
Not worth the money to buy. Outdated and boring. There are much better more updated and educational books out there.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very useful, 12 Feb 2014
I bought the kindle version of this & found it a little difficult to get used to not being able to fick the pages back & forth to the recipes as a lot of links & references are made to other parts of the book.
As a start to finding out about the Elimination diet I found it very useful & have tried out some of the recipes which are great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good informative book, 17 Jun 2013
This was a very informative book for me. It has helped me understand my food intolerances and given me reassurances

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 6 May 2013
Really enjoyed reading such a informative book. I have frutose intolerence it didnt say too much on this subject but i did change my diet which have really helped

7.69