5.0 out of 5 stars The best baby and toddler cookbook I have seen!
I was given this cookbook last week as a present and I simply love it!
I am - honestly speaking - not the best cook in the world, but even I could follow the recipes! I have now tried 3 recipes (risotto in pasta sauce, spagetti with prawns, and the fairy cakes), and my toddler (who is almost 18 months old) seems to love it all! I will definitely try some more recipes...
Published on 26 July 2005 by Anjali Wright

3.0 out of 5 stars A few mistakes
On the whole, this is a good cook book - the recipes are mostly easy to follow. However, I have discovered quite a few mistakes which have rendered some efforts inedible (I am a fairly competent cook). The Italian Fish stew for instance lists 225g (8oz) of small pasta shapes. I discovered the hard way that only 4 oz of dried small pasta shapes were required (or 8oz of...
Published on 30 Oct 2011 by Mrs. Stella Pullar-strecker

2.0 out of 5 stars Okay.., 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Gina Ford Baby & Toddler Cook Book: Over 100 easy recipes for all the family to enjoy (Hardcover)
I thought this book would have new ideas as to stuff I could do for my daughter, and make a few changes to make it into a family meal, however, 90% of the recipes I currently DO as family meals and therefore my daughter already says! Wasn't very imaginative!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, 15 Oct 2013
Ms. Sa Ben-arros "mioumaou" (London) - See all my reviews
Gina Ford is a genius, she understands toddlers, and mothers. This book has yummy recipes that are easy and quick to make.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recipes, 13 May 2013
C. Watts - See all my reviews
My son loved everything I made for him out of this book. Great variety, none of them very difficult, and easily adapted for my own purposes of wanting to be fat and calorie conscious. That way we could all eat the same meals together. Excellent recipe book.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not Great, 3 May 2013
Some of these recipes are good but some aren't really rocket science. With a little imagination any mother could easily have thought up these "recipes" herself.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 30 Aug 2011
I have weaned my baby with Gina Ford and continued to cook from this book when she got older.The book is very well organized and has easy steps to follow,even for a beginner.I recently bought AK and I found it very difficult as the recipes have many unusual ingredients that I wouldn t normally have in the cupboard,(such as sesame oil).Also some of the ingredients seem to have a too strong flavour for a toddler,eg soy sauce.On the other hand,Gina specifies everything from cooking time (which is very helpful for beginners like me)and if the food can be stored in the refrigerator.This was particularly important as most of the times I used to cook in batches and freeze.Also I found very helpful the way she categorized the book as it gives you an idea about what the toddler should have for lunch/dinner.(my baby had soup from an early age ,she still loves it,especially on a winter afternoon.).I m not a stay at home mum and GF in no way offers recipes for mums with a lot of time on their hands.The food is nutritious and I can say that this book not only offers very good recipes,but also teaches you what a toddler should eat.And it can give you good ideas even for family dinner.As I cooked all the recipes over and over again I m looking for smth new now,Ak unfortunately does not live up to the expectations.

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 18 Nov 2010
Good recipes, bought when my son was 7 months, more suitable for older children, as only some recipies for babies, more of a choice from 10 months.

4.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 13 July 2010
Very easy to read and follow cook book. I did find that most of the receipes tended to be geared towards toddlers but there were receipes in here that I have used time and time again - such as the lamb tagine which the whole family have.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 29 Aug 2009
I have found this book excellent. Ever since i bought it it has been used regularly and the receipes have been easy to follow and it means i have not had to buy any baby food and have been able to make portions that i can freeze. My baby has enjoyed everything i have cooked so far which gives me a sense of satisfaction.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent buy, 17 May 2009
J. Mitchell (UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book as i was running out of ideas for my one year old son and its been brilliant. It has given me new ideas and I have cooked a few of the meals for my husband and I to enjoy too!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but only cooked some of the recipes, 14 Sep 2012
A good selection of recipes with ingredients that I can easily find. I did not like the hard cover though and it could have been a smaller size book. There is not much information what to do when the child is over 1 year old and this has stopped me cooking some of the recipes. I have found I use more another book from the owner of Planet Food that has recipes for all the family. Had I looked through the book before buying, I probably would not have bought it.