5.0 out of 5 stars The best baby and toddler cookbook I have seen!
I was given this cookbook last week as a present and I simply love it!
Published on 26 July 2005 by Anjali Wright

3.0 out of 5 stars A few mistakes
Published on 30 Oct 2011 by Mrs. Stella Pullar-strecker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best baby and toddler cookbook I have seen!, 26 July 2005
This review is from: The Gina Ford Baby & Toddler Cook Book: Over 100 easy recipes for all the family to enjoy (Hardcover)
I was given this cookbook last week as a present and I simply love it!
I am - honestly speaking - not the best cook in the world, but even I could follow the recipes! I have now tried 3 recipes (risotto in pasta sauce, spagetti with prawns, and the fairy cakes), and my toddler (who is almost 18 months old) seems to love it all! I will definitely try some more recipes now, based on the success of the ones I have tried out!
The best thing is that this book does not have really complicated stuff in it and most of the recipes are quite short, so you don't feel daunted by them.
I was very impressed by the "batch cooking" ideas, where some recipes that have similar ingredients can be cooked together, so you can freeze them all! This is not really covered in any other kids cookbook I have seen before.
The photos are really great, very up to date. It is also nice to see what the food should look like (good for cooks like me!)
I would definitely recommend this book to all my friends. In fact, I think I might give some copies as presents!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Gina Ford Baby and Toddler Cook Book, 26 Oct 2005
By A Customer
A cook book that will be on my list of "must haves" for all mothers who want to know how to prepare home cooked food on a regular basis for their small children.
There seem to be new cook books every month directed at mothers who wish to feed their young children healthy and wholesome food. The array is quite bewildering. This book stands out from the rest in many respects. The whole presentation makes it easy to read and use. The colour photos are clear and uncluttered, the recipes are easy to follow and yet the results are delicious. Gina Ford has shown once again her understanding not only of the nutritional needs of small children but how important it is they are fed tasty and interesting food in a world where child friendly convenience and ready made meals are all too avaliable to the mum who wants the best for her child yet may not believe in her own ability to produce it. Using these recipes will help young mothers see how easy and yet satisfying it is to prepare meals for their small children.
An added bonus is that so many of these recipes can be used for small children and adults alike, freeing up Mum from having to prepare two separate meals a day.
The batch cooking is also innovative, and will be another lifesaver for the busy mum who wants to feed her children with home made food but may be short of time.
In short this is one cook book which deserves a place on every mother's shelf, and will undoubtedly stay there for many years as an everyday source of tasty, nutritious and wholesome meals for all the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love every dish, 26 Feb 2007
M. Collom - See all my reviews
This book is a godesend to parents who want to cook delicious meals for their children and mums and dads will love it too. The recipes are easy to follow and are accompanied by gorgeous photos. This book makes it easy to cook for your child and not worry about what you are going to cook for the next meal. Most are freezeable and there is a section for all important batch cooking. A real must have book for all parents/carers

5.0 out of 5 stars A life saver!, 23 Jun 2008
Easy to follow recipes that you can make up in batches and freeze. As a working mum I need to be able to provide my little one with her tea as soon as we come in from work. Waiting is not her strong point!!

The recipes provided clearly indicate suitable age group, whether to puree / mash, if they can be frozen, how many portions each meal makes, plus finger foods, birthday party ideas etc.

I make the food up in batches and freeze for days that I'm working and follow the fresh recipes for days when I'm home, e.g. a healthy omlette takes 10 mins.

It's so important to me that I can give our little one a healthy diet with a wide range of foods; the recipes in the book enable you to do just that.

All our friends & family comment how well our little one eats and how healthy she is. Fabulous book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy dinners and not just for baby!, 31 July 2008
C. England (UK) - See all my reviews
I was given this book as a present, as we have recently started weening. The recipes are healthy and easy to follow as well as being totally suitable for the whole family, even the recipes for the six month olds (although perhaps before it is pureed!)

This is making life so much easier not having to cook several different meals!

The recipes cover food for all different occasions snacks, main meals even party food.. Gina has most things covered here...

5.0 out of 5 stars The only family cook book you'll need - from 6 months upwards!, 4 Nov 2006
S. Hinett "Sallerina" (Sutton Coldfield) - See all my reviews
Gina has thought of everything in the Baby & Toddler Cook Book! The recipes are not only delicious but simple to make, nutritious and there is even a section on batch cooking, making your life as a busy mum a little bit easier. Every mother worries about making sure their child eats enough, and of the right thing, and this book has it covered with some really fab recipes to entice even the most difficult and demanding of toddlers. There is also a section on birthday party food, ways of cooking vegetables to make them more appetising, advice on how to cope with your childs changing eating habits as they grow up etc etc the list goes on..No more cooking separate meals either - here is a variety of mouthwatering dishes which can be enjoyed by all the family from 6 months upwards!A definite must have in the kitchen for all modern day families. Think Jamie Oliver meets Annabel Karmel meets Mrs Beeton! Good, nutritious, easy to cook food with a twist! Go Gina!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the not so clever in the kitchen, 10 Sep 2005
Terry Boylan "Ter" (Ireland) - See all my reviews
This book is ideal if you are not a great cook, its very straight forward easy to follow recipes. Ideal also if you are a busy mum like myself, none of the recipes are off putting with complicated items.

5.0 out of 5 stars great children's cook book, whether or not your baby was a 'gina' baby., 21 Nov 2007
K. Jenkins (London) - See all my reviews
When I first saw this book in the bookshops I assumed it was just another way of making money by re-packaging Gina Ford with pretty pictures. However, for some reason I went back to it, and I can honestly say it is the most useful children's recipe book I have. All the recipes I have tried so far have been eaten happily by both my 1 year old and 4 year old, and I could cook most of them with ingredients I already had in the kitchen. Does this book provide a groundbreaking adventure in the culinary arts? no. Does this book provide recipes that will mean you can give your children a balanced diet without having to employ a nanny so you can spend all your time in the kitchen and without taking out a loan so that you can buy all the exotic ingredients? yes.

3.0 out of 5 stars A few mistakes, 30 Oct 2011
Mrs. Stella Pullar-strecker (London, UK) - See all my reviews
On the whole, this is a good cook book - the recipes are mostly easy to follow. However, I have discovered quite a few mistakes which have rendered some efforts inedible (I am a fairly competent cook). The Italian Fish stew for instance lists 225g (8oz) of small pasta shapes. I discovered the hard way that only 4 oz of dried small pasta shapes were required (or 8oz of cooked pasta

The batch cooking Bolognese Sauce/Shepherd's pie/Creamy beef and pasta bake is confusing if followed to the letter as Gina has made a mistake regarding her mince.

That aside, some of the recipes are delicious and have become firm favourites in our household.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yummy Recipes for Baby and Mummy and Daddy!!, 13 July 2007
R. Bell (Goole, Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This is a good easy to use book. My baby is only 4 months but when he gets to 9 months I will have yummy treats from this book for him. We (me and dad) have been using it this week and have ate healthy recipes with all major food groups which are quick to prepare and can easily be adapted for adults, most of it can also be frozen. The ideas for tea (finger foods) are many and varied. I only wish I had found it when breastfeeding as the recipes are gentle and full of good vegetables in nice combinations. Will be using this a lot I think. I would reccomend the lamb cous cous it is delicious!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›