Format: Hardcover|Change

on 11 May 2010
I purchased this book for my daughter who had started preparing pureed foods for my 6 month old grandson. She had been running out of ideas for different food combinations, both savoury and sweet, to give my grandson variety. I looked on Amazon for ideas and saw that this book had Excellent Recommendations and so I bought it! When my daughter received it she was 'over the moon' as it opened the door to so many variations on preparing pureed baby foods, foods that my daughter had not even thought of putting together and what's more - my grandson absolutely loves them all! Every meal and dessert goes down a treat and my daughter gets immense satisfaction from preparing them for him! I would Highly Recommend this book to all parents who are thinking of making their own baby foods as it gives such flavoursome recipes and variety, all of which babies love!
on 24 July 2007
I bought this book for my son who was 6 months at the time as he didn't really like jarred foods. Now I make up large batches and freeze them and its so easy, just get out meals the day before, heat up and you have a healthy nutritious meal that your child just loves, he likes all of the recipes and eats far more than a child his age should be eating. he just cant get enough of them. I'm buying the baby and toddler ones, because he's 1 now and I would like to continue the fantastic meals. I'm certain he wont object. My husband makes these meals as well.
on 1 August 2008
I love this book. My baby eats better than I do.
I've cooked most of the recipes and my baby loves them all. In fact I do too. I recommend making at least double a recipe to save time and if you do extra you can have some for your own dinner before pureeing/freezing the baby's. Recipes are adaptable too if you want to change or omit the odd ingredient.
on 4 August 2008
This is a fabulous book with lovely delicious recipes that once you've tasted, you cannot deny are good enough for the rest of the family. The book is split into recipes for the appropriate ages which is very helpful, and although the book is entitled top 100 baby 'purees', as the baby gets older many of the recipes included are not really purees, but rather just mashed loosely, or for example with small pasta pieces. However one word of caution, although many of the meals are indeed 'quick and easy', a number of them are not 'quick' as they involve you making up your own stock by boiling and simmering vegetables/chicken carcasses for 1-2 hours, then cooling for 2 hrs/overnight. Whilst this is fantastic for flavour and nutritional goodness, it is simply a fact that this is a real pain when it's 5 o'clock already and for those of us who aren't always particularly well organised, you've only just picked up the book to decide what to make your baby for dinner. To be perfectly honest it can sometimes be simply too much hassle as well to take the time to make up the stocks to then use them to make up a fresh puree. You can get around this of course by simply purchasing the Heinz ready made stocks or alternatively just being more organised! I'd definitely still recommend this book to anyone. My baby has eaten everything happily, and there's a wide range of foods suggested, including exotic fruit such as mango's and papaya's that I'd never even tasted myself until adulthood, yet my baby's enjoying them in the first year of her life!
on 28 February 2009
I bought this book before weaning my baby onto solids and was delighted with all the ideas it gave and tasty combinations. My now 20mnth old son is a fantastic eater and enjoys a wide variety of foods, most recipes to have come from this book. There is lots of simple recipes as i am easliy put of by scary long lists of ingredients! The book gives texture options for ages and lots of advice on snacks and dietry requirements etc. It can be used for older toddlers meals as well not just purees. I found a lot can be made into family meals, and smaller portions frozen for quick and nutritious meals when your in a rush to get tea on table on time for hungry baby! I have since bought this as a baby present for friends with wee ones also. A good buy.
on 27 March 2007
Easy to follow recipes from 6 to 12 months with information on nutritional benefits and whether or not suitable for freezing. Lots of good general advice on weaning from allergies, food storage, weaning pre-term babies to finger food.

My daughter enjoyed all the recipes that I cooked from this book and I had no idea food could taste this good without added salt or sugar!!

To sum, a wonderful little book with great imagery and recipes that babies will love and adults too!!
on 3 May 2010
I also bought Super Foods for Babies & Toddlers but this book concentrates purely on purees.

I have cooked 4 0r 5 of them so far and my baby loves loves loves them. I don't intend on giving him bought ready made jars mainly because if i cook his meals i know exactly what he is eating plus it's sooooooo much cheaper, especially as i receive healthy eating tokens for fruit, veg & milk.

I really enjoy cooking so find it easy just to do a little extra n whizz it up for baby. Having looked through at most of the future recipes i'm going to have to make myself some of the meals but obviously not a whizzed up version.

I highly recommend this book to everyone.
on 25 October 2008
I bought this book before I had my daughter but didn't actually bother to pick it up until she was 4 months old. I haven't put it down since. If someone had aked me how to make chicken stock from stratch this time last year I would have laughed at them.
This book gives simple and delicious recipes for your babies to enjoy. They are a little time taking at first (if you are not a 'cooky' person) but once you get the hang of it there's no holding you back. The recipes are explained clearly and don't require a mountain of ingredients.
There is nothing in this book my daughter has wolfed down!
Essential reading for any new parent.
on 1 February 2009
very easy to follow instructions for making the purees. lots of nutritional and development information, i really learned a lot from the early pages of this book [and have since managed to improve my diet too] and my daughter loves all the purees. im just moving her to the second stage now, so we'll see what that holds !

the purees are cheap, easy and fast to make, just a case of throwing in some extra veg when you are cooking [obvs with no salt!] cooling and pureeing ! i now have a fully stocked freezer of food for my baby and i know exactly what is in it.

excellent.
on 19 March 2007
I bought this book when my son was at weaning stage and it has been invaluable! I have cooked almost all of the recipes in the book now (my son has just turned one) and all of them have been v.tasty! I am not a established cook but found the recipes easy to prepare and very straightforward. My daughter and husband love them too, I often catch my husband eating our son's food and he's asked if I can make extra for him! I'm now looking to purchase the next book with recipes for older babies.