5.0 out of 5 stars Best book out there by far
An excellent book with tasty recipes that my baby adores and even eats. The recipes are easy to follow and easily adapted if you cannot find all the ingredients. The book is set into age stages which really helps when trying to move onto the lumpier side of feeding. There is also excellent advice before each chapter begins. Well worth the money!
Published on 25 Oct 2006 by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but not enough variety!
I really liked the look of this book and I had already used the Complete Baby and Toddler Meal Planner by Annabel Karmel, so I bought this expecting it to build on the older edition and have something new to offer for the eary stages of weaning.

Published on 15 Oct 2008 by Sam Mackley

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful but not enough variety!, 15 Oct 2008
This review is from: Top 100 Baby Purees: 100 quick and easy meals for a healthy and happy baby (Hardcover)

Sadly, I dont think it met expectations. Lots of the recipes were duplicated from the other book and the information in the introductions to each chapter also seemed like an abridged version of the other book.

I appreciate there are only so many vegetable and fruit purees that you can use to wean your baby but I would still have expected this book to have more to offer that its older counterpart.

My advice would be don't bother with it if you have the other one, and if you are in two minds which to get, at least the other one will see you through toddler-dom as well.
Happy Pureeing!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book out there by far, 25 Oct 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely fantastic!, 21 Nov 2007
K. Oldfield (UK) - See all my reviews
I have used this book from beginning to end. My son is now 12 months old and loves all of the recipes, and more importantly will eat anything as a result. As I also work full-time I found that I could cook up a batch of meals from the book every few weeks and freeze them, and knew I was giving my son healthy, nutricious meals every day. I would recommend this book to everyone - I haven't needed to use anything else.

5.0 out of 5 stars Well worth the money, 22 Dec 2005
MOMOF4DAV "MOMOF4DAV" (CANNOCK, STAFFS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This book is really good, the recipes are simple to make with everyday foods. Some of the older baby meals sound so delicious I could eat them myself.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin & more!, 21 Feb 2009
C. Atkinson (North Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
I was so excited about weaning my daughter & bought a few books on the matter. Annabel Karmels books are fabulous. Both informative & inspiring. I really enjoyed weaning & luckily i didn't go back to work so had more time on my hands to make all my daughters meals from scratch in those important early days. I am not against jars & they are very useful when time is tight or you're on the go but they can be a little bland & you know exactly what goes into your own creations. You also save quite a bit of money.
This book covers everything from first tastes to more lumpy food for when your tot is a little older. Its important not to give your baby pureed food for too long as they may refuse to eat food with lumps in. It also helps with their development to move on swiftly.
It even made me try foods that i hadn't had before but found that i loved such as butternut squash & sweet potatos.
There is plenty of helpful advice about when to introduce various foods & info about allergies & food intolerances. The books is divided up into age sections.
Don't wean without an Annabel Karmel book either this or the Baby & Toddler Meal Planner.
I can't wait to use this again in a few months time with my new son.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply fantastic!, 27 Mar 2006
By A Customer
You can't go wrong by buying this book..If you are a new mummy, it will be your number 1 tool and will stay so for life when it comes to feeding your baby, as it gives you all the important tips as to what is good at what age and why..Plus the recipes are very simple and healthy and babies adore them! My 8 month old girl eats every single dich I have cooked from this book and loves it! We actually cook the recipes for ourselves, too, they are delicious and full of goodness. We stopped needing to use salt in our cooking due to the perfect combinations of ingredients in this book, which make everything really tasty!Go for it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Top 100 baby purees, 20 Dec 2005
By A Customer
Excellent introduction to weaning with lots of practical menu ideas. Easy to use ingredients with nutritional information telling you what each recipe is good for, e.g. protein, vitamins, etc. Some of the recipes can also be adapted for adult use.

5.0 out of 5 stars a yummy little book, 27 Mar 2007
Easy to follow recipes from 6 to 12 months with information on nutritional benefits and whether or not suitable for freezing. Lots of good general advice on weaning from allergies, food storage, weaning pre-term babies to finger food.

My daughter enjoyed all the recipes that I cooked from this book and I had no idea food could taste this good without added salt or sugar!!

To sum, a wonderful little book with great imagery and recipes that babies will love and adults too!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Life Saver, 31 Aug 2006
Nina Bevan (UK) - See all my reviews
This book is fantastic, my son loves the recipes and he will soon be 9 months. I have religiously cooked all of his meals, the recipes are simple and delicious. The book is worth every penny, buy it now and you will never look back, you will know exactly what your baby is eating and your baby will be happy and content. Thank goodness for Annabel Karmel

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Have book, 24 July 2007
M. Williams (West Midlands/UK) - See all my reviews
I bought this book for my son who was 6 months at the time as he didn't really like jarred foods. Now I make up large batches and freeze them and its so easy, just get out meals the day before, heat up and you have a healthy nutritious meal that your child just loves, he likes all of the recipes and eats far more than a child his age should be eating. he just cant get enough of them. I'm buying the baby and toddler ones, because he's 1 now and I would like to continue the fantastic meals. I'm certain he wont object. My husband makes these meals as well.

Top 100 Baby Purees: 100 quick and easy meals for a healthy and happy baby