5.0 out of 5 stars The 7 Day Parent Coach

3.0 out of 5 stars A Lot of Effort
Published on 17 Feb 2006 by Ms. L. J. Branch

5.0 out of 5 stars The 7 Day Parent Coach, 20 Jun 2005
Sarah Beard (Salisbury, Wilts) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The 7 Day Parent Coach: Halve the Stress, Double Your Energy and Become a Great Parent (Paperback)
As a mother of 3 children, I have found this book extremely beneficial. It is unlike other parenting guides that I have read, in that it focuses primarily on you as the parent, and how your behaviour towards your child directly influences his/her behaviour. This is a new way of looking at the whole subject of parenting and I have found it incredibly inspiring. It has not only helped me in the way that I interact with my children, but I would say that it has had an enormously positive effect on family life as a whole. There is certainly a calmer atmosphere at home now and I feel much more in control of my life! As I'm much happier in myself I would say that my relationship with my partner has benefitted too. Lorraine Thomas writes in a clear, practical way, looking at all of the issues which are so relevant to parents today, with humour and obvious understanding of the subject!

5.0 out of 5 stars What Parents Really Want, 22 Jun 2005
Lorraine Thomas has a knack of making people believe that it's never too late to achieve your wildest dreams. This book is for all parents who are on the roller coaster ride of parenthood - sometimes having a great day, sometimes thinking the whole world is falling in around them - it will help you take control of becoming the mum or dad that you want to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dadtastic!!, 12 Jun 2005
By A Customer
I have always been a little sceptical of 'self-help' books, believing that they were a misnomer for didactic tracts written by unqualified busy bodies, trying to tell me how I should run my life. Well 'The 7 Day Parent Coach' has blown that misconception out of the water. As a father of three, experiencing the whole gamut of parenting issues, I felt an overwhelming sense of relief and even liberation when I read the first chapter. In fact the whole book was an exhilarating ride which I read from cover to cover in one sitting. At last there was a non-judgmental friend who was there to listen and to help. The exercises are insightful and the stories warm and informative. Lorraine is a person with a profound understanding of the complexities of parenting in the 21st century. She doesn't judge and with humour and commonsense she helped me to a place where I felt good about the job I was doing as a Dad. More please.

3.0 out of 5 stars A Lot of Effort, 17 Feb 2006
I was really looking forward to this book with all its supersonic reviews only when I sat down and started the first chapter the workload required made me feel quite discouraged. I am not a lazy person but after a VERY long day, similiar I am sure to most parents, the substantial chunk of brain I needed to analyse myself and come up with innovative solutions for my problems just seemed far too much. There are a lot of exercises so just be warned - the content of the book is sound but not innovative and truth be told I think my parenting has benefitted more from a good Time Management Book than this particular one.

5.0 out of 5 stars An essential guide to helping build strong children & parent, 22 Jun 2005
I have just finished reading this book ... more importantly, my husband has read a part of it as well! It is a fantastic reference book to be returned to over and over again. I love the little babysteps every day, building up into a giant step at the end of the week. This book should be mandatory reading before any new parents leave a maternity unit and then re-read every year there after!!

5.0 out of 5 stars buy it now!, 13 Jun 2005
Mrs. J. H. Reith (Cambridge United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
There are a million books out for parents to help them sort out family problems and enjoy being a parent, but this one really IS different! You the reader, decide how much or how little to read, and choose the bits which are relevant for your family. As a Mum of 3, I am always on the go, and this book has enabled me in a very simple and user-friendly way to see my life in the round, and not neglect one area of it. you will love doing the excercises and they will make you feel proud to be a parent and I am sure, like me, love your family all the more. The perfect book for 21st century time poor parents to invest in. If you only read one book this year, make it this one. Judy Reith, Parent Worker

5.0 out of 5 stars Supermum, 27 Jun 2005
Mr. S. Cook - See all my reviews
I have been a Mum for twelve years and I wish I'd had this book from day one. Its given me a magic formula to get the relationship I really want with my children. Fantastic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Practical Advice Which Really Works., 24 Feb 2007
H. Boyle (Oxford, England) - See all my reviews
The 7 day Parent Coach" by Lorraine Thomas is the first parenting book I haven't wanted to throw out of the window. Really practical, helpful advice which works. Already Lorraine has empowered myself and my daughter to be the people we really want to be and life is so much better. I only wish I'd discovered it years ago, but it doesn't matter what mistakes you've made in the past, you can change things now. Lorraine knows exactly what goes on (all the stuff you'd be ashamed to tell your best friend) and what to do about it. Fantastic.

Review by Hannah Boyle, Oxford, UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Compulsory Read For All Parents, 8 Jun 2005
Allison Marlowe (England) - See all my reviews
Lorraine tackles the everyday issues that all parents face with a whole host of easy to use strategies and ideas that make up the 7 day model. Not only that they really do work. As a mother of four who often felt tired, stressed and guilty I have tried and tested many of the tools to amazing effect and eliminated the major 'PESTS' that Lorraine talks about. Imagine how you will feel when you too can make a big difference to your family life in just seven days.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC, 19 Jun 2005
By A Customer
Lorraine Thomas' book is absolutely first class - she manages to put the parent back in control of their life again. I wish this book had been available 10 years ago - it would certainly have made the job of bringing up our first child so much easier. Thanks Lorraine - and when is the next one coming out!