5.0 out of 5 stars the most helpful book on multiple sclerosis I know
Published on 18 Sep 2001 by Mrs. Helen Hogarth

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly helpful
Better than some books I have looked at. Some good sections on dealing with relationships and telling people which would be helpful to newly diagnosed. But assumes that we all will experience a selection of the worst symptoms - something that is a big unknown. Bit discouraging to anyone not experiencing this.
Practical ideas such as organising time and activities to...
Published on 19 July 2010 by Auntie Em

5.0 out of 5 stars the most helpful book on multiple sclerosis I know, 18 Sep 2001
Mrs. Helen Hogarth "Helenback" (Teesside England) - See all my reviews
A witty down to earth look at the diagnosis, management, positives and negatives of having MS. I have worked for nine years as an MS Counsellor and never found a better book to recomend to both the newly diagnosed and also those who have lived with this condition for years. The cartoons give the book an added sense of humour that is often lacking around Multiple Sclerosis but once you have learned to laugh about some of the challenging symptoms then you are on the road to management and recovery.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bang up to date with latest research as well!, 23 May 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: Coping With Multiple Sclerosis: A Comprehensive Guide to the Symptoms and Treatments (Paperback)
Cynthia Benz has joined forces with a leading Professor involved in MS research and together they have come up with a practical, informative guide for all MS sufferers, their families and carers and those in the health care profession. It is also written in a easy to read (and witty) style without devaluing the difficulties of living with MS. I highly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars good book, a must read for people free from MS, 14 Dec 2001
Very good, stated alot of symptoms invisable and visable. Many people need to read this book, as a means to try to understand what it must be like to have a ever fluctuating disease. For those of us with MS then reading it is a continuous 'Oh I've had that' at least you don't feel you are imagining it, just because it isn't in a medical text book.!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent source of answers, 28 Nov 2009
E. Jeffries "Liz" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
I would highly recommend this book to all people who have MS, and also relatives and friends of people who have it too. The book is non-biased in any way, and tells facts how it is, in an easy way, so you and your Partner/friend/family can understand what is happening. It has useful advice on diet, exercise, and general topics such as Pregnancy with MS, working with MS, and living with MS, it is all covered. This book is now my Bible as I have just been diagnosed with this condition (25 year old woman) and have found it so useful, and it's put my mind at rest and answered alot of questions that were buzzing around in my head. Again, I highly recommend this book 5*

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth reading, 17 May 2009
A really good, straightforward and down-to-earth book: just the right balance of solid info, sensible advice and fun. I found it very comforting in many ways - no illness is so frightening when you understand what's going on and know what to expect. I'd highly recommend it to both those with MS and their families / friends / employers. I also know a few consultants who could do with reading it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best book for newly diagnosed and their families, 28 May 2010
S. Innes "Pottersby" (Hull, UK) - See all my reviews
I just wanted to say, that as someone who was diagnosed 3 years ago, this was by far the best book I read. Easy to read, with clear descriptions of the illness and with a real world slant that was refreshing. The best thing for me about the book was giving it to relatives. I am suffering extremely from Fatigue and this explained what I was coping with to my family, far better than I could ever enunciate. Excellent and highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fairly helpful, 19 July 2010
Practical ideas such as organising time and activities to reserve energy etc.

Like any books on MS there are helpful bits and scary bits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Coping With Multiple Sclerosis: A Comprehensive Guide to the Symptoms and Treatments, 16 Feb 2011
denny (Cambridgeshire) - See all my reviews
I have only recently been diagnosed as having Relapsing and Remitting MS.
I am finding this book to be a great help, from simply learning about what I face, to how I feel, and coping with it on a day to day basis.
The book is well written, and it's very easy to read and to understand what's being said to you about what you face with MS, both now, and in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yep me too, 3 Feb 2014
Jonathan Pedlar (UK) - See all my reviews
This is a well put together book that isn't frightening to read right through or just dip in to for information . I have tried other books in the past and been scared silly , not so with this one..I've had MS for nearly 30 years and there have been things I wanted to know but was too worried or embarrassed to ask . This book covers so many thing in a gentle easily understood way , give it a try ..

5.0 out of 5 stars Coping With Multiple Sclerosis., 1 Nov 2013
A very good book to read, it help all the people around someone with MS not just that person, thanks.

8.64