Format: Hardcover|Change

on 8 July 2009
I am frequently amazed by the number of books about the country that I live in and sometimes I can be disappointed with the contents and detail.This one does not disappoint. It does not pretend to be a guide to a county but highlights unusual features or incidents which have occurred there. Some of the incidents are such that most of us would not know of them - they are almost folk lore.

An interesting book: ideal for the coffe table or in the car or caravan, to browse through as you plan your itinerary
on 7 December 2010
already bought 'I Never Knew That About Yorkshire' this book is equabily amazing, fantastic info if you like traveling around England
on 10 February 2012
arrived well on time in good condition. I gave it as a present and the recipient is very pleased and reading it avidly.
on 3 August 2010
I purchased this as a present for my partner. He was tickled pink with it and is currently reading his way through it
on 11 October 2011
This is one of those books, no matter how many times you open it, you find yourself saying, "Wow! I didn't know that!" This is a perfect: companion for travelling around England; gift for anyone retiring; reminder of just how wonderfully interesting England is. Keep it in the car or your over night case!
on 10 October 2012
whats now cumbria is still westmorland and cumberland in the book .other facts are interesting.short snippets of places some places expected to see were not in the book.the amount of castles in places not a word about them.but for 1p great value from a great seller.
on 16 November 2012
I bought this as a present for my mother who tells me she has it on a coffee table and dips into it from time to time. The content is interesting and informative and well written. Not really a book to sit down with and read through.
on 3 February 2009
This book has so many interesting nuggets of information about places in England. It's not comprehensive but would encourage me to travel to parts of the country I don't know. A good bedside book to dip into.
on 17 May 2011
Book arrived promptly, very good price, new condition as promised. Only problem: it was quite an old edition and did not match the recent (illustrated) edition that is currently in the shops.
on 12 November 2011
I had borrowed this book from a friend previously. So interesting was the history in it, that I had to buy a copy for myself.

Well worth the read!