5.0 out of 5 stars A book every teenager should read!!
Published on 28 Nov 1998

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't compare to the first "Teenage Soul" book
Published on 19 Jan 1999

2.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't compare to the first "Teenage Soul" book, 19 Jan 1999
By A Customer
I recieved both books for my birthday, the 1st on my 15th and the 2nd on my 16th. I read the 1st one at least 4 times front to back in about 3 months. I'm very sorry to say that the 2nd is no where near as good as the 1st. I got it in November now it's almost the end of January and still haven't finished it! It doesn't keep my attention like the 1st one did. I recomend spending your money on something more interesting.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book every teenager should read!!, 28 Nov 1998
By A Customer
This book is the best book I ever read. It affected me in my life by helping me to learn to make the right decisions and to not let the little things in life that don't really matter get me down. I think that everyone should read this wonderful book and get a dose of what life is like for all of us. When my friend Caleb got this book he read it 2 times in the same weekend, because he says that it really relates to his life, and we don't have enough teenage books that do that for us. It really affected him too and I think that it is wonderful that there are other people willing to share their life stories with us, some embarrassing, some sad, and others regular life lessons. It makes the book even better that all the stories come from the heart's and soul's of other teenagers so we can relate to them. This is the most outstanding book I have ever read and it should get an award, no wonder it is the 23rd most popular book in your online bookstore.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is one of the most inspiring books i have ever read!, 12 May 1999
By A Customer
Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul is an excellent book for every teenager, and anyone who wants to understand what problems teenagers are facing these days. This book contains stories that range from incredibly funny to sad and serious, but yet uplifting. All teenagers facce hardships that have to do with self esteem and fitting in. It is a book that you can go to when you are having problems. I feel tha tevery teenager can relate to this book. It is a good book to uplift your spirits. I recently had some trouble with one of my friends. The book was very helpful and helped us get over our differences. However, there was one story that really touched me. it was titled "A Lesson for Life". The quote at the beginging sort fo explains it all: "The turning point in the process of growing up is when you discover the core strength within you that survives all hutr." It is about a boy who stand up for another boy when he is being picked on. This story changed my life in a way. I started to look around, and I realized that many people around me felt that they did not fit in. I suddenly thought that I was not very confident about myself, but I wanted to help others. The less that I started to worry about myself, and getting to know others, the more and more confident I became about myself. I now have a very happy life, and when someone feels down about their self, I can relate to them and give them advice. More people in this world should be friendly and stick up for others. The book teaches life lessons that everyone should be aware of. One of my friends's parents read the teenage version of htis book when her daughter was done. They previously had a rocky relationship, and everything has changed for the better since then. Another story in this book that has helped me in the struggle as a teenager was titled "No Matter What Happens". It is about growing up and how to deal with it. This book is a great place to turn to when you are looking for inspriration or help in life. You can relate to almost everything in the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chicken Soup For the Teenage Soul II is a great book for Tee, 2 Mar 1999
By A Customer
Dear Teens of the world, I am going to tell you about wondeful book for teens everywhere. The book I am going to tell you about is chicken soup for the teenage soul. This is the best book that I have ever read. This book is Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul. This book will make you laugh and weap endless amount of tears. The book is like 411 for the teenage life. It gives me hope and faith to get through things that are troubling me. It also has things I can realte with. Also has many famous people writting in the book. Lastly it writes about things that will touch your heart.
As I said the aouthors write about things we can actually realte with. Don't you hate when you read a book that is suppose to be for kids like us, and it has all these things we have never even heard about. A sixteen year old name Jim says, "This book is a perfect book for teenagers." I feel that this boook desvers each and ever star that it recived. There is one story in peticular that I think many people have to deal with. They have to deal woth the fact that there family and friends are anorix. The story is called The Right Thing, by Kelly Garnet. What she did was very heroic and smart. She turned her friend in to the school concusler. In the end it was the right thing. This book gives you adive to get through things like that. Not only does this give advice, it also has many famous people writting in it.
I was so surprised when I saw the tons of stories by famous people in it. One of the extremly famous authors are Jennifer love Hewitt. She wrote bright heart, in the first book, and a friend for life, in this one. She is from Party of Five, and I Know what you did last summer. Another famous aouthor is Andrew Keegan. He is wrote seven mintues in heaven. Andrew Keegan is from 7th hevan and Party of Five. Will friedle is from Boy meets world quotes that, Chicken Soup is "the idea of teenagers writting about there experinces to help other teenagers is brillant." Even though Will friedle is famous, me and him hsve the same ideas for a great book.
Like I said this book has things that will touch your heart. The stories about growing up and becoming older is perfect things that teenagers need to read. I lolay reader named Scott Vickaryous states that, "the stories in this book are amazingly touching. It is great to see a book that acts like a friend." I really agree with that. I swear that this book is the most touching book that I EVER read. One of the stories that really touched me was Hopscotch and Tears. It touch because I could feel what the poor girl in the story was feeling. It really made yuo feel for her.
Even though I feel this is a perfect book, others do diagree. Many adults feel that the stories in the book are to grown-up for kids our age. The might feel that the love stories and all these topics strongly talked about, are just to much for us. I personally feel that this book has not one flaw.
This book is really the best. It has topics that I can relate to. Also has many famous authors writting in it. Lastly really has stories that touch your heart, and open your eyes. You really have to get your hands on a copy of this book. You have got to read this book. If you read this book, you will be amazed.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT BOOK FOR TEENS!!!!!, 26 Feb 1999
By A Customer
Dear Teenager, Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II is an excellent book for teenagers. This book is one that makes you feel better, just like chicken soup does. This book is an inspirational and motivational book for teens, and has many stories about life, love, and dealing with all sorts of problems. It has many different sections, which all have a bunch of stories pertaining to them. Chicken Soup is a very well written book. It is also very helpful for teenagers who are going through tough times. Chicken Soup is a book that is very touching for not only teens, but all other people too. The book Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II is a book that is well written. This book was a New York Times bestseller, for over four months. The amazon customer review was five stars. I loved this book so much, that if it was up to me, I would have given it a million stars! Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II has sold over three million copies world-wide! I personally like this book because I like being able to hear everybody's opinion. Teenage actor Will Friedle from "Boy Meets World" said "The idea of teenagers writing about their experiences to help other teenagers is brilliant!" Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II is a book that is helpful for struggling teens. One reader, after reading some of the stories, commented "It is nice to know you are not alone." In times of need, this book has come through for many. I have a friend, who after reading this book, lost all thoughts of committing suicide or anorexia. This book showed her that other people, around the same age as her, had gone through similar things and had all found better ways to deal with them. After reading it, she dealt with her situations very differently. Scott Vickaryous, actor from Breaker High, said, "It is nice to know that there is a book that can almost act as a friend." Many kids have the same kind of feeling towards this book. This Chicken Soup book is very touching for all people. Chicken Soup is a large series of books. Most of these books have a certain type of people that they are meant for, or the most meaningful to. Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II is obviously meant for teens, but this is for both boys and girls. Also, I know of adults as well as kids younger then the teenage years who have enjoyed reading this book. This book is "filled with exactly the kinds of stories that all types of people want to here," as one reader put it. A guy who read this book commented that "it is nice to know what the girls are really thinking." These stories did exactly what they were supposed to, touch you right where it counts. Some of these stories made you cry, others laugh, and some just made you think. I know that it isn't only twelve year old girls that it touched, but girls and boys of all ages. Some people may say that the book Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II is not that great of a book for teenagers. Those people might say that some of the stories might not have been written as well as they could of. All I can say to that is, that this book is written by kids. When the authors of these stories wrote these, they were telling them as they saw the situation. If you really want their feelings, you are going to have to deal with the fact that some stories aren't written like professionals would have. Another bad thing that someone might say about this book is that the stories weren't as touching as the first book. First of all, that is just an opinion, and I am sure many others disagree. Second, no matter how touching the stories, you must remember that these things still happened to some teenager. I know someone whose expressed the thought "we don't want to hear about other people's problems, when we all have some of our own." My response to this one is that, if you run into a problem, doing what someone else, in this book, did you might be able to deal with it in a way you might not have thought of. The book, Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul II is well-written, helpful for struggling teens, and is very touching to everybody. If you read this book, your feelings towards facing the teenage world will change forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars the best series of books eva!!, 29 Oct 2000
By A Customer
i have read chicken soup for the preteen, teenage soul and teenage II soul. they are all good. it really teaches you some lesson, and helps you get your life into prospective. i think you should really get all the books of the teen, it helps eveny1, including adults!

5.0 out of 5 stars 101 stories that will touch your heart and warm the soul., 4 Jan 1999
By A Customer
I have never really been the type to get into books about all this, but when a close friend showed me a story, I knew I was hooked on it. I am anorexic and recieving treatment. I read a story in there that was exactly what I felt and all of a sudden everything became clear to me. Chicken Soup for the Soul is one of the best books ever written and I feel that everyone should read it because it is the real stuff and it deals with problems that real teenagers face. Whenever I am feeling sad or need a story to cheer me up, I flip thorough the pages of the book and find a story. I sit on the my bed and read and it's the best tlc anyone could ever ask for. Read this book and I know you won't regret it.

5.0 out of 5 stars And I thought the 1st one was excellent...., 21 Dec 1998
By A Customer
The second one is just as good, and in some ways it is better. It can really help you out in any situation....All the topics that teenagers face in life are covered in this book--relationships, family, school, sickness, suicide, etc... Every teenager should have the oppurtunity to read this book and they should get the feeling that they are not alone and that other people go through the same ordeals every day. It's so insightful. I look forward to the 3rd book. The only thing I wish they would have added would have been more stories from celebrities because I find those the best to read because it comes from them and they have the same problems as us teens.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book was the best book that I have ever read!, 9 Jan 1999
By A Customer
I loved this book so much! It really focused on what teenagers need to know about. I was going through a rough time for a while, and this book pulled me right through. With all of the different stories in this book, it is never boring! I picked up the book, and never put it down untill the last page was read. One really interesting thing about the book was that it had stories from celebreties. I thought that it was neat seeing how they survived being a teenager. Like it says on the back cover, "You'll find no adults preaching to you about what you should or shouldn't do." It's all from teens - to teens.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best books I have read in a long time!!!, 9 Nov 1998
By A Customer
This book is and the first one are two of the best books when it comes to real personal experience to things that happen to teenagers, not just something that your parent or parents give you a lecture on. Teens need more than just an "Because I say so" opinion, they need someone who can empathize with them. They also need reason when something goes wrong. This book is what you need to get your teen. It is a book for any occasion. It is even a just because gift. This could really help your teen in the long run.

Chicken Soup For The Teenage Soul II: 101 more stories of life, love and learning
10.99