5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific. Original may be better. I still loved this version

Published on 22 Feb 2006 by Dexter Wilshire

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay, but not the best, 22 Feb 2006
This review is from: Think And Grow Rich (Paperback)
For the most part, I enjoyed reading this new version of Think and Grow Rich. But it was a little disconcerting to be reading along here and there in a book written during the Great Depression and suddenly come across material about people like Bill Gates, Stephen Speilberg, Ray Kroc, Arnold Schartzenegger, Andy Grove, etc., etc. The information is nice, but I would just as soon have seen Dr. Pell write a separate, new book containing all this other information. It tends to get in the way of what Hill is saying. I have three or four other copies of Think and I compared them with this one. I notice that Pell has cut out a good bit of material from the original book and that some material has beeen shifted around. It did not bother me especially, but I am not sure it was a good idea. If you collect Hill books like I do, you might want to get this one, but there are better ones out there.

1.0 out of 5 stars A travesty!, 11 Mar 2006
This review is from: Think And Grow Rich (Paperback)
This "new" version of Napoleon Hill's classic "Think and Grow Rich" does a real disservice to the memory of Dr. Hill. Not only has the editor left out whole sections and altered the wording in the book, but he also "expands" it by including here and there musings about today's entrepreneurs, which have the effect of constant disruption. The book is handsome enough on the outside, but if you know anything about Napoleon Hill and his book, this new version will make you cringe on the inside!

2.0 out of 5 stars A travesty!, 11 July 2006

2.0 out of 5 stars An inferior version of a classic, 1 July 2006
This review is from: Think And Grow Rich (Paperback)
There are far superior editions of "Think and Grow Rich" than this one. This edition is an abridged version of Napoleon Hill's masterpiece. It also is disjointed, with modern examples of entrepreneurial anecdotes interspersed with Hill's original material. It makes for a "jumpy" and very unsatisfying read. Hill's original work simply does not need or benefit from all this extraneous material. Readers would be better off reading one of the other versions of Hill's book, truer to the original, as for example "Think and Grow Rich!: The Original Version, Restored and Revised", which is the only edition to my knowledge to contain a full index, extensive endnotes, and a very informative appendix.

2.0 out of 5 stars This is a travesty, 26 Jun 2006
This review is from: Think And Grow Rich (Paperback)
I bought this book with high, but nervous expectations. I was looking forward to seeing how this book had been "revised and updated" for the 21st century. What I found was a terrible hatchet and cut-and-paste job on Napoleon Hill's classic book. The editor completely destroys the rhythm and flow of Dr. Hill's ideas by inserting contemporary examples at the end of Hill's chapters. It's a travesty. We don't need a "21st century version" of "Think and Grow Rich." The one that has worked so well all these many years is still the best. If someone wants to publish a 21st century book, they should simply write an entirely new one. Even minor revisions of a classic like "Think and Grow Rich," to eliminate outdated language or correct errors, should be undertaken with the utmost care and respect for the original. When the project is over, it should still be Napoleon Hill's book. This edition of "Think and Grow Rich" also does not contain everything that was in the original. A great deal of material has been left out. There are other editions that give the "complete picture." This one definitely does not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific. Original may be better. I still loved this version, 18 Sep 2007
This review is from: Think And Grow Rich (Paperback)
I bought this version not having read comments here. I understand the comments about the original from the purists. I still think the value of the work shines through. For perhaps fifteen years "Think and Grow Rich" was on my to-read list. If you're in a similar position, I urge you to get hold of a copy (though do consider the original). For me it really is the Daddy of self improvement publishing. Go on. Do it ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Think and Grow Rich, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Think And Grow Rich (Paperback)
I ordered this book for my husband, and i don't know how many times he has read it, he loves it

5.0 out of 5 stars What a good book, 29 April 2009
Mr. D. M. Beesley "Daryl" (Leyland, Lancs. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Think And Grow Rich (Paperback)
I will keep it quick. This is a fantastic book which I really enjoyed reading. I originally hired it from the local library and then bought it from Amazon as I thought it was so good.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish Napolean Hill was alive now!, 14 July 2014
This review is from: Think And Grow Rich (Paperback)
Awesome. This books changed my life.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book!, 4 July 2014
This review is from: Think And Grow Rich (Paperback)
This is the grandfather of all current motivational books. A great read.
Anthony / www.passion4life.org

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Think And Grow Rich
Think And Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill (Paperback - 7 Oct 2004)
7.19