5.0 out of 5 stars A Coffee Table Classic
My partner got this book for Christmas and never got a look in! Once I had picked it up I couldn't put it down until I had read it from cover to cover.
Published on 23 Jan 2005

3.0 out of 5 stars Too much that's not really funny.
There's a lot in here, and I have not finished the book which should be savoured in small doses, but one needs to have a very broad definition of 'funny' to feel that one is getting one's money's worth of comic sayings.
Published 7 months ago by Musse

5.0 out of 5 stars A Coffee Table Classic, 23 Jan 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The Funniest Thing You Never Said: The Ultimate Collection of Humorous Quotations (Paperback)
You will find quotes on every subject imaginable and they range from droll observations to cleverly witty to downright pee your pants hilarious! Only the totally humourless wouldn't find themselves laughing out loud.
This book makes an excellent gift.

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest Thing You Never Said., 15 Nov 2008
I saw this book on this lovely site, read the front cover and thought they'd be ideal for my Dad and my friend Scott's Christmas presents last year. They were huge successes. I think everyone in my house has sat and read huge chunks of it and laughed out loud. And Scott says he didn't manage to start it for a week because his mum found it, read a page and wouldn't put it down!It's a fantastic book and absolutely hillarious.

Laura, 15.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 2 May 2007
RD - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
I love collecting quotations so what better than a whole big book of them?! To top it off with a cherry they're all hillarious. The books is divided into different topics and sometimes further subdivided which should help you find ones appropriate to an occasion if necessary. There are quotes from Presidents to singers, actors and, lo and behold, comedians. A great mix for different tastes.

If you know anyone who tends to sway towards books like this as opposed to novels I'd strongly recommend it as a gift.... and then get one for yourself. :)

5.0 out of 5 stars A hilarious collection of quotations!, 27 Nov 2008
Big Bry "Big Bry" (Peterborough United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I'm a writer, and when I'm stuck for a line or witty retort, I have to admit that I have occasionally nicked the odd quote from this weighty work. It really is excellent value for money with hundreds of humourous lines that you can 'borrow' for dinner parties, speeches etc., or simply to amuse yourself. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars 3 years on and I still pick it up, 19 Oct 2009
I never read anything twice but I always keep this book handy. You'll smile at least once during a 5 minute scan and perhaps laugh out loud. Ideal for the loo!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Joke book ever., 30 April 2009
500 hundred odd pages of wonderful jokes. I thoroughly recommend this book. Read it! Good present idea, also.

5.0 out of 5 stars A mine of wit and wisdom, 3 Jan 2010
S. Miller (Somerset, England) - See all my reviews
You'll never be lost for words with a copy of this book, as there's something for everyone from teenage to dotage. The quotes/anecdotes are a mix of funny, oh-so-true and downright philosophical. With a wealth of well chosen words for any and every occasion it's an absolute "must have" for anyone involved in public speaking or presentations, business or pleasure.

Helpfully sectioned under main headings [such as Humanity, Sport & Leisure, Natural World, Arts & Entertainment, Science, Society, The Universe, etc.,] with heaps of more specific subheadings, it's really easy to find something to suit the occasion. For example, what better way to save face when you lose your place/clam up during a speech than to quote George Jessel: "The human brain starts working the moment you are born and never stops until you stand up to speak in public." A mine of wit and wisdom, I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Funniest Thing You Never Said, 7 April 2012
I. Ross "Taurustime" (London) - See all my reviews
I first picked up this book in the waiting room of a London secondary school and was quite disappointed when the teacher I was visiting came to meet me! I would have happily stayed there all day, reading this book. A huge collection of witty sayings and quotes from the famous and the infamous. Excellent travel companion.

5.0 out of 5 stars I read it, the kids love to read it too., 14 Jan 2010
D. Webster (Worcs) - See all my reviews
I bought it on the strength of the reviews I read. It was a treat for myself for Christmas. My two children,13 and both keep pinching it to read and then read it aloud when they find good quotes. Great book for lightening the mood and I would imagine very useful if you need to make a speech. Would make a good gift and I will probably end up buying more copies. I like the fact that it draws from all different sources from the classics to Harry Hill and Bart Simpson.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic collection, 10 Aug 2013
Where, and how on earth did she manage to find all these quotations? Read from the start, or just 'dip in'.

5.59