5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!
Published on 27 Sep 2004 by Bry

2.0 out of 5 stars Insightful but Frustrating
I've followed Rob's career ever since he was a member of Take That (Hey, I was a teenager at that time. Boybands happen to teenage girls!). Therefore I was quite interested in this book, especially after reading the customer reviews.
Published on 17 Feb 2006 by Kittiara

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 27 Sep 2004
Bry (Flackwell Heath, BUCKS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feel: Robbie Williams (Hardcover)
It took me all of three days to read this book. After Somebody Someday which took us through Rob's struggle through drugs, this book offers us an insight into the life of Robbie Williams, and you will laugh and cry in the same few minutes. It includes many classically funny moments, but also those heart renderingly sad struggles he has with tabloids. I would recommend this to anyone who likes Robbie as it feels as though a lot of it comes straight from the heart and although not written himself you can feel Rob in the pages. You'll love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't put it down., 11 Sep 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Feel: Robbie Williams (Hardcover)
As a huge fan of Robbie's music, this is the first time I have read any biography on him and I was hooked. This book not only gives a frank insight into the man and his music but it also depicts the world of high celebrity in a way which is, quite frankly, horrific. I defy anyone after reading this to wish to lead the sort of life that Robbie leads, despite all his fame and money. There were many times that my preconceived ideas about Robbie were shattered and if you were at Knebworth last year and thought it was the best concert ever (as I did) prepare to be disappointed about Rob's take on it. But, despite all that, I was fascinated. It is a very brave and honest account of a person who is obviously worshipped and idolised by many. I doubt that I will ever pick up a copy of a celebrity gossip magazine again without feeling a twinge of guilt. It is thoroughly well written by Chris Heath. Much of it brought a smile to my face, especially the completely appropriate ending. I totally recommend it to anyone who is remotely interested!

5.0 out of 5 stars Written more in the 'Now' than 'Then', 21 Sep 2004
This review is from: Feel: Robbie Williams (Hardcover)
Not a massive Robbie fan, but picked up the book anyway. I first noticed it wasnt just another biography, because the middle of the book wasnt stuffed with 'photos'. They where just dotted here and there throughout the book. I thoroughly enjoyed reading Robbies day to day life over 18 months, through the eyes of the author, who was invited to follow Robbie for his research. It is full of conversations with and about other celebs and what Robbie really thinks about Liam and Gary (Barlow). It also blew all the myths and lies about Robbie out of the window. Extremely frank and enjoyable read, the kind of book that grips you from page one, and that you just dont want to put down. I would recommend you read this book, whether your a Robbie fan or not.

5.0 out of 5 stars Feel - I almost felt I could!, 15 Sep 2004
This review is from: Feel: Robbie Williams (Hardcover)
This has to be the best book on Robbie ever!
Fron the moment I picked it up, to the moment I finished it, I laughed, I cried and I can honestly say, I almost felt like I'd known Robbie all his and my life!
A huge must for all those ex Take That fans too - the book charts Rob's feelings during those painful years with the band, along with what is unmistakably Rob's humour thrown in.
A great Sunday afternoon read for anyone who wishes Robbie would walk into their lives!

5.0 out of 5 stars The man, the myth, the truth..?, 19 July 2006
This review is from: Feel: Robbie Williams (Hardcover)
There are so many things said about Robbie Williams and as it says on the cover "The thruth is in here, somwhere"; I think it`s right

I read the book the day it came out and have read it again. It`s a strong story; very sad, covers the contradictions, is witty, honest and brave in its many ways - having a journalist put into print when your actually not being such a nice bloke...
It tells it all!!!

And as Chris Heath also focuses on the downsides of being famous, I even think it might be a book for those who arn`t Robbie fans

5.0 out of 5 stars It's a roller coaster of emotions..., 29 Sep 2006
This review is from: Feel: Robbie Williams (Paperback)
I have to admit that I was in two minds about whether to read this book. There is a lot of hype in the press about Robbie and in the end I decided that I wanted to know the truth. So I decided to buy it an find out for myself once and for all.

Well what can I say? I read the previous reviews that other people have written and was quite dismayed at some of the negativity. Consequently, I came to the conclusion of 'What book were they reading?'. Chris Heath's book is compelling and an excellent read whether you are a fan or not. From the first chapter I was gripped and couldn't put it down. It is rare for a book to be able to take you on a roller coaster of emotions. This book certainly does that, taking you through the highs and the lows of Robbies life and the world that he lives in. Any book that can make me burst out laughing and then a few pages later make my heart sink and reduce me to tears is a true test to it's author and it's subject.

Overall, an excellent read and I would highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars At last the real truth about Robbie!, 23 Oct 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Feel: Robbie Williams (Hardcover)
This is a fantastic book that really sets the record straight about every aspect of Robbies life. Very well written. Very funny. An excellent read. I will never believe anything written in a tabloid newspaper again!

2.0 out of 5 stars Insightful but Frustrating, 17 Feb 2006
Kittiara (Cornholme, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feel: Robbie Williams (Paperback)
For the first few chapters it really held my interest. The writing style took some getting used to, but the chapters were insightful, giving the reader a peek into the scary world of celebrity and being hunted by the press 24/7. I can only imagine what it would be like, especially to an insecure guy like Rob.
It all went downhill from there. More and more, the book seemed to focus on articles in the press and how untrue they are, how badly people have treated Rob, how insane his fans are... printing letters from admirers of his work and then dissing them, and so on and so forth. Not only does it get old after a while, it also seems hypocritical. The author seems to set out wanting to gain sympathy about how badly Rob is treated and how he is disrespected, only to go on and on in a disrespectful manner about many people, including those who love Rob's music (fair enough, some of the letters are weird but still, there is no need to humiliate people and it seems obvious they never gave permission for their letters to be in this book).
Furthermore there are so many errors in this book that I wonder if the editor was paying attention.
I had to force myself to get through the last few chapters, willing the book to get better. It didn't. And that, I think, is a real shame. It started off with such potential.
If you are looking for some insight into the world of modern-day celebrity, this book might provide you with that. If you love Rob's work, you might end up frustrated. And you might not like what you read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insightful and well-written look into the cult of celebrity, 3 Oct 2004
I. D. Smith - See all my reviews
This review is from: Feel: Robbie Williams (Hardcover)
I'm not really much of a fan of Robbie Williams, but I've enjoyed Chris Heath's work, primarily with The Pet Shop Boys, so decided to give this a go. It's a very well-written 'inside guide' to the life of a modern celebrity in our celebrity-obsessed world, with Heath's observations about fandom and the nature of celebrity being particularly insightful.
At times it's not as independent as it should be (too often it takes Robbie's side where one feels the opposing party - Guy Chambers in particular - could have been given a fairer hearing) but it's not a whitewash job either, which could so easily have been the case given that whatever was produced presumably had to gain the approval of Robbie Williams before it could be officially published.
It's a shame the author isn't able to say more about Williams new direction (reading the book you'd think 'Radio' and Robbie's new music direction was going to be a successful epiphany for the artist and his fans, when the reality, if 'Radio' is anything to go by, is pretty third-rate re-hashed B-side fodder) but there's enough here to explain the 'real' Robbie (as the author says, it's all there in the song lyrics) and give a revealing insight to the realities of being a celebrity in the modern world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Robbie, 30 Jun 2006
This review is from: Feel: Robbie Williams (Paperback)
I generally read biographies if the person intrigues me. I found this book to be at times very compelling, a brilliant insight into the world that is Robbie Williams, at times interesting, surprising and sad. After reading this book, it has taught me never to read an unauthorised biography again. I would recommend it to any biography reader.

Feel: Robbie Williams
Feel: Robbie Williams by Chris Heath (Paperback - 31 Jan 2005)