5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest Book Ever
I bought this book early on in pregnancy along with a pile of worthy academic guides. This is the one I've finished - in about 24 hours. The book made me cry laughing. It was hilarious, mirrored my own experiences and made me look forward to the whole thing. Thanks!
Published on 4 Aug 2005 by Karen.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't raise even a smile
Published on 5 Oct 2008 by V. Carlin

5.0 out of 5 stars Funniest Book Ever, 4 Aug 2005
Karen. (Lancashire.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: From Here To Maternity: One Mother of a Journey (Paperback)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read When Pregnant, 21 Aug 2005
I'm not a Mel & Sue fan but this book is fab, I read it when I was pregnant last year and found myself laughing out loud. I will now buy this book for any friends who become pregnant in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 Oct 2006
I am currently 25 weeks pregnant and thought this book was hilarious!

I laughed out loud at it from start to finish and found it far more realistic than any of the other pregnancy books I have read. I have a number of friends who are also pregnant at the moment and this book is being passed around them all!

4.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Hilarious!, 21 Feb 2006
By A Customer
I have never, ever laughed so much at a book!! My husband get asking me what was so funny as I was literally bent double in parts. It is truly hilarious and will hit home to any woman who is or has been pregnant. A definite read for all mums and mums to be!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 18 July 2005
Great book, I laughed out loud. I'm not even pregnant or ever had a baby, but I loved it. And while I'm on the subject, it's ashame Mel and Sue aren't on our screens any more. They were funny and intelligent, that's what our tvs are missing at the moment.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't raise even a smile, 5 Oct 2008
V. Carlin (London, England) - See all my reviews
I'm pregnant with my second child, and read the great reviews here. I wanted something that sympathised and revelled in the ghastliness of pregnancy. But you don't get any of that here - a couple of fat jokes, but most of it is the author's presentation of her wacky friends and NCT acquaintances - who are not very funny caricatures. I have to say, even mumsnet threads are quite a bit wittier and quite a lot funnier.

4.0 out of 5 stars Funny, 4 July 2013
Really enjoyed this book, was really funny and adopts a different approach to other celeb baby diaries on the market. Would recommend for an easy read.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful stuff, 9 Mar 2013
whether you are pregnant, already have children or just love Mel (from lunch with mel and sue ) this is a lovely journey to go on. really had me laughing out loud, so snuggle up and enjoy

4.0 out of 5 stars funny and touching story, 17 April 2011
This book is funny from the start, you can almost here her voice reading it to you. There are touching sections that set off tears but overall it is more of a funny read, definately one for your library case, even if your not pregnant x

5.0 out of 5 stars A book to make you laugh!, 17 Jan 2008
emjem (Wiltshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This book had me laughing and cringing all the way through, and when I had to put it down all I wanted to do was to pick it up again. I would recommend this book if you are pregnant or not, as it is a fun read.
I loved this book right from the beginning. It has quite short chapters as Mel takes us throughout the weeks up to the birth, talking about how she was feeling and what she was thinking.
This is definitely a must have book for your book collection!

From Here To Maternity: One Mother of a Journey
From Here To Maternity: One Mother of a Journey by Mel Giedroyc (Paperback - 7 July 2005)
9.49