5.0 out of 5 stars Another classic from Mr. Wallace!
I have to say that I'm surprised that some people struggled to get through this book as I found it un-put-downable(!) and read it in well under 48 hours. However, I found it did make me produce involuntary sounds akin to that of a squealing Pig at some very inopportune moments (on public transport etc.) and so I strongly advise you enjoy this books' more hilarious moments...
Published on 21 Jan 2009 by The G Man

3.0 out of 5 stars In which Danny Wallace's good bloke schtick starts to wear a little thin
I liked this book. I did, really. Danny Wallace is an engaging enough writer and his tale of finding his childhood address book and tracking down the 12 people in it (not including the Michael Jackson fan club, though that features too) is often amusing and sometimes touching. But....

The trouble is, after the wonderfully life-affimring 'Yes Man' and the...
Published on 10 Feb 2010 by A. Warmington

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Aug 2014
So funny and well written.

5.0 out of 5 stars potatoooooooooo, 27 Feb 2009
This review is from: Friends Like These (Paperback)
such a good book, first book i have purchased by danny wallace. full of laughs from the beginning

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great read, 13 July 2008
This review is from: Friends Like These (Paperback)
Another great read from Danny Wallace. Amusing and insightful without becoming too soppy. I even laughed out loud a few times.

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Excellent, 10 July 2008
This review is from: Friends Like These (Paperback)
Laugh out loud funny at times (I got some funny looks on my daily train journeys while I was reading this)! At others quite thought provoking. Danny Wallace tries to update his address book. Thoroughly recommended, even if you've never read one of his books before.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ever wondered "whatever happened to..?". Then read this book., 3 Aug 2008
Mr. Stuart Bruce "DonQuibeats" (Cardiff, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Friends Like These (Paperback)
Are you a man around the age of 29? Are you having a strange urge to find out what your old friends from school are up to, and are you worried that it's the beginning of turning 30-something? Well, me too. But now there's no need- you can just read this book instead. Danny Wallace has already done all that, in 2007, and his story is much better than yours, or mine.

Danny goes in search of friends, mainly from primary school, with a very loose premise of 'updating his address book', an address book he's found in a box of old school stuff his Mum kept, though this is just an excuse for a trip down memory lane.

He ends up in L.A., in Japan, in Germany, and around many places in the UK doing all the tracking-down and catching-up that you and I would be doing if we had the time and money.

As well as being laugh-out-loud funny in parts it really is very, very touching, and not nearly as superficial as the premise might have you believe- the book deals with the death of old friends, and explores the need to try and re-contact people and why many people feel that need but some people don't.

This book really will make you want to get onto Facebook or Friends Reunited and track down all your old buddies. I did and I have.

My favourite book of the year so far.

1.0 out of 5 stars Arguably the worst book ever written, 14 Oct 2009
PJ Donohoe "Peter Donohoe" (Stafford) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Friends Like These (Paperback)
I like Danny Wallace, I have read all of his other books and found them enjoyable. I had to give up on this book, I had to give up on this book as this is the worst book ever written. What should have been an entry on Twitter "met some old friends today", is spread over the pages of a book that will only appeal to Danny, or the friend that Danny is meeting up with. Dreadful book, really self indulgent and just not funny.

1.0 out of 5 stars Lost interest...., 29 Dec 2008
This review is from: Friends Like These (Paperback)
I've never read any Danny Wallace books before but a friend recommended this book. I found it quite funny for about 20 pages or so but the book struggled to hold my interest and I eventually couldn't care less if he managed to find his old mates. The whole book is very self absorbed and the more I read gave an impression of Danny Wallaces as being one of those annoying, forward guys who you want to leave but do not have the heart to tell him.

Not a book that I would recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dissappointing!!, 27 Sep 2008
I. Taylor "Ian Taylor" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Friends Like These (Paperback)
I almost set it down after 200 pages. But I decided NO... it will get better. It didnt, just rumbled on at the same old speed. Davina McCall describes Danny Wallace to be a genius- O dear, please.
NOT FUNNY!

Friends Like These
Friends Like These by Danny Wallace (Paperback - 3 July 2008)
10.59