5.0 out of 5 stars This book is amazing...!
Published on 7 Aug. 2007 by J. R. Thornton

3.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Fast Food Diet
Not much point in buying this book if you already have the High Protein Diet Book as there is a lot of duplication and once you've read that book a lot of what is in here is common sense.
Published on 16 May 2012 by ShadyJD

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is amazing...!, 7 Aug. 2007
This review is from: The New High Protein Healthy Fast Food Diet: The Effective Way to Use Convenience Foods as Part of a Low-Carb Diet (Paperback)
Easy to follow, it's all stuff you can prepare in a rush if you're lazy with cooking like I am. Even tells you what to go and get off the shelves in M&S if you're feeling extremely lazy. Most of it you can cook in a microwave. It also explains all the stuff about how if you keep carbs to a minimum your body goes into Ketosis or lypolysis - can't quite remember which but it basically means that you re-program body to start burning fat as it's main fuel source instead of carbs/sugar etc. Protein burns slowly where as carbs go through your system quickly. Therefore, you don't burn all of it and it turns in to fat and sits on your hips, arse, legs or wherever. This is a very quick and basic review of this book, the first review on Amazon I have ever felt compelled to write but I hope it gets the message across. I've recommended the book to so many of my friends and people I've met. It's similar to the Atkins but not quite as strict and you can still eat vegetables and some fruit, you just have to be more choosy about which and count carbs NOT CALORIES! I lost a stone in just over a month by sticking to it rigidly which wasn't difficult as you don't have to go hungry. What more can I say...!

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 18 Jan. 2004
By A Customer
I purchased the original Charles Clark High Protein Diet book in July 2003 after reading reviews on Amazon, thinking it would be 'yet another diet book'. I didn't really believe that I too could lose weight like those who had reviewed it. How wrong was I, 6 months later I have lost 41 pounds in weight. The diet is easy to follow, I am never hungry and it truly works if you stick to the general principles.
Am now reading this version which highlights the 'fast foods' which fit in with this way of eating, for those who have busy lives, like myself.
I would whole-heartedly recommend this book to anyone reading this, it really has changed the way I look and feel.

5.0 out of 5 stars The New High Protein Healthy Fast Food Diet: The Effective Way to Use Convenience Foods as Part of a Low-Carb Diet, 6 July 2010
This book is excellent!! a REALISTIC diet at last!!! this guy's a genious, i also have the High Protien Diet book by Dr Charles Clark, and I've just lost 10lb in 4 weeks in the easiest, most enjoyable, diet ever, whilst eating all my favourite foods to my heart's content, ok, so no bread or pasta or potatoes, but honestly you don't even mind or notice that, you don't need them, you're fulfilled already and also really happy at seeing the weight go, or rather the FAT go, I REALLY recommend this book and give it 100/10

3.0 out of 5 stars Healthy Fast Food Diet, 16 May 2012

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended., 22 Nov. 2013
Additional suggestions to support The Ultimate Diet Counter, easy to follow and to incorporate into family meals for the day.

5.0 out of 5 stars If Carlsberg did diet books...., 24 Dec. 2012
I bought this book on the recommendation of my Doctor, as my blood glucose levels were slightly high. After 2.5 months I've lost 2 stone (16st to 14st..6 foot male), and my blood glucose levels are back in normal levels and I'm feeling better than I have for years.
It is the easiest diet to stick to, but you MUST read the science behind it before you start, if you understand the science you will find it easier to carry out this diet.
Another tip, you can't cheat, during the weight loss period, I cheated one day during the diet, and although I didn't put on weight, my weight stayed the same for a week after cheating one day. Apart from that I've lost 2-3 lbs a week and found it easy to stick to, you can basically eat what you want as long as you watch the carbs and the banned foods.
Thanks Dr Charles Clark, definitely the best diet...ever.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 4 Oct. 2014
Joan C (Gloucestershire UK) - See all my reviews
Brilliant, of course it works, just need the NHS to catch up with the science.

3.0 out of 5 stars atkins diet, 17 July 2013
nothing to complain about just we already know less carbs quicker weightloss.if you need a guide to high protein diet this will help

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 3 Feb. 2015
Good Read easy to follow

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book, 22 Feb. 2010
M. Fisher (UK) - See all my reviews
good book, but did not tell me anything which I could not have figured out myself, e.g. eat meat and veg mostly when going out to resturants/fast food places. You would need to take book with you to get it absolutly right,as it is easy stuff to forget once you have read it, or know what resturant you are going to and jen up on it before you go.