4.0 out of 5 stars Concise and refreshing

3.0 out of 5 stars Stylish book appropriate for anyone new to the subject
Published on 17 July 2002 by Colin

4.0 out of 5 stars Concise and refreshing, 17 Jan. 2004
By A Customer
The book strikes a good balance between sex and emotion. The first chapter deals with the more spiritual aspects of Tantra, then moves onto male/female sexual geography. The book then deals with women/men and Tantra then "Solo Tantra". It finishes off with more excercises both spiritual and physical(dealing with some common problems too), including sensual food and massage. This isn't a "relationship book" and their isn't any social phsychology involved, its based on the premise of sexual healing..and i have to say as a man...it was a great start.

3.0 out of 5 stars Stylish book appropriate for anyone new to the subject, 17 July 2002
Colin (Manchester, UK) - See all my reviews
Tantra:the Art of Mind-Blowing sex is a very elegant, well put together book of a coffee table nature. In terms of content it is fairly basic - better than Suzie Hayman and many of the recent elementary level ones but of little use if you know some sexual energy magic . If you are interested in trying a tantric approach to sex it has some positive suggestions but you might be better off with the Complete Idiot`s Guide to Tantric Sex as it takes you much further towards ecstasy. I preferred Tantra: to both Cassandra Lorius` Tantric sex and The Muirs` book though there are some positive aspects to them... The best book on the subject is still Sexual Energy Ecstasy by David and Ellen Ramsdale if you can get your hands on a copy. Margo Anand`s book Art of Sexual Ecstasy is very long and at times tedious but does include the important bits towards the end. Mantak Chia`s Taoist sex books aren`t too bad either.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'd recommend it to everyone!, 5 Jan. 2007
Jessie (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tantra: The Art of Mind-Blowing Sex (Paperback)
My husband bought this book for me (for us, really!) as a Christmas present, and I must admit I was rather unsure about it at first. I knew very little about Tantric sex - other than that certain celebrities seemed to be into it.

What I like about this book is that it's written in an intelligent, thought provoking way. I felt I could idenitfy with the author, a journalist who originally started out with the aim of writing a cynical article on the topic, but who instead was so impressed by what she discovered that she felt compelled to write a book to recommend it to others.

Tantric sex is an ancient eastern art, there's nothing seedy or smutty about it, and nothing to feel embarrassed about either. The main principles behind Tantric Sex make perfect sense and there was nothing about it that made me feel uncomfortable.

As a result, sex with my husband has been totally transformed. Tantric sex is all about slowing down and taking your time - and this book teaches both men and women exactly how to do that. It's about understanding not only your partner, but also yourself on a deeper level. It's about making sex last, focusing deeply on all those wonderful feelings, relaxing and letting those feelings engulf you. It's incredible!

This is the only book on tantric sex I've read and there may well be other, better, ones available. But this one certainly worked for us. We're most definitely converts!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tantra opens new doors, 20 Aug. 2002
By A Customer
I had heard about Tantra and was pretty sceptical, the whole idea seemed a bit weird. But I also felt there had to be more to a sex life that was basically dull. Val Sampson's brilliant book has helped rejuvenate my sex life in a very real way. Fortunately, Tantra is based on ancient oriental practise so it no weirder than yoga ... in fact I feel sorry for people who don't know about Tantra. That is sad and wasteful. What I liked most about this book is that it put me at ease with something that I frankly felt very uncomfortable about and I'm reaping the rewards. I am not in a relationship at the moment and it doesn't matter. I have a brilliant sex life and am ready to share a brilliant sex life when my next relationship happens. The book simply and warmly takes one through the basic steps, nothing judgemental, just a superb writing style and excellently laid out. My hope is that Tantra becomes widely practised so that so many more people go around with big smiles on their faces. This superb book I think is the best of the ones I looked at and by far the best as an introductory book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nicely illustrated - tastefull, 3 Dec. 2007
Written with an easy read in mind. Written buy journalist - who went through it from novice to expert on the subject. Very interestingly written - not smutty very sensual - Love the writing very discriptive and passionate and soulful and real interesting mix. Should be a must have for any relationship and essential tool in any modern day relationship - teaching people how to really love one another .

5.0 out of 5 stars What you really want to know about tantric sex, 23 Feb. 2004
This review is from: Tantra: The Art of Mind-Blowing Sex (Paperback)
Summary: A very worthwhile read if you genuinely want to know more about Tantra.
Until I discovered this book, I had spent some months trying to find out whether Tantra was an excuse for group sex (not interested) or a means to higher pleasures (very interested).
Sampson wrote the book after experiencing Tantra herself and realising its potential. She concentrates on a description of the Tantric approach and how she felt about it and she provides many examples and views from others who have tasted this lifestyle. Don't buy the book if you are simply looking for nudy pictures - try a top shelf mag instead. I would suggest the book is especially beneficial for women who are nervous about trying Tantra - don't worry though chaps, there is plenty of material for us.
For me, it was the first time I had seen the subject presented pragmatically, objectively and with an injection of humour that hinted at the potential that Tantra could have for all of us.
It was sufficient to tempt me to try Tantra for the first time. Well done Val!

4.0 out of 5 stars Well it blew my mind!, 11 Dec. 2010
This review is from: Tantra: The Art of Mind-Blowing Sex (Paperback)
As an introduction, this book has served me well. Of course, for it to work, actual sex is needed! Ms Sampson's no nonsense descriptions made the practice more accessible and her human approach made me feel able to try it out. When I did, the sky was not the limit: I kept on going! Fabulous stuff. It might not be for everybody but as a gentle guide that doesn't take itself too seriously, it is one of the best books I have read on the subject. I enjoyed reading about other people's experience and I was pleased that Ms Sampson was brave and truthful enough to include quotations by people who hadn't found what they were looking for in Tantra.
I have found sex a difficult subject. And thanks in part to a kind and generous lover and to Ms Sampson's compassionate words, I have rediscovered this most glorious and delicious activity.
Try it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent introduction, 26 Jan. 2009
This review is from: Tantra: The Art of Mind-Blowing Sex (Paperback)
I have suggested this book to a good number of clients and all have found it an excellent introduction to the subject, and which has enhansed their relationship at all levels. Remains one of those valuable tools in assisting people expand their love life in more than the obvious direction.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 6 Jan. 2009
R. Andrew - See all my reviews
This review is from: Tantra: The Art of Mind-Blowing Sex (Paperback)
This book must have been reviewed by relatives to friendly to tell the truth. The book has no substance, and instead refers to quote, after quote, after quote of what people think of tantric sex, rather than writing about tantric sex. The book could be cut down to four pages, at best of content of tantric sex itself. I am sure tantric sex is good, but if you want to find out how, rather than read some one tell you its good, with out telling how to do it buy another book.

5.0 out of 5 stars It worked for me!, 10 Jan. 2010
Mr. S. Sampayo - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Tantra: The Art of Mind-Blowing Sex (Paperback)
This book is very well written and has changed things for us dramatically. We are very happy!

Tantra: The Art of Mind-Blowing Sex
Tantra: The Art of Mind-Blowing Sex by Val Sampson (Paperback - 1 Jan. 2004)