5.0 out of 5 stars Spot On!
I reviewed the original Moro cookbook less than favourably - I felt it was a case of poor translation of recipes from restaurant to domestic kitchen as it suffered from uneven spicing and some odd proportions. This could not be less true of Casa Moro which is now my constant kitchen companion - perhaps this one succeeds because it's what the two Sams actually eat at home...
Published on 29 Mar 2005 by Booksthatmatter

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Book For an Adventurous Cook!
I have only flicked through the book but must admit that I am unlikely to try most (or all) of the recipes as it seems to be for semi professional chefs and cooks.....however that's from someone who likes using his slow cooker and reading cook books from Nigella Lawson. I would summarise that it is for an 'adventurous and confident cook'
Published 15 months ago by Simon Rhodes

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me want to cook!, 30 Nov 2012
This review is from: Casa Moro: The Second Cookbook (Hardcover)
Choose this book after reading the reviews and very glad I did. Living in rural Spain and having developed a liking for the food means searching out cook books to use and this is one of the very good ones. The recipes work which isn't always the case in some books and the pictures are interesting but do not overwhelm the content.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cooking for real, 9 Feb 2012
This review is from: Casa Moro (Paperback)
This cookbook works, and all the receipes I have tried so far worked out beautifully. It is hearty home-cooking transformed by new ideas and flavours. Not difficult to do at all, just lots of fun with great results!

5.0 out of 5 stars moro moro, 16 Sep 2011
This review is from: Casa Moro (Paperback)
moro moro is the book you need if you like north african med area food its moorish!.Yes a good read, from Dave wilson in Scarborough

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful inspirational stuff, 15 July 2011
S. Harrowes (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casa Moro: The Second Cookbook (Hardcover)
Couldn't agree with the Adrian Weston more about Chicken Fattee; it is a somewhat laborious, totally easy and utterly fabulous creation guaranteed to make guests go ooh when you put it on the table, and then go very quiet when you put it on the plate. The marinade for lamb with red wine vinegar and paprika (despite the pain of grating onions) is also a winner every time - perfect for some nice little charred and moreish chops on the barbeque.

It's a wonderful book and one that I wish I used more on a daily basis.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genuin spanish and mediterranean food., 14 Dec 2007
Stone (Oslo, Norway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casa Moro: The Second Cookbook (Hardcover)
I'm originally from Granada. Can't remeber the times I've been my self at Las Alpujarras. The book it's beautifully written an the recipies are not adapted to the american or north-european taste. If you want really Spanish or Meditrranean food this is one of the best books you might ever have.
Might be also tru you find it difficult to find som ingredients. I feel free to change them. Just try to keep with the sort of fish or meat indicated in the recipe (meaning white fish for white fish, rock fish for rock fish, lam for lamb, and so on).
This review should also apply to the book nr. 1, though here pictures are better in my opinion. As I recognise the book nr. 1 is also a 5 stars I wish I could give this one a 6 stars!

Congratulations to the writers!

2.0 out of 5 stars Good Book For an Adventurous Cook!, 11 Jan 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars MORO, 20 Jan 2012
This review is from: Casa Moro (Paperback)
I enjoyed the first book. However in my opinion this surpasses it's predescessor. I found myself dipping in constantly as both my imagination and tastebuds were stimulated I found it difficult to put down. The first was a gift to me , this a gift to myself and an exceptionally appreciated one at that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Casa Moro cookbook, 26 April 2011
This review is from: Casa Moro: The Second Cookbook (Hardcover)
This is a great recipe book which I was thrilled to receive so promptly after ordering it. Needless to say I am cooking my way through it with great pleasure Casa Moro: The Second Cookbook

5.0 out of 5 stars Following a holiday in Morocco, 31 May 2009
Mr. G. Rogers (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casa Moro: The Second Cookbook (Hardcover)
My wife recently went on a walking holiday in the vicinity of the Atlas mountains; consequently she experienced, and tasted, the food of this region first hand. So I purchased this excellent book as a present, and now I am enjoying the fruits of her holiday experience by sharing some of the delights of that interesting country.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Food, Easy to Cook, 1 Dec 2007
A. Kuponiyi "Dele Kuponiyi" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Casa Moro: The Second Cookbook (Hardcover)
I just love Casa Moro. This is excellent, unpretentious home cooking at its best.

The food is mostly very easy to cook and always so yummy... I get hungry just looking through it.

The only problem I find is deciding which of the wonderful dishes to cook next!

ARRAY(0xb51e2f60)

Casa Moro: The Second Cookbook
Casa Moro: The Second Cookbook by Samantha Clark (Hardcover - 4 Nov 2004)
18.27