Format: Hardcover|Change

on 26 April 2004
If you have a body, you'll need one of these. It's like an owners manual. Beautifully presented, easy to read and impossible to fault. Thechapters show what food does for us, how our bodies process it and whatfoods are good or bad and why. There's a great deal of easy self-helpabout every day things likes colds and rashes, for instance. What yoursymptoms are actually trying to tell you and how running to the drugsshelf is doing us more harm than good. I can't recommend it enough.
on 23 January 2004
I originally brought this book hoping to find a reference for alternative remedies, soups for colds etc and discovered this and so much more. A well written and beautifully illustrated book explaining the effects of different foods on the body both positive and negative, making for an informative and pleasurable read.
0Comment|203 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 8 March 2004
I bought this book after seeing Dr Ali on TV & the effect his work had had on various people (patients,dare I call them?).I have had ongoing health problems for two years & no tests or X-rays,etc. have shown anything to be wrong with me.I am so glad that I bought Dr Ali's Nutrition Bible-it has really opened my eyes & it provides information that EVERYONE should be aware of.It is the best fourteen pounds I've spent in years-I could have saved so much money in prescription charges!
on 25 June 2005
This has to be the best alternative medicine book I have read and as a sufferer of asthma, eczema and digestive problems have found it absolutely enlightening. All the suggested "cures" are easy to make, all ingredients being simple and cheap to acquire. I've passed many of the tips in this book to lots of friends with various ailments and each one has reported an almost immediate improvement. Try his root ginger and organic honey mixture for a chesty cold - it gives instant relief. I even make up small pots for colleagues! You will not be sorry you bought this book - I promise it will be well thumbed through and put into practice within a short space of time. Thanks Dr. Ali!
on 23 August 2006
Having bought this book last week, I have only read the first chapter. Already though I can say this is the best book on nutrition and alternative remedies that I have read to date. This is no fad diet, but just practical and easy to follow advice on how to be healthy. Dr Ali has a vast amount of knowledge gained from working in many different countries and looks at health from every angle. It is nice to see a book that doesn't presume all readers eat meat, and he makes helpful tips to vegetarians like my self. I would recommend this book to anyone, regardless of whether they're a total novice on nutrition, or an expert. Definately worth reading.
on 11 April 2010
Clearly written, easily understandable and instantly able to put into practice the advice. I have personally found the information in the book very useful and reliable.
on 11 September 2012
Bought this book quite a while ago but I'm leaving the feedback now because I'm still discovering great advice, guidelines and tips for healthy eating and living. The recipes for relieving different ailments are brilliant. They work! A natural alternative to popping pills for every little malady.
on 9 March 2009
Loaned our copy of this to someone and never got it back.Haven't we all done this at sometime?!
Can't remember who we gave it to and so were forced to buy our own second copy.
This should speak volumes.
Would't be without it.Fantastic book.
on 7 September 2013
This book is something amazing, that is worth reading from everybody interested in healthy lifestyle and proper nutrition.
Thorough in its informative aspect, very well directed at the problems people may have with nutrition. Dr. Ali explains very well all the nutritional components giving insight on all kinds of foods out there and the diets that one may need in order to maintain healthy and nourished body.
I strongly recommend it.
The language is used is excellently chosen, and the chapters are structured and organized wonderfully.
Nothing much else to say except that I loved each and every page of it.
on 4 June 2012
My GP reccommended me to get this book. I'm so pleased I bought it! Easily readable and understandable. It's already helped me alot. Dr Ali speaks sense.