5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, informative and a conception success!!
Before reading this book I considered myself well informed on fertility. I had been charting my temperature for a year without trying for a baby as I had irregular cycles. After 5 months of trying ( and lots of ovulation kits)I bought this book and realised I was not charting accurately enough and missing out the other signs of fertility. On looking back at previous...
Published on 10 July 2004 by 16 weeks pregnant

2.0 out of 5 stars not all it's cracked up to be
I bought this book the 2nd month of TTC. I am now 9 months along and no pregnancy yet (apart from one chemical). At first I was impressed with the book as it explains clearly the fertility awareness method and this is useful info -and great to get you started. However, it is only now, looking back at what this book told me that I am horrified that I got sucked into this...
Published 16 months ago by Bert

‹ Previous | 129 30 31 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I wished I had know all of this 10 years ago!, 29 Sep 1998
By A Customer
Highly informative. Every gynecologist and obstetrician should give out this book to new patients.

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes you in tune with your body, 20 Aug 1999
By A Customer
I found this to be an EXCELLENT book. I refer to it often. As a TR patient I found this to be the best resource out there for those trying (or trying not to) become pregnant. I only wish I knew this method when I had my Tubal Ligation done at 23. I would never have had it done !! I wish more Dr.s would tell us about FAM (Fertility Awareness Method) so many unwanted pregnancies could be avoided and wanted pregnancies could be acheived! Helps you to become an educated consumer when it comes to our bodies.

5.0 out of 5 stars Explains everything!, 22 July 2013
This review is from: Taking Charge Of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement and Reproductive Health: The Definitive Guide to ... Pregnancy Achievement and Reproductive Wealth (Paperback)
I wish I had bought this book earlier on in our TTC time, it really helps you to understand what's going on and what signs to look for. It helped me see where I might have a problem, and so has armed me with knowledge to go to my doctor and explain what I think is wrong. It's easy to read and helpfully divided up. It would be nice to have more pictures, as the ones that are featured are very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book very informative a must read for all women, 18 Sep 2011
I purchased this book on recommendation from a friend. I found the book not only beneficial in recognising signs of ovulation to maximise chances of conceiving but also helped put my mind at ease making me more aware of my body and knowing what is 'normal' so to avoid unnecessary trips to the doctors.

The book is easy to read and not full of medical jargon.

I would highly recommend this book to any woman whether trying to get pregnant or trying to avoid it.

I am only on my second month of charting but already feel more positive about the chances of conceiving. I hope the charting will also help with the expense and stress I have been incurring in purchasing pregnancy tests that I now understand were not needed!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Quite technical but worth sticking with!, 20 Jun 2011
L Kemp (Staffordshire) - See all my reviews
Information that every woman needs to know. I bought this book to better understand my body so that I could be better prepared when I wanted to start trying for children. I am so glad I bought it and will recommend it to anyone who is either trying for a baby, preparing to try, anyone having problems conceiving or just any woman who wants to know what is happening with their body month to month! There is a lot of great advice and technics. The downside is the large amount of knowledge to follow and understand but if taken in bitesize chunks, is easily managed. The book does also require an element of needing to stick with it through the repetition of similar concepts, but this helps to better understand it and what it is saying is actually very useful. This version is the British version too with some wording changes and the temp changes to suit us in the UK.

2.0 out of 5 stars Rather disappointing, 12 Oct 2000
By A Customer
I had heard such good things about this book from American internet sites that I rushed out to buy it. Unfortunately I found it to be very repetitive- each chapter was so similar in content that the entire book was read in a very short space of time, and overall the book actually gave very little information that wasn't already available on most fertility/pregnancy websites. I'm afraid it was a great disappointment, and I would not recommend it to those trying to conceive.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Mar 1999
By A Customer
I hoped this book would help me get pregnant, after more than a year of trying, but there was almost nothing in it that I didn't already know. Sometimes there's just no fertility to take charge of, I guess. I find it kind of scary that so many women apparently don't know how to figure out when they're fertile and infertile without reading books like this. My grade nine health class learned this stuff.

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 31 Mar 2014
it's shame but i learn from this book as adult woman how my woman body work.
i am very pleased about the knowledge in it.
i feel it's not fair that from the very beginning of being woman most of us is mislead to the easy but hurting way - contraceptive pills.
i will strongly recommend this book for all ladies. knowing and understanding yourself it's wonderful feeling.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok, not much new info, 16 Mar 2013
I bought this book after reading all of the great reviews. For those people wanting to learn to chart but for those people who know when they ovulate this book may not be for you. VERY repetitive and not really anything for new for those not interested in charting and who have done reasearch before trying to concieve.

1.0 out of 5 stars Patronising, irresponsible and lacking evidence base, 1 Oct 2009
Weschler spends at least 20% of the text describing how inadequate and unenlightened the fertility doctors and medical profession are, and how if only they would listen to her, everybody would be pregnant within a month. She advocates putting raw egg white into the vagina to aid conception. She repeatedly mentions how when we were all young and silly, we visited the Dr every month because we thought we had a vaginal infection, when really all it was was fertile cervical fluid! If only we had known! She says that if a couple follow her method and fail to get pregnant within a few months, they definitely have a fertility problem and there is no need to try for a whole year. This advice is simply incorrect, and it is irresponsible in the extreme to prey on people when they are in the vulnerable position of dealing with fertility fears. She illustrates each point with trite, individual stories, 'Cathy and Mark had tried for 3 years, then they came to one of my seminars and 9 months later had a wonderful baby boy...' The fertility awareness method is excellent and can help a lot of people to conceive. This book is not a helpful description of it and the author's style is intensely irritating.

‹ Previous | 129 30 31 | Next ›