5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, informative and a conception success!!
Published on 10 July 2004 by 16 weeks pregnant

2.0 out of 5 stars not all it's cracked up to be
I bought this book the 2nd month of TTC. I am now 9 months along and no pregnancy yet (apart from one chemical). At first I was impressed with the book as it explains clearly the fertility awareness method and this is useful info -and great to get you started. However, it is only now, looking back at what this book told me that I am horrified that I got sucked into this...
Published on 3 May 2013 by Bert

5.0 out of 5 stars Invaluable, informative and a conception success!!, 10 July 2004
16 weeks pregnant (Scotland, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Taking Charge Of Your Fertility: The Definitive Guide to Natural Birth Control, Pregnancy Achievement and Reproductive Health: The Definitive Guide to ... Pregnancy Achievement and Reproductive Wealth (Paperback)
Before reading this book I considered myself well informed on fertility. I had been charting my temperature for a year without trying for a baby as I had irregular cycles. After 5 months of trying ( and lots of ovulation kits)I bought this book and realised I was not charting accurately enough and missing out the other signs of fertility. On looking back at previous charts, with the help of the book it was clear that I was ovulating most cycles but was missing my most fertile days. Needless to say 2 months later I conceived and our first baby is due at Christmas. Be prepared to learn loads from this book and to be initially slightly embarassed by some of the contents. Don't be put off by the amount of information, you can dip in and out of sections relevant to you. I passed the book onto a friend at work who is trying for a a baby and everyone had a peep. Despite some "eughs" (cervical fluid) everyone learned something. If you are trying to conceive this is an invaluable tool and may save an unnecessary referral to a fertility clinic.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - I swear by reading this book I became pregnant, 6 Feb. 2001
By A Customer
I was desperate to have a baby & tried for a long time & tried many different things. I was booked in for tests & a friend mentioned this book she had noticed on the internet. So obviously I thought I'd give it a go. Within 3mths I was pregnant & I swear it is with following the instructions laid out in the book. It is quite complicated at first but you get used to it. The book was well set out and explained everything easily. I would recommend it to anyone trying for a baby who is having trouble. I now have a beautiful 5mth old baby daughter & I thank God every day for bringing her into our lives.
I wish you all the luck in world if you're trying for a baby!!!!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Warning-this book is VERY effective!, 6 Jun. 1998
By A Customer
I bought this book after trying to conceive for 2.5 years and got pregnant in the first month. Each of my friends who have bought the book have had the same experience. I would recommend this to everyone!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Book for Conception ever written!!!, 10 Feb. 2001
By A Customer
Why, oh why had no-one ever told me all this information before? We had been trying for a year before I found this book and three months later I was pregnant. Sadly it was an ectoptic pregnancy (no fault of fertility awareness) but because of the information I have gained I know that this really is my best chance to being able to conceive again - and I plan to. If you don't know which fertility book to buy, buy this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book of all for fertility awareness!, 31 Dec. 2008
I studied reproductive physiology at university- have used Natural Family Planning (NFP) for years (which is pretty much the same as Fertility Awareness Method (FAM)), I teach reproduction at secondary school,and have countless books on fertility- and TCOYF STILL managed to teach me stuff I didnt know!

It genuinely is the best book out of all of mine by far- wish I had discovered it sooner! The pictures of EWCM help enormously - and the pics of cervixes (plural?) as most books give you only descriptions which are harder to recognise in reality- it is true a picture says a thousand words!

This is an invaluable book and I cannot recomend it enough, so much so I had to write my first ever amazon review for it!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Fertility Bible !, 5 Jun. 2000
By A Customer
This book was praised non-stop on a Trying To Conceive forum on the net. I had been trying to conceive for many months and decided to get this book as a last resort.
What a fantastic book - I can't recommend it enough to any woman - whether you wish to get pregnant or not.
I was amazed to learn about how my reproductive system works! I can't beleive that I didn't know much about how my own body works - this book is a real eye opener.
It's easy to read and understand and it doesn't make trying for a baby seem clinical at all.
I bought this book and was pregnant 5 weeks later ! Amazing book. Spread the word !

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this Book!, 25 Mar. 2011
I Love this book.

My husband and I have been trying for 8 months and with no luck, I saw this book advertised on a fertility website and decided to give it a try, and now on our second month of charting we have had that elusive 18 days of high temperatures. I have learnt so much about how my body works and how to understand my cycle that I am shocked that I didn't know all this before. I was able to understand why my cycle was late, pinpoint when I was ovulating (despite this being on day 20 and not the average day 14) and finally we are pregnant!!! I truly believe that without this book I wouldn't have the skills and knowledge to achieve pregnancy, other than with sheer luck on my side!!!

Fantastic book, fascinating, enlightening and empowering. Definitely a book I will be recommending and lending to all of my friends who ever try to get pregnant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wouldn't have gotten pregnant without this, 7 Sept. 2009
Like my title says, I really don't think I would have gotten pregnant without this book.

The advice from my GP was to concentrate on 14 days after my cycle began, but what I quickly learned from this book is that isn't true for everyone, it is just an average.

So after almost 2 years of trying without this book, I'm happy to say I'm now 7 weeks pregnant, having only bought the book 2 months ago! A little education goes a long, long way!

I can't recommend this book strongly enough, and really think it should be taught in schools that the next generation better understand their bodies.

What I would say is that although you can buy charting software from the company website listed in this book there are numerous websites that will let you chart your cycle for free online, which means you can access your cycle date wherever you are.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you only buy one health-related book - buy this one!, 21 Jan. 2005
By A Customer
Reclaim your body from the medical profession and the drugs companies! Charting is relatively easy to learn. You can buy software to track your cycles on your PC and there is a lively on-line community to support you practically and emotionally through the whole process. Once you've learnt how to do it takes about 3 minutes a day. You need to be committed to this method if you want to use it as birth control but it's not beyond the scope of most people.
If you think you might ever want kids then this book is a must. It will help alert you to any potential problems long before you start trying for a baby. If you do have fertility issues then the book is very encouraging and will put you in well-informed position as you set off down the road to spending thousands of pounds on diagnostic tests and fertility treatment (as we have, though with a happy outcome, as we are now expecting a child).
Most, not all, British medical professionals remain fairly sceptical about the benefits of cycle charting. This appears to be on the assumption that women aren't bright enough to read the signs their own bodies emit.... hmmmmm! Still, I'm hopeful that attitudes will become more enlightened in this respect as time passes. Just look at the shift to mother-centred childbirth from the on-your-back-and-in-the-stirrups stance of 30 years ago!

5.0 out of 5 stars should be required in medical schools, 20 Nov. 1997
By A Customer
I first came to know this book as a self help text for new found infertility. As a medical practitioner I thought I knew how the human body worked - all I really knew was chemicals and graphs. Weschler's text is logical and easy to follow. I have used my new "everyday" knowledge to educate my patients and I am now in tune with my body's signals. The sample charts and photos are abundant and an excellent reference. The flow of the text is constantly positive and self-empowering. She gives constant encouragement to readers to learn more, ask more questions of medical practitioners and stay in control of treatment and preventative health issues for women. This book would make an excellent staple in every household library for education of growing girls and in every medical office for patient education.