5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect antidote to all kinds of ageism
Published on 12 Jan 2004 by andrew simpson

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value
Bought for friend as a little joke as he was retiring, went down really well and very amusing little book
Published 13 months ago by marion lea

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect antidote to all kinds of ageism, 12 Jan 2004
This review is from: Growing Old Disgracefully: How to upset and perplex your children with increasingly erratic and unreasonable behaviour (Paperback)
I found this book incredibly funny. It was given to me as a present on my sixtieth birthday and it was just the thing to bring a smile to my face. It takes a wry look at all kinds of things that are all too often only seen as 'problems' of getting older and makes you think about them in a different way. I particularly liked the section on planning your own funeral so that you get the most fun out of it! And I enjoyed the fact that the book recognises that just because you've reached a certain age you don't automatically have to start developing a sensible, restrained sense of humour. I've given the book to lots of friends and am pleased to report it's been greeted with almost universal gales of laughter.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 20 July 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless junk, 4 Sep 2003
I hoped this would be mildly amusing, but it is desperately thin stuff of the kind that circulates on the Internet as jokes, and could have been printed as a four page pamphlet for 20 pence.