5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for beginners
Published on 31 Dec 2002 by Miss Chisholm

2.0 out of 5 stars Aaaagghhhh!!!!
Published 12 months ago by rudy12

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful for beginners, 31 Dec 2002
Miss Chisholm "Redmagda" (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Baby Knits Book: The Ultimate Collection of Knitwear Designs for 0-3 Year Olds (Paperback)
Having been familiar with Debbie Bliss's designs for approximately 3 years I was thrilled to have this book in my lap. The patterns are easy to follow and you can see a picture of what you're aiming for next to the instructions. The designs suggest usage of Debbie's own range of yarn, which in my experience does give the best results, however, the designs are so simple that you can quite easily adapt them to other brands. My favorite is a super design for a raglan pull over in a cashmere/merino arran which is heavenly and VERY quick and easy - great present for an unexpected arrival! The most wonderful thing about this book is that you can acheive a really trendy and professional result with very basic skills, there are other little projects which will test and challenge you. It even made me brave enough to try some fairilse!

2.0 out of 5 stars Aaaagghhhh!!!!, 28 Jun 2013
Why do I keep buying these books???? Why oh why can't we be given a PROPER look inside before we choose whether to buy or not??? I don't see why there should be a problem just showing pictures of all the knitting projects in these books. It's not like we can steal the patterns just by looking at the pictures is it??? But this is the 3rd book I have bought recently, only to get it home and discover there's probably only one item I would consider knitting in the whole of the book!!!. In this book, it is the sheep dress and shoes, shown knitted in a 50-50 blend of cotton and merino wool yarn, which to my delight (not) I discover has been DISCONTINUED!!!
To knit this dress and shoes now, to get the right thickness of yarn, (half way between double knit and 4 ply) I would have to knit it in baby cashmerino, almost doubling the cost of knitting the items!!!..... I GIVE UP!!........... I'm not buying any more baby knit books. From now on I will stick to individual patterns.

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Knits Book, 29 Sep 2003
By A Customer
This book is perfect if you have just started knitting with easy to follow patterns. Some plain and others that are a bit more complex, but overall I would say easy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simply and Special warning, 16 Aug 2008
Cy Reilly (South Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
I love the two Debbie Bliss books I have, Simply Baby and Special Knits. The instructions are relatively easy to follow but I found myself running out of wool in the last few rows of the garment, in the first patterns I used, so be prepared! Baby number two will be greeted with multi coloured striped cardigans but I will use the same patterns again.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good starter knitting book, 7 Sep 2009
There are many knit-able patterns in this book. Another great book from Debbie Bliss.
All very attractive patterns with the help of great photos!
Please note that alot of yarns required for these patterns have been discontinued, so make sure you know how to substitute yarns.
I particularly like the donkey baby suit!! so cute, that's on my list to knit.

3.0 out of 5 stars Could be better, 27 Dec 2009
Cecile Nguyen "miandering" (Sydney, NSW Australia) - See all my reviews
The patterns in this book are really cute, but are pretty basic. There's not too much in there that would challenge a truly advanced knitter, but nevertheless it's simplicity is charming.

A big flaw I found in the book is that the pattern I am currently knitting is incorrect, like they didn't bother proofreading it. They omitted to say they you had to knit two sleeves and there was a line where they tell you to knit, but it should have been purl. So if you were just a novice, it wouldn't be obvious. Also there are no pictures on the making up of the garment or how-to instructions on stitches and seaming which don't make the book beginner friendly.

There are no measurements indicated, so if you don't use the Debbie Bliss yarns, you wouldn't be able to be sure if your garment came out in the correct size. There's no sizing chart for the sizes either which I think is very disappointing.

The book however is very cute and could serve as coffee table fodder. However I don't recommend it for beginners.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Baby Knits Book, 11 May 2014
A good range of patterns I like Debbie Bliss and her style of writing and knitting patterns. Very useful to have on the bookshelf
or in this case in the Kindle

5.0 out of 5 stars Debbie Bliss, 31 Mar 2014
This is a lovely knitting pattern book and I've really got back into knitting because of it. Thank you Debbie Bliss.

1.0 out of 5 stars Really can't read the chart for alphabet quilt, 28 Feb 2014
I am trying to do alphabet quilt and although I have not done charts for a long time I do have experience. It is a beautiful pattern but not being able to read the chart on the kindle has made it impossible to do I really am disappointed also two of the symbols are the same which really does not make sense

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, 13 Jan 2014
Nice for my dob I always nite somthing now for my student and my shelf so I bay meny books her in amazon strong servis is good for my.

10.34