5.0 out of 5 stars An Exceptional Resoure for Creating Lasting Wealth!
I found The One Minute Millionaire to be one of the most innovative and helpful books on personal finance that I have ever read. Few people would fail to benefit from reading this book.
Published on 18 Jun 2004 by Donald Mitchell

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT RECOMMENDED TO THE NAIVE.
I have read this book, after reading many favourable reviews on Amazon.
I have several business degrees, many years of business experience, and I have read a lot of business books.
This is not a book for the sophisticated businessman, BUT for the entry level public.
Published 3 months ago by GUY'S BOOKS

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An Exceptional Resoure for Creating Lasting Wealth!, 18 Jun 2004
(HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
The One Minute Millionaire is actually a three part resource. The first part comes from the fable that is printed on the right hand pages of the book, which deals with a woman about to lose her children unless she can create a million dollars in 90 days. The second part is the material on the left hand pages of the book which analytically breaks down and describes the steps followed in the fable. The third part is a web site with tests you can take and other resources to help you apply the detailed learning on the left hand pages.
As I started the book, I was a little confused by the format. I tried to read the left page, then the right page, then the next left page, then the next right page and so on. Pretty soon, I decided I needed to stick with one or the other and the fable seemed more interesting than the details. So I read all of the fable and went back and read the details, and then went to the web site. I recommend that order for most people. The fable helps you feel motivated to change. Its details are provided in a way that is less threatening than the detail on the left hand pages. Then, feeling motivated, you'll rush to learn all of those other details.
The book gives the choice of making your million quickly or slowly, and then gives you lots of ways to do both. Naturally, almost everyone will want the fast route. These choices mostly boil down to starting a business, real estate and internet marketing. I thought that the sections on real estate and internet marketing were better than the section on starting a business. You get a brief summary of Robert Allen's best work on real estate and the internet in the book. So if you haven't read his books on those subjects, you can probably save time and money by previewing them here.
Everyone will need to read more, study more, get help and get active to follow this book . . . but you need something to kick start you. For that, it?s hard to imagine a better method than reading The One Minute Millionaire.
I always gauge a book like this by the number of ideas I get that I want to act on the next day. I woke up at 3 a.m. full of plans that will take me several weeks to follow through on. That's a huge return from taking the time to read the book. I hope you will find it even more stimulating than I did.
May you soon live your dreams!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Once in a Lifetime Book, 1 April 2003
M. P. Haworth (Gloucester United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The One Minute Millionaire (Paperback)
Just every so often a book comes along which can change your life. This is one of them.
From two experts in the marketplace of motivation and wealth creation, Hansen and Allen have come up with, in my experience, a great and unique blend of 'fact' and 'fiction'. They strive to acheive a goal of a million millionaires (one in ten of their readers!) in the next decade through this and in a way which will be 'Enlightened' - which means 'sharing' that wealth and path with others.
The 'fiction' (which I read first) gives the vision of just what can be acheived if your life depended on it. The 'fact' is a pot pourri of how to make your fortune (you really can!), all eminently do-able. You need focus and key people and desire. This all comes out strongly here. It is a fabulous book and I am starting to work out what my 'put everything else down and do it' challenge will be. If it matters that much, I will.
Minor challenge is that some of the property strategies are not achievable in the UK, but as the writers would say, 'What else could you do?', not, 'You can't'
On my 'Top Ten Ever' booklist.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!! So easy to make a million? Yep..., 22 July 2006
This review is from: The One Minute Millionaire (Paperback)
After reading this book you would believe so too, especially how a million today is easier to get today than let's say 10 or even 20 years ago. Think about it one way is to get a product / service and charge 20 per sale, you then need 50,000 orders (repeat or one offs) and you have a 1,000,000.00 or charge 97 per sale and get 10,310 orders or 250 get 4,000 orders etc etc How long it takes is not the issue, the end result is a 1,000,000.00 This is the thought I came away with once finishing the book. And you? Once finished reading what will your million idea be and how long will it take you to achieve it? The book is two books in one. The left pages are about wealth thinking principles and the right hand pages are about a lady having to find $1,000,000 in 90 days or lose her two children to their paternal grandparents using the wealth principles on the left handed pages. (I suggest to avoid confusion read the left hand pages first then go back and read the story on the right hand pages)You are griped wondering how can she achieve this and so find the book hard to put down once you start reading as can't wait to find out what happens. Does she make it, doesn't she? The story has a surprising double twist at the end! Well worth buying / borrowing whether into beleiving making a million is achievable or not. 5 stars ++++

5.0 out of 5 stars One Minute Millionaire, 6 May 2003
This review is from: The One Minute Millionaire (Paperback)
This book is a must read for every entrepreneur. I've read a fair share of books on motivation, self-help and entrepreneurship. This book brings everything you ever need to know in a wonderful story and one minute tips.
Other books tell you why you should make money and the steps needed. This book gives you all this information plus business ideas to put into action immediately.
I highly recommend this book to all entrepreneurs, self-help enthusiasts and even people currently going through difficult times. This book will entertain, inspire and make a huge difference in your life.
On the right side pages of the book, you will find an inspiring story of a woman named Michelle and how she has to make 1 million in 90 days to get her children back. The book shows in detail the steps she took to acquire the money - in easy to follow format that all readers can copy and adapt in their own lives.
I couldn't put the book down and I plan to read it again very soon!

4.0 out of 5 stars This one stands out from the others, 2 May 2003
Mrs. A. Stone (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The One Minute Millionaire (Paperback)
A unigue book split into two. On the right hand side of the pages you have the intriguing story of Michelle, after losing her husband she has to make a million dollars in just 90 days or risk losing her children forever.
On the left hand side of pages you have Mark and Robert's plan to help you become an enlightened millionaire in short lesson's. (Hence, the one minute idea.)
Michelle's story shows the enlightened millionaire plan in action, how she grows and learns to make the money she so desparately needs.
The plan has many ideas that have been around for a while, but it is refreshing in its presentation and the ideas are easy to implement into your own life.
This book is not only written for people who want to become incredibly wealthy, it shows how to enrich your life in many other ways too, for example positive thinking, building relationships and so on.
The only drawback with this book is that it is American, that means a whole section which describes making money in real estate does not apply to anyone in the UK. ( The system is completely different.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just about money, 17 Jun 2005
By A Customer
This review is from: The One Minute Millionaire (Paperback)
I found this so inspiring that I completely changed my life after reading it! Although it is about becoming financially rich, I used the philosophy - believe you can achieve whatever you want to - to change job, home and county. Read it and feel excited knowing you will soon be taking major steps to change your life...

4.0 out of 5 stars One Minute Millionaire, 7 Sep 2010
This review is from: The One Minute Millionaire (Paperback)
I thought this book was so good, I bought one for my sister as well. However, I don't think the title reflects the content. And I don't really think Brits are into all this "millionaire" aspirations as the Americans seem to be.

However, there are some really good nuggets of information in the book and, it also served to change mindset.

I would recommend reading the story on the right hand side all the way through first, and then re-reading the left hand side and completing the activities.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great story line combine with practical lessons, 9 Feb 2007
Karen Skidmore (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The One Minute Millionaire (Paperback)
The first thing I have to write is that if you are able to ignore the obvious Americanism of the whole book, this is a fabulous mind-set changing book on money.

A clever book, it is written as a fictional novel on one page and a practical step-by-step lessons learnt on the other page. And it really does work well together.

The essence of the story is of a Mother who has her children taken away from her on the death of her husband. She makes a bargain with her in-laws that she will raise $1 Million in a very short space of time. She finds a Mentor by pure chance who agrees to help her do it.

If you are looking for a quick fix to make money, then this is not your book. But if you want to explore how your beliefs and mind set can affect your potential, then have a play. Don't take the book seriously, listen to the lessons behind it and have fun doing it too.

I was recommended this book by a business colleague of mine, Christine Clacey and was so pleased to have been introduced to it. I read it from cover to cover in a matter of days!

5.0 out of 5 stars Two great works in one, 20 Mar 2010
Stephen Green (Uttoxeter, Staffs. UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The One Minute Millionaire (Paperback)
Ok I must admit that I expected a light read and a simplistic formula for success that implied a sort of get rich while you stare out of the window type of improbable scenario. This book however, is cleverly split into a left page or right page choice of reading. One half, the half I chose to read first, spells out a success formula which clearly outlines action steps. I read it and was impressed that it offered a neat step by step guide to success which has inspired me to seek out some further material from Robert Allen. However, I found my most powerful learning came from reading Michelle's story. Once I started reading it I really could not easily tear myself away and I don't want to spoil things but it has some surprising twists in the plot and is very memorable. As I say, I expected something lightweight and was stunned at this clever piece of motivational work.

3.0 out of 5 stars NOT RECOMMENDED TO THE NAIVE., 19 May 2014
GUY'S BOOKS (BEDFORDSHIRE, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The One Minute Millionaire (Paperback)
I have read this book, after reading many favourable reviews on Amazon.
I found some of the principles illustrated in the book interesting, in particular the need of leverage, to acquire wealth.
However, I believe that earning any important wealth requires certain skills acquired in business: accounting, marketing, salesmanship, finance management. I suspect that many naive persons, after reading this book, may try to flip houses, or sell books on-line, and end very disappointed, or even broken.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The One Minute Millionaire
The One Minute Millionaire by Robert Allen (Paperback - 31 Oct 2002)
7.19