5.0 out of 5 stars a down-to-earth, non-patronising guide to parenting
From the title, I really expected this book to bit a bit vague - well, nothing could be further from the truth! This is down-to-earth, and refreshingly unpatronising.
Published on 18 Sept. 2003

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't leave it too late
I was disappointed with this book. When my daughter was born, I was recommended the Baby Whisperer for babies and really found it helpful and informative.
Published on 21 Oct. 2005 by Mr. Mrs. C. Parsonage

5.0 out of 5 stars a down-to-earth, non-patronising guide to parenting, 18 Sept. 2003
By A Customer
Clear guidance is given on how to best approach the difficult situations we all find ourselves in ... and the descriptions of the main 'types' of children was enlightening - I have a 'spirited' child, who displays all the characteristics mentioned in the book, and was almost despairing of being able to get through to him!
I only wish I'd seen the first book when my son was a baby!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous wisdom and very helpful guides, 17 Mar. 2009
E. Stephenson (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secrets Of The Baby Whisperer For Toddlers (Paperback)
I stumbled on Tracy Hogg's first book The Baby Whisperer when my son was 6mths old. It helped me enormously as she really tunes into babies and their individuality. I love Tracy Hogg's baby-friendly approach rather than the harsh alternative offered by Gina Ford.
This book offers sound advice and has been very useful at the different stages of toddlerhood.
I cannot recommend the books enough - her advice really does work and I certainly saw the benefits within the times she specified. Some of the actions take commitment and perseverence but so so worth it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Baby Whisperer Fan, 6 Nov. 2009
E. Bradshaw (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secrets Of The Baby Whisperer For Toddlers (Paperback)
As a mum you will fall into three catergories:
- A Gina Ford mummy
- A Go-with-it mummy
- A Baby Whisperer mummy
I have two kids, a 2 year old and 7 month old and I have had both these books in the bathroom for crucial, quiet reading when I get 5 minutes. Listen to what your child is telling you and get a form of routine in place which can be workable and flexibile. Tracey helps show you the signs and behaviours and tells you how to act and what to say. All this enables you to be a Mum to your child depending on who they are as an individual. So no more robotic Mum manual, this is a guide to help two individuals work together. Hope you get some sleep!

5.0 out of 5 stars First class once again..., 8 Dec. 2007
LittleReader (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Secrets Of The Baby Whisperer For Toddlers (Paperback)
Having read TH's first book about baby whispering and following her E.A.S.Y style of parenting, I was anticipating a treat with this book and am pleased to say, I was not disappointed.
Juggling a (spirited) toddler and work, as all working mums will recognise, is no mean feat and I was feeling a little at the end of my tether in terms of what I was supposed to do in terms of boundaries and discipline (those cute little teeth sinking into my hand in frustration were beginning to wear me down...). I didn't want to be a pain in the ass to my little soldier but all my methods weren't working - I tried everything from ignoring the bad behaviour to getting cross and raising my voice to distraction and nothing was working! I didnt want my precious time with my son to feel like a battlefield and was finding it all very upsetting... Step in Tracy Hogg...
The brilliance of her theories and what stands her head and shoulders above the rest (especially the awful Gina Ford) is that she teaches you to teach yourself. She encourages you to take a step back, see the situation objectively and deal with it in a calm and controlled manner. She takes everything into account - the childs age, temperament, needs and personality as well as you're needs and temperament which can go some way into explaining why you have a particular situation on your hands in the first place!
Wonderfully accessible with easy to understand dialogue and ideas, this book (life saver) comes highly reccommended...

5.0 out of 5 stars The sleep advice saved our lives, 13 Oct. 2004
By A Customer
Our 10-month-old used to wake up at least twice every night, although most nights it would be five times or more. We were at our wits' end. I got this book and went straight to the sleep chapter, which described a problem almost exactly like the one we had - baby couldn't fall asleep without the bottle/breast in her mouth. The parents in the book took months to cure their child's sleep problem, but since our problem was so severe, and we were so desperate, we decided to make the commitment and follow the advice. It took three nights of the putting down/picking up method, and our baby (now 12 months) has been sleeping through since. Much of the rest of the book I didn't find interesting, but I give it five stars for improving my quality of life a million times!

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't leave it too late, 21 Oct. 2005
Mr. Mrs. C. Parsonage "milly1707" (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
When my daughter reached 'toodlerhood' I went straight out to buy the Baby Whisperer for toddlers. I felt it was too late. My daughter was already two and Tracey Hogg only deals with very young toddlers ie: from the first steps (9mths+) so most of the book wasn't of any help at all.
I do think the title is misleading - I would class a child as a toddler from 18mths on as before then, to me, they are still babies!!!
If you got this book early enough then it would be of use and help, just don't leave it too late!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Really useful book, 17 Oct. 2005
I was recommended Gina Ford when I was pregnant however I found GF to be too regimental. The Baby Whisperer is brilliant, it offers advice on eating, activity, sleeping, and your time in other words the EASY system. It works but allows you to keep the flexibility you sometimes need. Even if you slip away from the EASY system you can easily pick it up again with no problems. A lot of it is simple logic which you occasionally need reminding of. I definately recommend both baby and toddler whisperer.

2.0 out of 5 stars The victorian nanny, 26 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Secrets Of The Baby Whisperer For Toddlers (Paperback)
Tracy Hogg should read up a little on current principles in child rearing and psychology and develop a little human compassion on the way. How can there still be people telling parents to ignore their little ones when they cry in bed, or that breast feeding has to stop at a given (by her) age?

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy if your baby is over 6 months, 22 Feb. 2010
Yasemin Erdem (Ankara Turkey) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Secrets Of The Baby Whisperer For Toddlers (Paperback)
MUST READ..My son was 7 months old when I bought this book. Although I have read the first book of Tracy Hogg, after 7 months, your baby becomes a toddler. If you have a baby 6 months or older, should read this book. I am saying 6 months,cos as a mum you can't finish in two days, so allow some time to read! My son is now 8 months old, I started adopting the strategies in this book as he is no longer a baby but a toddler.Definitely very helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth reading for new parents to be., 1 May 2005
Having read a couple of the reviews on this item - it's clearly not everybody's cup of tea. But do we really need to know this?!
If you are soon-to-be-parents, not everything is as straightforward and as obvious as some people make out. If I'd have known about this book before we had our baby boy, it would have made things significantly easier - the sleep section in particular is worth every pnny of the book - some cracking strategies and scenarios - makes you remember you're not the only one having [if you are having!] problems!!!

Secrets Of The Baby Whisperer For Toddlers
Secrets Of The Baby Whisperer For Toddlers by Tracy Hogg (Paperback - 1 Aug. 2002)