5.0 out of 5 stars What a brilliant book
I attuned to Reiki a few months back and wanted to read a bit more into the subject. This book was the first out of the three I bought that I thought I should read and boy were my instincts right.
Published on 24 Nov 2003 by J. Semmence

3.0 out of 5 stars Western Reiki!!
A good read, I definately enjoyed it however must point out that this book relates fully to the western reiki and not the traditional japanese reiki x
Published on 25 Jan 2010 by Ms. S. Brewer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars What a brilliant book, 24 Nov 2003
J. Semmence (Oxfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Reiki And The Seven Chakras: Your Essential Guide to the First Level (Paperback)
Many Reiki 'Masters' dont go into depth with chakra information but this book explains everything you'd ever want to know. It tells you the myths around the chakras, what each one signifies and what can happen to the physical and emotional body if it is blocked in some way. It also has great exercises to do to try and free them back up.
The book also covers a bit of history about Reiki, its not indepth at all but it is enough (and unbiased) to give the general background. It also has many stories that author has encountered during his Reiki life.
I love this book, it is written with such love and understanding. I've just given it to my friend who is attuning to reiki soon and she is really enjoying it to.

5.0 out of 5 stars The only Reiki book you will ever need to buy!, 7 Jun 2002
By A Customer
REIKI AND THE SEVEN CHAKRAS is a book for the modern age. It is of course, firmly grounded in the disciplines of Dr Usui but by introducing the author's own life experiences, takes the reader on a journey through this ancient healing art, whilst maintaining a thoroughly contemporary focus.
All other Reiki books I have read, have chosen to limit coverage of the chakras to very basic information. Richard Ellis expands each of the chakras and in so doing, allows our understanding of the whys and wherefores of energy flow to grow, simply and naturally. This is essential, if one is to truly understand and integrate 'the beauty of Reiki'.
Paul Young's ground breaking illustrations, perfectly complement Richard's text, which with it's sections on REIKI IN LIFE and A MODERN HISTORY make this the only Reiki book you will ever need to buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent read. Perfect for 1st degree Reiki students., 2 Aug 2003
I am moving towards my 2nd degree Reiki and found this book to be perfect for my needs. It is very well written, like a friend giving advice rather than dull text book style instructions. It has helped me to truly understand more about working on chakras. I am pleased to say this book does not contain any of the Reiki symbolism (as per a promise kept to the Author's own Reiki Master) which I was glad about, as I personally did not wish to know them before my time.

5.0 out of 5 stars richards student, 27 Nov 2007
I first bought this book as a present for a friend a few years ago and thought I'd have a look. I can assure you this book has no 'dead people' in it, and works so well in explaining how fundamental the chakras are to Reiki. His book explains the history, the chakras and the associations with each so very well. Richard has since become my Reiki master and I cannot tell you enough how wonderful his teaching is. It's clear and easy to read and a wonderful all round book if your looking for your first Reiki book or just expanding on the chakras.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential guide for newcomers to Reiki., 14 July 2009
R. Phillips "rivoli6" (UK) - See all my reviews
Having just attained Level 1 Reiki, i wanted some literature that would provide me with a real insight and interpretation into the energies i was dealing with. This book was just perfect. The writing style suited me perfectly, but not may be to everybody's taste. Similarly, not everyone will agree with the author's interpretation of the Reiki energies and their effects etc. But the author does not preach his approach, and leaves the reader plenty of opportunities to explore their own interpretations. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book encouraged me to try Reiki, 12 Nov 2010
Having had a bad experience with a Reiki practitioner 5 years ago,I had dismissed the therapy in its entirety.However,when I came across this book based on Reiki and the chakras,I was intrigued.Richard Ellis writes with an economy of style which nonetheless manages to convey an enormous amount of information.He obviously knows what he is talking about and walks the walk.It made perfect sense to me at both the pragmatic and the intuitive level.
As someone with a serious illness,I then made an appointment to go and see Richard.I came away from the first session feeling dramatically better.
I would highly recommend this book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful and Interesting, 15 Feb 2010
Janice "Janice" (Aberdeen, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Having just been on a Reiki 1 course, I was keen to learn more. This book was easy to read and an excellent introduction. I found it pariticulary helpful in giving me an understanding of the Chakras. I keep it by my bedside and regularly refer to it.

I have no idea where one of the previous reviewers found 'dead people' in the book. I didn't come across any - and can only assume that we were reading different books!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 9 Oct 2010
A very good read. Richard explains the seven chakra's and the book is hard to put down. I'm a non but soon to be attuned Reiki student. This book will be a point of reference always. Overall a very good informative book. Also, the print has a larger font and as I now need glasses to read, it makes it easier on the eyes. Well recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars very informative, 21 Mar 2009
i liked the book very much and would recommend it. also it is easy and partly entertainingly written.
a must read before you start on your reiki-path.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, better than medication, 12 Feb 2013
Perfect, clear, consise, exactly what I wanted and needed. This book blows you away and has helped me so much it is unbelievable, changed my outlook on life and helping me to manage my pain mentally rather than the medication I am on, with the help of the book my medication has reduced it will never stop as after breaking your back and hving crushed bones in your spine your never going to be pain free but as I said this has helped.
Perfect for beginners to Reiki