4.0 out of 5 stars full of surprisingly simple, workable recipes
this is not the sort of cookbook I would normally buy, being rather an unconfident, though enthusiastic, cook who normally relies heavily on Nigel and Nigella, bless them.
My sister recommended it, though, and I am now completely sold on it. I have cooked several delicious dishes, all really easy and uncomplicated. The fish tagine, for example, is an amazing 'bung...
Published on 6 Jan. 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Yes but
I've eaten at the restaurant a couple of times, and loved it. I love Spanish food, and Moro's take on it is a real winner. And there are some recipes in here we come back to time and again (the carrot, cumin and coriander salad is just sensational and I never tire of it).

So why three stars? Well, just because we only ever cook three or four things. We've...
Published on 13 Mar. 2008 by Chris Widgery

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourites, 27 Sept. 2011
This review is from: The Moro Cookbook (Paperback)
I bought this cookbook a couple of years ago and I still get it down off the shelf and find new ways of doing things in it. The recipes are tasty and colourful. I love the layout of the book and the images. I also have the other Moro cookbook which was so good I took the risk in buying this one. I have not been disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful - like a breath of fresh air!, 22 Jun. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: Moro The Cookbook (Hardcover)
I wholeheartedly recommend this book; Sam & Sam Clark have pulled together a delightful range of dishes that taste great. Having lived in Spain for part of my life I believe the majority of Spanish dishes from this book taste superior to what is often served in Spain!
Thank you for an exciting and original book that I will treasure forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Muy bien, 1 Feb. 2015
This review is from: The Moro Cookbook (Paperback)
I have always loved Andalucia and its food. This book is so passionate just like the region it is representing and is a great for the home classics i know and love as well as many others that i don't. The other recipes from outside Spain look just as enticing. Muy Bien, muy rico.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, earthy, inspirational..., 3 Dec. 2008
This review is from: The Moro Cookbook (Paperback)
This is a marvelous book, of a kind very rare amongst the glut of cookbooks. It is a book that has a feel all of its own, and that feel is earthy and flavoursome. You can almost smell the paprikan, garlic and cumin coming off the pages.

The slightly loose style of the recipes is excellent - this is a book that is really meant to be cooked from, rather than simply to be looked at - and the range of dishes is great.
The vintage photos between sections are a nice touch too.

Over all there is a very genuine feel of passion from the book's authors - they do care about this food; they have genuinely been inspired by things eaten in wayside eateries in Spain and Morocco...

My first reaction on seeing this book is one that still stands several years later: I was instantly reminded of the original River Cafe Cookbook, a seminal pulication in the cookery writing world...
Moro is for authentic, unpretentious Spanish and Moroccan fare what the River Cafe Cookbook was for the Italian equivalent...
Excellent!

5.0 out of 5 stars Morofthisplease!, 30 Aug. 2009
Lesley Rush (Salisbury, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Moro Cookbook (Paperback)
This must be the best cookbook I've ever had!! Although some of the ingredients are not found on your average supermarket shelves, I've found most of what I've needed via the Internet. All the recipes I have made from this book have been thoroughly enjoyed by friends and family - in fact many of them have now gone out and bought the cookbook for themselves. The recipes are easy to follow, but are more aimed at people who (like me!) love and are interested in their food. I've now got all three of the Moro cookbooks, though this is my favourite. In fact, I've just had to buy another copy as my brother has just taken the original one back to Australia with him!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great food that really works ..., 28 Sept. 2011
B. Odermatt "BioBenne" (Cambridge UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Moro Cookbook (Paperback)
We have been to the restaurant a while ago and food was good but quiet expensive ... now with the book whatever page we open of it (mostly by random choice for us) the recipes are all very appealing, there is a great variety in them, its possible to find the ingredients, they are quiet easy to prepare, and most important of all they taste great. We have a lot of cooking books already (other very good ones as well, like Ottolenghi or From Nose to tail) but both of us (my wife and I) are glad we got this one as well, and gave it as a present to quiet a few of our friends already. What I like about the MORO coock book in addition is that you don't really need to stick to the recipe word by word, they also can just give you some great inspiration, for trying and combining things ... therefore I can 100% recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Facinating, 17 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Moro The Cookbook (Hardcover)
Wonderful (and accessible) recipes; and the photography (both of the food and of the street scenes in various Mediterranean countries) are a treat for the eyes. A fascinating journey to the many culinary treasures of the Moorish lands.

5.0 out of 5 stars The essence of the Med in your own kitchen, 19 Sept. 2001
By A Customer
This review is from: The Moro Cookbook (Paperback)
For vegetarians and carnivores alike, this book enables you to recreate the flavours and combinations that evoke the gastronomic delights of a great holiday. Even if you do not indulge in the recipes, just by reading; this book transports you back to the Med reminding you of the smells, sounds, feelings and sheer enjoyment of the restaurants visited on those balmy days and sultry evenings.
By following the relatively simple but delightful recipes you are rewarded majestically. It is as if you have been honoured with 'Grandmothers own secret ingredients' that have baffled and confused us for years, as we try in vain to recreate those tastes and smells of childhood.
That is what makes this book so stunning, the ingredients - many ordinary and some verging on down-right boring are transcended to another plain by the simple addition of 'that lttle something extra'. These magical ingredients are kept secret no longer, all suppliers - with phone numbers- are generously listed; enabling the most humble cook blossom into a gourmet par excellence.
If, however, cooking just isn't your thing, read Moro anyway and before you know it; you'll be making a reservation at the restaurant Moro; reawakening and indulging your taste-buds while someone else does the washing up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Moro, 13 Nov. 2009
This review is from: The Moro Cookbook (Paperback)
If you are looking for something different to wow your dinner guests then get yourself a Moro cook book. Easy to follow recipes and even a list of stockists for the ingredients. You can't go wrong.

3.0 out of 5 stars Moro cookbook, 8 Jan. 2015
This review is from: The Moro Cookbook (Paperback)
I bought this because I had tried a monkfish recipe from it that was featured in a magazine some years ago. Having read the whole book, I'm not sure I will make any of the other dishes.

The Moro Cookbook
The Moro Cookbook by Samuel Clark (Paperback - 6 Mar. 2003)