4.0 out of 5 stars A book to return to again and again
This highly practical book seeks to motivate readers to raise the quality of their personal and business lives. By focussing on - and changing - bad habits, setting ourselves goals, and identifying our true purpose, we can achieve success and fulfillment.
This is not a book to be read once and then shelved; there is just so much to absorb. Each of the 10 chapters...
Published on 5 Jan 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected a little more...
Book seems to ironically lack some of its source material. There's nuggets though and maybe that's enough. Considering who it's by and the potential audience, it really should have been great.
Published on 9 Dec 2012 by Sion Smith

4.0 out of 5 stars Sets things straight, 24 April 2011
This review is from: The Power Of Focus: How to Hit Your Business, Personal and Financial Targets with Absolute Certainty (Paperback)
In this, Jack has done something that he should be proud of but unlike his last book I read, I felt this one went on a little too much. I am not one to read a book over and over again so expect to be able to absorb the contents in one read, but I feel with this book it has to be read over a few times for things to be absorbed, that is my only gripe. On the plus side, it is well written and I like Jack's style.

5.0 out of 5 stars simply as good as you can be, 1 April 2011
the book is simply great, it empowers you to take on life and try your best. I've given this book out as presents to several people I appreciate, but at the end of the day I've noticed that the book is only as good as your own self-belief and will power, discipline and your perception of the world around you. I highly recommended it. I read it when I was 23yo and it gave me a big push in the right direction. Thanks to my ex-boss, partner and friend C.Z. and his mentoring and his contribution to my life.

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected a little more..., 9 Dec 2012
Sion Smith (Canterbury UK) - See all my reviews

2.0 out of 5 stars Too American for my liking, 10 Aug 2012
Dropped the book after 2nd chapter - same obvious things repeated over and over again with a slightly different wording. After reading 2 chapters had nothing to digest - it was all about 'how important to be focused' instead of 'how to get focused and why some of us can't'. It was not a psychological insight I hoped for, just a bit of very american fluff about power of focused thinking. But then, it's all in the title 'Power of Focus'... which is all about how important to have it and how lost we are without it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Adequate, 6 Aug 2007
First published in 2000. An old book already. This book has some good pointers to put you on the right tracks. However I dont believe it is as good as the other reviewers are saying it to be. Must be self marketing from the makers of the book. Why not?! It is a decent supplement to my collection of self help success books, as Jack Canfield is a good mentor to learn from, however I can't say it was a great read that got me all enthusiastic but it is more of a book that offers practicality. I have read two other books before this and to me, the power of focus was the weaker in terms of easy to read and fun. Not saying it is difficult, requiring a high IQ or anything. However some information in the book I have come across before. Starting to think if you read a good self help book on success you've read them all. Some parts of the book is to be honest...boring. Especially the tasks or checklist you have to do daily to know that you have a balanced day. It certainly doesn't teach you about what business to go in whether they recommend real estate etc. For entertainment it lacks. As I mentioned it probably ok for practical, as in improving all aspects of life. However the writing style is a little boring and layout of book is basic like your reading a novel. Again am comparing to my first two books I have read. To sum it up dull but practical, this book certainly needs the Power of Focus to read it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 Nov 2008
Luca Spiller (Exeter, Devon, England) - See all my reviews
I am a student at university and am trying to get organised, ready for the real world. I bought this book as a spur-of-the-moment type thing as I read a review saying it has good tips on being productive.

So far I have read the first chapter. I like the fact that it isn't just instructions of what to do, text is split up by thoughts of people on the topics being discussed. It also provides detailed instructions of their method, as well as templates to fill out to help you follow along.

The ideas taught in the book seem good. It teaches you to make a habit of changing your habits for the better. It also seems down to earth, you don't need anything special to put into practice what they are teaching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highy Motivational, 26 Dec 2009
Good material recommended for those who seek a productive change in their personal and professional lives.

this is leadership stuff; followers back off! this book will rock your boat and challenge your peanut brain to think Big!

dare it and you will see what i am talking about; if you haven't seen it you haven't read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone should read this book, 23 Feb 2014
This book is full of eye opening advice that you will wish you had known sooner. Buy it and don't delay reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roda, 15 Oct 2013
One of the best books I have ever read. The power of focus hit my personal target and boost up my confident. You must read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy Getting one, 30 May 2013
My focus on my goals was wearing down hence I bought book to ignite my focus again. Was not disappointed.

Used & New from: £0.01