5.0 out of 5 stars Look out Delia, sexy baking is here!
Published on 29 July 2000

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing
Published on 27 Oct. 2003 by Botanique

5.0 out of 5 stars Look out Delia, sexy baking is here!, 29 July 2000
This review is from: The Little Red Barn Baking (Paperback)
I bought this book because I love the brownies, but it is packed with so much more. It made me realise just how staid and stuffy most baking books are. Like most cookbooks these days it is has lots of excellent food photography BUT it also has figures ski-ing down the whipped cream and Cowboys rounding up cup cakes, not to mention what looks like most of the author's family and friends. The real test of any cookbook is in the baking: my favourites so far Coconut Cream Pie (a heavenly fluffy creamy thing, like nothing I've ever tasted before), Peanut Butter Brownies (take the idea of 'rich' food to another level) and Caramelised Onion Tarts (yes there are some savoury recipes too, but they're at the back!) I can't wait to try some more. So far I've found all the recipes really easy to follow, and the results have given me the confidence to even give the Cinnamon Buns a try, (I always find anything with yeast in a bit scary), if they taste as good as they look in the picture I'm on my way to heaven.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my most useful cook books, 10 May 2005
This review is from: The Little Red Barn Baking (Paperback)
I am ashamed to admit I have hundreds of cookbooks, but I find myself constantly returning to 'The Little Red Barn Baking' Book. The carrot cake is amazing, the banana bread is my most regular recipe, the brownies are great, the sugar cookies perfect. So many of these recipes are becoming a family 'tradition' in my house that I feel quite sentimental about it. Buy it, make the recipes, your children will love you forever!

5.0 out of 5 stars Please sir, can I have some more?, 25 Aug. 2000
This review is from: The Little Red Barn Baking (Paperback)
I have bought the ready made brownies from Sainsburys before and absolutely love them. I was a bit unsure about my attempt at making some of my favourites, but was plesently surprised at my finished results. The book is easy to follow and features everyday ingredients which you can pick up anywhere. This books is a must for any cake fan!

5.0 out of 5 stars Tasty book!, 25 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Little Red Barn Baking (Paperback)
Bought on a whim but love this book. Lovely recipes, superior to some other cook books in my collection do a happy addition.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 17 Mar. 2013
This review is from: The Little Red Barn Baking (Paperback)
I love this book. I bought it as a gift as I already have it and the recipes are much admired by all

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 27 Oct. 2003
This review is from: The Little Red Barn Baking (Paperback)
The author makes a point of expressing her belief that some degree of individuality is useful in baking. She suggests changing ingredients as an example just to test different outcomes. I'd be a little wary of her recipes as proposed. She suggests that 16 to 20 minutes at 170C is enough to bake her famous brownies. Well the result is not suprisingly a half baked mass. The banana bread recipe is good and turns out nicely but otherwise, there are better books out there if your are looking for American comfort food.

5.0 out of 5 stars Scrummy, yummy and good for your tummy, 25 Aug. 2000
This review is from: The Little Red Barn Baking (Paperback)
Being a fan of all things naughtly but nice, I decided, having seen a review in The Independent, that I would have a go at baking myself. The results were fantastic, but alas my Vegan partner could not join in with my glee. Never mind...more for me!

The Little Red Barn Baking
The Little Red Barn Baking by Adriana Rabinovich (Paperback - 26 Jun. 2000)
Used & New from: £0.01