5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest 'Little Book' ever.
This parody of the dreaded 'Little Book Of Calm' had me laughing out loud from start to finish. I've bought copies of it for loads of friends and I've yet to come across anyone who hasn't found it hilarious. If you're looking for something to cheer yourself up, or for a gift that's bound to be appreciated, then look no further. And all for less than two quid!
Published on 26 Oct 2000

3.0 out of 5 stars "Laughter is the worst medicine."
Following hot on the heels of The Little Book of Calm, the Little Book of Stress is the perfect antidote for everyone who finds all that calmness, well, just a little bit annoying.

Published on 27 Oct 2011 by Nicola Hardy

5.0 out of 5 stars The funniest 'Little Book' ever., 26 Oct 2000
By A Customer
This review is from: The Little Book Of Stress: Calm Is for Wimps, Get Real, Get Stressed (Paperback)

4.0 out of 5 stars "Stress is a meditation for realists", 18 Jan 1999
By A Customer
A great little book. An humourous parody of all the the other 'little books' of self help mumbo jumbo...
well worth a read. Published in 'little book format' each page delivers an insightful quote on how to introduce stress into your life and the lives of others... An original pick me up!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sarcastic humour. Always a stress buster., 15 Nov 2000
By A Customer
Work is stressful enough. I keep this little book out on my desk as a reminder to not take things too seriously. If for some reason I don't chuckle at the first random suggestion I pick, I always laugh at the second. A great gift for any busy person.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little book, 26 Oct 2010
I bought this book for my wife so she could read it on the morning of our wedding. It is absolutely perfect for the stressed out bride. It arrived in good time when I ordered it and was the perfect gift. I will add this wasn't all I gave her. ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars Everyone Needs To Read This Book, 8 Nov 2001
By A Customer
I laughed so hard when I read this book. He must live in Houston! The sections in regards to driving were perfect. I even laughed when I saw myself in the pages. Thanks for the smile.

5.0 out of 5 stars When you are feeling stressed and wonder why, 15 May 2014
L. Sherlock - See all my reviews
I took this on a coach journey and quite annoyed my mum who was sitting next to me because I kept reading bits out and laughing my head off (this deserves an entry in the book!) I love the way it is written, I don't understand why anyone wouldn't find it funny but it really strikes my funny bone! It is actually the Little Book of Calm in a reverse psychology sort of way. Brilliant.

3.0 out of 5 stars "Laughter is the worst medicine.", 27 Oct 2011
Nicola Hardy (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)

This pocket-sized parody contains just over 150 aphorisms designed to help the reader generate as much stress as possible in their life. As you'll see from the examples below, there really is something for everyone.

For workers: "Don't delegate. They'll only do it wrong."
For those seeking employment: "Get a job writing junk mail."
For parents: "Do the weekly shop in a big supermarket on a Saturday morning. Take your children with you. If you haven't any children of your own, borrow some."
For children: "If Einstein was correct and everything is relative, then it's all your parents' fault. Blame them as often as you can."
For everyone: "Why meditate when you can worry? Worrying is meditation carried out by realists."

Fun to browse through and great as a gift, this little book should, of course, be read with your tongue stuck firmly in your cheek. And if you don't like it, you can always throw it at someone ...

1.0 out of 5 stars Little book of stress., 29 Jan 2014
Purchased as a "stocking filler" - what a let down. Complete and utter rubbish, have sent it to the Charity shop, perhaps
there's someone out there who will appreciate it, Uranus maybe?

5.0 out of 5 stars Short, small and funny!, 19 Jan 2014
To go with others of the series, this is well worth the price. It's amusing and NOT to be taken seriously! Great stocking filler. The one about the best time to do your shopping will ring true with lots of us! Go on, have a laugh!

4.0 out of 5 stars Present, 11 Jan 2014
I bought this as a Christmas present for my boss. He said he loved it and randomly kept looking into it ;-)

The Little Book Of Stress: Calm Is for Wimps, Get Real, Get Stressed