5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely essential for everyone.
Published on 29 Dec. 2001 by J. Watts

3.0 out of 5 stars Damaged in the post
I was looking forward to receiving this cook book as I had used my son's for many years and thought it was about time he got it back! I was however very disappointed that it arrived with a very damaged top of the spine. The inside is as described. I am assuming that it happened in the post as it came in an envelope and not in the sort of hard cardboard that Amazon...
Published on 6 Mar. 2013 by Mrs S

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely essential for everyone., 29 Dec. 2001
J. Watts "jubblyjules" (London,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: "Good Housekeeping" New Step-by-step Cook Book (Hardcover)
This book should undoubtedly have 5 stars. If you're not sure which cookbook to buy then this is it. It has a fantastic picture index in the front which makes it quick and easy to pick a dish you wish to cook. Then, when you turn to the relevant page there are more pictures and explanations...none of this business that some other cook books have, where you have to guess how the finished product should look! My Mum bought me a copy of this book about 5 years ago and has always wanted one of her own ever since, this Christmas I finally managed to locate one on this website - and an updated version at that! The cooking actually comes out like the picture! This book has so many receipies, encompassing all foods - it's great.I've tried about 20 so far, where as with all other cookery books I've bought, I'm lucky if I do 3! There are vegetarian dishes also but I was so impressed with this book, that I'm going to order the veggie book also.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for every serious but busy cook, 17 May 2001
This review is from: "Good Housekeeping" New Step-by-step Cook Book (Hardcover)
I am ordering this book because the copy I was given in 1993 is falling apart! It's the first book I turn to for good, reliable, imaginative but not elaborate dishes. When I want to concoct a delicious dish for friends on Friday night, after work, after squeezing in Sainsburys, after putting the kids to bed......this book's my bible. Many of my husband's favourites came from this book - Chicken with lemon and sage, Chicken with spicey tomato sauce, smoked mackerel pate and lots of other gems. If you like Delia, Katie Stewart, Josceline Dimbleby, and (bless her) Marguerite Patten, and aspire to Gary Rhodes, Jamie Oliver etc... (but only rarely have the time - and let's face it who ever really orders sausage skins in advance from their local butcher to make - probably delicious - home made steak and kidney sausages) then this will sit very happily on your shelf.

5.0 out of 5 stars It does exactly what it says on the cover!!, 21 Nov. 2000
This review is from: "Good Housekeeping" New Step-by-step Cook Book (Hardcover)
"Good Housekeeping" Step-by-step Cookbook enables all of us to create any of the 750 delicious recipes detailed in the book. It is brilliant for young couples just married as it provides helpful hints on all aspects of cooking from handling meat to cooking eggs!! A great buy for any budding chef.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cookery book, 7 Feb. 2009
R. A. Harris - See all my reviews
This review is from: "Good Housekeeping" New Step-by-step Cook Book (Hardcover)
This is simply the best all round cookery book I have. I bought this copy for my Son - it's that good.

Lots of pictures and clear easy recipes. Easy to follow.

This cookery book has never let me down no matter what information or inspiration I needed. Everyday cooking or fine dining this serves the lot.

This is a cookery book I take out at least once a week and even just read for fun.

Can't cook? Buy one.

Don't cook - Buy one.

Expert cook - Buy one - you will still find inspiration here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic for the new and nervous cook., 21 Nov. 2000
This review is from: "Good Housekeeping" New Step-by-step Cook Book (Hardcover)
Everyone needs one, the classic cookbook that sits on your shelf and provides an essential reference guide for that first venture into the kitchen. Clearly laid out with a coloured photo index at the begining, this is the book for those one step on from one pot cooking. In the great Good Housekeeping way, it firmly takes you step-by-step through everything you need to know to produce stunning dishes. Fully illustrated, your mouth waters simply by turning the pages!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Housekeeping New Step-by-Step Cook Book, 10 Aug. 2009
J. Lansdell-Smith (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: "Good Housekeeping" New Step-by-step Cook Book (Hardcover)
This is a very simple way to follow what are good down to earth recipes. there are also intructions on how to make things such as birthday ackes for children and very smart cakes for weddings etc. I think that having pictures of how to make the recipes helps to make them even easier to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suitable for a beginner or an experienced cook, 4 Nov. 2009
This review is from: "Good Housekeeping" New Step-by-step Cook Book (Hardcover)
I love this book. I originally gave a copy to my daughter, who used it when she was at University and has continued to use it now she is married.
Unfortunately, my first copy was taken from my home in my absence, hence the reason I had to have another copy - I am enjoying trying all the different recipes - the photos entice you and the instructions are easy to follow and can be used by everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars very very good cookbook, 22 Jun. 2009
K. Mitchell "Katrien Mitchell" (Panaga, Seria, Brunei) - See all my reviews
This review is from: "Good Housekeeping" New Step-by-step Cook Book (Hardcover)
I have the edition of 1993 and a good friend of mine who is an excellent cook borrows this book an a regular base, even though she already owns a billion cookbooks. I bought this edition as a farewell gift, since she is moving to an other country. To be precise, we both live in Russia now and she is moving back to England. This cookbook is a real recommendation!!

5.0 out of 5 stars All you need to know, 21 Dec. 2010
This review is from: "Good Housekeeping" New Step-by-step Cook Book (Hardcover)
My mother in law gave me Good Housekeeping Cookery Book when I got married back in the dark ages of 1954 when some food was still rationed after WW2. WOW.
I loved the book and learnt to cook from it. I was delighted when I saw a new edition had been published. It is beautifully illustrated and although there are some of the old recipes included, there are masses of new ones. This edition has illustrations of all the recipes at the beginning of the book making choices very easy. The recipes are staightforward and very delicious, good for large families or for couples, special celebrations and parties. I highly recommend it for anybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars housekeeping, 8 Jan. 2014
This review is from: "Good Housekeeping" New Step-by-step Cook Book (Hardcover)
This my family bible of cooking/baking, I first bought this book over 20 years ago, my kids have used it regular, when my daughter got married she took this book with her, suppose to be on loan, but had to buy another copy, then when my brother found himself living on his own, he asked if I had a cookbook he could borrow, once more my copy went out on loan so once again I have had to replace it. this is the best book to follow its not called step by step for nothing.

"Good Housekeeping" New Step-by-step Cook Book
"Good Housekeeping" New Step-by-step Cook Book by Good Housekeeping Institute (Hardcover - 18 Jun. 1998)
Used & New from: £0.01